The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Problem with adding numbers

Post by jakudo
Hi, I have a Safari browser (latest update) and when I'm trying to add a house number I can't type a number (just letters). I always have to type the number somewhere else, than copy it and paste it to the box for house number. It's kind of annoying. Am I doing something wrong?
jakudo

POSTER_ID:1031952

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I believe there are issues with non-US keyboards as the editor code is looking at keycodes being pressed and not the letter/number itself. Can you try changing your keyboard type to US and see if that makes a difference?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jakudo wrote:Waw! I didn't expect this. You're right. The problem was in the keyboard. Thanks a lot for you advice:)
You're welcome. You may want to visit your Country (language) forum and see if there's any better advice on how to deal with this situation from other's in your same country or language use.

And, of course, we continue to pester the devs on why this works this way, and if there is the ability to get a bit more standard.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by jakudo
Waw! I didn't expect this. You're right. The problem was in the keyboard. Thanks a lot for you advice:)
jakudo
Send a message