[Script & App] WME House Number Helper (Eng. v.)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script & App] WME House Number Helper (Eng. v.)

Postby foxitrot » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:06 am

bedo2991 wrote:
  • Wait for the GPS fix and be sure to have at least a 15m precision (otherwise you won't be able to save the HN).
  • Insert all the requested information (some of them are required just once and you can set them from the menu) and press the big button "Store HN".

Regardless of whether the precision of my position is green 6.0m, 8.0m or 12.0m, or red 16+m, the StoreHN button is just very briefly flashing in a 1 second rhythm. Simultaneously, the phone's GPS symbol in the upper Android notification area is disappearing, appearing, disappearing... Switching to any other GPS app causes the symbols to be displayed constantly, after a switch back to HNH the symbol goes back to dance.

Both City and Street seems to be filled in correctly.

When trying hard and fast to repeatedly press the StoreHN button, I've possibly succeeded twice to press it, the button changed its color to blue. But no HN got stored. On one such attempt the app crashed.

Could the 15m requirement be loosened to 20m? Or a user preference for it? I can imagine being unable to get a good position precision on some places with e.g. dense and tall buildings, or with suboptimal constellations of satellites.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:47 am

foxitrot wrote:Regardless of whether the precision of my position is green 6.0m, 8.0m or 12.0m, or red 16+m, the StoreHN button is just very briefly flashing in a 1 second rhythm. Simultaneously, the phone's GPS symbol in the upper Android notification area is disappearing, appearing, disappearing... Switching to any other GPS app causes the symbols to be displayed constantly, after a switch back to HNH the symbol goes back to dance.
[...]
When trying hard and fast to repeatedly press the StoreHN button, I've possibly succeeded twice to press it, the button changed its color to blue. But no HN got stored. On one such attempt the app crashed.

After updating my phone from GingerBread to Jelly Bean, the GPS fix part is now working for me, I am able to store HNs.

You should possibly test the app on some more GingerBread devices?
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby franckentien » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:33 pm

it's fun it's a good option i try this better tomorrow
thaks for this app i send many house number now
samsung galaxy SIII mini - 4.1.2 - Waze 3.7.2
groupe: "Montpellier Nord"
franckentien

Postby fred-porto » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:29 am

It still does not work with me... I did not installed it using tampermonkey, just moved to extension dialog box... is that the problem? I don't have tampermonkey, although I use many scripts with no errors until now.

My monitor has full hd resolution, but I also tried 1600x900 with no luck.

any ideas?

Fred

UPDATE:
FIXED. It only works with tampermonkey installed.

Postby leocylau » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:18 pm

bedo2991 wrote:What does the app do?
It allows you to (I hope easily) register the position of the house numbers while you are walking.

Walking? Will it pollute the avg. speed? hm... :roll: ...should be OK, right? We won't use it everyday on the same street. Just occasionally :mrgreen:
UK WikiWaze StatusUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

Newcastle upon Tyne AM
Motorola Razr i
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby leocylau » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:31 pm

bgodette wrote:The app isn't Waze.

Oops! Haven't looked into it yet. I'll try it later.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I remember when you could add house numbers in the Waze app. That feature is supposed to be added back in at some point. But having this outside the Waze app sure is interesting!

Yes, it is good to have this outside the waze app. No excuses for ppl to use for walking :mrgreen:
UK WikiWaze StatusUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

Newcastle upon Tyne AM
Motorola Razr i
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby linus71 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:57 am

sketch wrote:OK!

Working just fine along with the beta test version of carloslaso's iOS port :)

I confirm. carloslaso's iOS port, works very well :)
linus71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby petya72 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 pm

carloslaso wrote:Friends an I have been working on this iOS app for this script but I'll need 5 beta testers on iOS7 before I submit it to the app store. I'll need you to PM your email address to send you the beta. I will only pick the first five email addresses sent. I will try to get more slots.

If you can help me find bugs on the app, the features you see in the app is all version 1.0 will have.

New feature ideas are welcome for v1.1.

Thanks bedo2991 for creating the script and making the idea of this app possible.

Hi Carloslaso!

Did you already post this script to Appstore? (I did not found it but maybe I do not know the name of the app.) If not is it still possible to become a beta tester? I have iOS 7.1 on iPhone 5s
Hungary - AM + iOS Expert
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1, waze 3.7.8.0
petya72

Postby sketch » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:07 am

Oh, does this script require TamperMonkey? Is it possible to use natively in Chrome?
iphone 5 • ios 7.1 • waze 3.7.9.914 • mac os 10.9.2
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:55 pm

None of the scripts I use require TamperMonkey, they all work in Chrome natively (URO, Color Highlights, Junction Angle Info, JNF, Toolbox, Validator)—many of them are in the Chrome App Store now, but all of them were once .user.js or .crx files that worked natively in Chrome.

I talked to the developer of WME Fancy Permalink, which was similar to House Number Helper in that it required TamperMonkey. He sent me the code for a bootstrap.user.js file and a manifest.json file, and I was able to build the .crx Chrome extension myself.
iphone 5 • ios 7.1 • waze 3.7.9.914 • mac os 10.9.2
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts