Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Roads disappearing?

Post by BrutusNL
When I track new roads, sometimes they get lost. One day they are still shown on my Waze client in red, the next day they sometimes :?: have simply disappeared or only parts of the road I have recorded remain visible.
BrutusNL

POSTER_ID:118908

Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
Okay, so no matter what, I always need to enter Cartouche after tracking a route, to make it 'stick' on the server? Raises two questions.
1. Is it sufficient to just login an select 'update map'? Because I have recorderd numerous new roads, but haven't gotten to editing all of them yet. However, also some of the non-edited roads seems to stick.
2. I sometime see little bits of road, probably because someones GPS is 'off-track', that seem to have been made 'stick', but I cannot imagine that someone edited those.
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by cmezriczky
Your information might be correct, but there seems to be another problem:

Recorded a street yesterday and another the day before.

Today the earlier one is still on the iPhone, the later one is gone. Both are not available in cartouche and manually editing leads to "no permissions" since I am a new member...

So there seems to be a major flaw in the update process...
cmezriczky
Send a message

Post by cmezriczky
I read that in the forums and the wiki, but it still doesn´t clarify why one of the roads is displayed in red on my phone while the other one is gone.
cmezriczky
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
It takes a day or two for your routes to be updated to the server, more if there are delays for one reason or another
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by phulish
Okay, so no matter what, I always need to enter Cartouche after tracking a route, to make it 'stick' on the server?
Yes!
Is it sufficient to just login an select 'update map'?
No. The roads you record have no information in them. All waze knows is that they are drivable. You would need to add street name, directionality, specify type of road.
Because I have recorderd numerous new roads, but haven't gotten to editing all of them yet
Quick find your new roads by using the unknown roads layer. Turn off all the other layers and just look for the bright red lines. Those are the unedited roads. Turn on the appropriate layers to help you identify and label your new roads.
I sometime see little bits of road, probably because someones GPS is 'off-track', that seem to have been made 'stick', but I cannot imagine that someone edited those.
If you have driven over them, you can fix them. If the fix is beyond your current skill, switch to live map at that area and report a problem. Other local wazers or your area manager can help you out.
phulish
Send a message

Post by support
Hii

you need to edit the road you recorded , enter to the "cartouche" and edit the road you created.
after a few days the server updating the client and then you'll see it up to date .

Best Regards,
Waze support - team,
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by support
cmezriczky wrote:I read that in the forums and the wiki, but it still doesn´t clarify why one of the roads is displayed in red on my phone while the other one is gone.
Hi cmezriczky,

We would be happy to look into this matter.
Could you send us a permalink and a screenshot from your phone of a specific example?
You can send it to alpha@waze.com.

Regards,

Amit
WAZE Support
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message