Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6

Postby drpwvdwalt » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:28 am

After my last post below - a new build of Windows Mobile 10 was released and it has given Waze a new lease on life - Waze seems to be working again on Build 14328..

Happiness...

Drpwvdwalt wrote:Looks like Waze is now officially DEAD on Windows Mobile OS 10 build 14327... tried to reinstall, app goes through some startup process and then dies.... sad day.... one of my favorite aps... :x :cry: :( :(
drpwvdwalt

Postby Luahualli » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:09 pm

Eu também tive o mesmo problema com o W10 build 14327.1000 que foi atualizada ontem no meu Lumia 930.
Hoje de manha fiquei sem mapa !!! Desinstalei, reinstalei... Não funciona!

Aqui em São Paulo não sobrevivemos no transito louco sem o WAZE. Precisamos de uma solução!
Luahualli

Postby drpwvdwalt » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:49 am

Looks like Waze is now officially DEAD on Windows Mobile OS 10 build 14327... tried to reinstall, app goes through some startup process and then dies.... sad day.... one of my favorite aps... :x :cry: :( :(
drpwvdwalt

Postby miro263 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:47 am

app cannot start :(

stop at this screen:

[ img ]

W10M + Lumia 532
miro263

Postby jdavlcba65 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:29 pm

Bolmog wrote:Also note that in recent days, in the app, I have a nice mix of french and english
for example when leaving the app, 2 buttons appears
one in french "Annuler" (not quit)
one in english "Shut Down" (to exit).

My app is configured in french.

it was the same for me since 4 or 5 days... until today where I have back now "Annuler" and "Quitter" again.
Shut Down is not displayed anymore.

for the Email messages, I have the same issue too but as the messages are not loaded, the bandwidth of used data should be very low...
jdavlcba65
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Bolmog » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:55 pm

How to stop receiving messages in "mail" in the app ?

Hello I am on windows phone 8.1 waze version 3.7.4.5

I get messages in "Mail" on my smartphone, I can not read these messages.

My question is what can i do to not receive these messages any more ? because it consumes my data subscription unnecessarily.

In the app "parameters" "social" "receive private messages" is off.
On the website in my profile "Update notification preferences" I fired all waze notifications.

I am an active editor, and there is double punishment, the more I edit the more I get messages that I can not read and consumes my data subscription ...

Also note that in recent days, in the app, I have a nice mix of french and english
for example when leaving the app, 2 buttons appears
one in french "Annuler" (not quit)
one in english "Shut Down" (to exit).

My app is configured in french.
Bolmog

Postby marcoschneider » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:14 am

C'mon Google, I bet that when Waze was released the number of people with a smartphone (iPhone and Androids) was smaller than the number of people using Windows Phone today. If you update the app you oculd have a million users more in a very small amount of time.
marcoschneider

Postby Ayuoh64 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:28 am

I also hope that waze get some update on windows 10 phone, still got a lot of user want waze work on windows platform, please, please show some "working signal" toward waze app i windows. I will very appreciate for this.

#sry for bad english
Ayuoh64

Postby Robotman321 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:05 pm

Any staffers at Waze - I have access to a windows phone developer, we would love to work with you guys to get this app back in good standing, I don't want money, just the ability to help keep the windows phone community thriving with Waze.

Thanks.
Robotman321

Postby Proffa71 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:44 pm

Well I know that Waze has not been planning to update WP app anymore but situation may change now because of recent HERE announcement. At least I hope so, now Waze would have perfect chance to get more users. Death of WP is not certain yet even though many try to say it is, W10M has just come available so it's future is still unwritten and it has quite many advantages over rivals.

Even though I think Waze is great it's not even near of being important enough to be the reason for changing to Android (or iOS), I know too well what problems and limitations Android has and I don't like iPaid devices at all. I change to Windows Maps or some other navigation software that isn't Google dependent then and also stop using any Google service as much as possible, there are alternatives to it's services. WP is my choice and it will remain so.
Proffa71
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App