You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Request: Golf Course

Post by StormtrooperAMA
I was just trying to add a 'Golf Course' Landmark to the map and I noticed that you could only choose 'sports field' or 'sports facility'. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a wider/ more specific selection. Just an idea.

Thanks

Alex
StormtrooperAMA

POSTER_ID:16844285

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
alexappold wrote:Maybe it would be a good idea to have a wider/ more specific selection. Just an idea.
Aren't those (wider:more specific) opposites? IMO, the already-existing "Stadium/Sports Facility" is a very nice, wider/more general option which fits just fine and should be used. We could add 8000 more specific items to the list that everyone wants, but that would make it useless.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Daknife
Park is the rule in Utah. And that's not even because calling golf a sport is highly debateable. ;)

Tapatalking via my Galaxy S4
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by DwarfLord
In California, unfortunately, we are still in need of guidance as there is no clear pattern to follow.

A few brief spot-checks around California show golf-course landmarks categorized as "Stadium / Sports Facility" (Stanford Golf Course, Indian Valley Golf Club), "Other" (Pebble Beach and Balboa Park), and "Park" (Montecito Country Club, Valley Club Golf Course).

Golf courses are very big, very green, and relatively few and far between. To me it doesn't seem a lark to categorize them as a Park. True of course that people driving may think them sites for walking/riding, but it seems a thing to grass unfair to act as if it isn't there, or paint it like a dirty sock when it grows there shining bright shamrock.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
sketch wrote:Are all dwarves gifted with the pen of the poet, or just the lords?
Lord Seuss (the Dr. thing was a cover) is counted among the greatest of our people. :D
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
What is the exact ruling on Golf Courses? I've seen both "parks" and "other" used. I've searched the wiki but can't remember if there was any information on how a Golf Course should be handled.

My concern is the type of golf course it is. Here in Arizona, we have public, private, and "residential" courses. The residential are those built in/around retirement communities. They may be open to the public, but some are located within a gated community and considered private. A problem I have with some "residential" ones are that they really don't have a name.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-112.5 ... TT&env=usa
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by MGODLEW
I have seen them listed as "parks"
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by MGODLEW
IMO, The key is uniformity, if mostly everyone in your state lists them as parks then I would go with parks.
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by sketch
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
alexappold wrote:Maybe it would be a good idea to have a wider/ more specific selection. Just an idea.
Aren't those (wider:more specific) opposites? IMO, the already-existing "Stadium/Sports Facility" is a very nice, wider/more general option which fits just fine and should be used. We could add 8000 more specific items to the list that everyone wants, but that would make it useless.
A wider selection which allows for more specific designation of landmarks.

Anyway, I label golf courses as "parks" because they're green. We have a lot of useless landmark types, but I wouldn't mind a new one in this case to remove ambiguity. As long as it's green.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Are all dwarves gifted with the pen of the poet, or just the lords?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!