Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxitrot
Twister-UK wrote: On return to the map view, the zoom, recentre and orientation buttons are missing, and long-pressing on the map has no effect. This state persists until the app is reloaded.
I've experienced the same yesterday (and at least once more a couple of weeks ago). I've then "successfully" sent debug logs (which took hours), yet to report it.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
:) Someone recently discarded the "Bin ich Big" writing and someone painted the nice star, down there at /dev/null? :lol:
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Today at ~8:15 UTC, for n-th time already during last many months, I've experienced a situation, when the crosshair, zoom and orientation buttons disappeared for good. After panning the map a bit, it became static. Some half hour later, after entering and exiting some menus, the map position and orientation again started to match my car icon, but the buttons did not reappear.
I've finished sending some 150 logs a half hour ago.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
This bug is already lurking around for a longer time. Indeed just a restart cures it.
wlodek76 wrote:- I can't switch into my current position - left control "finder" is invisible.
This one can be worked around by opening both menus, selecting something inside and returning back (possibly the right Report menu is sufficient). The display then returns to the current position.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
slandrum wrote:
risototh1 wrote:Can you please add navigation to coordinates or by selecting the exact place on map?
If you search the forums and read the wiki you will find that you can navigate to coordinates, and you can select a spot on the map and navigate to it.
And, if you don't like to go through lengthy manuals, you should at least try it out.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Fraeco
Unable to share drives using hangouts.
Running stock 4.4 on a Nexus 4.
Hangouts opens and shows the loading icon but I'm not being prompted for a destination. The loading icon remains on screen until the device locks. Hangouts does not crash, I can use the softkeys to go back to my list of hangouts.

Workaround right now is to use the "other" options and copy the whole thing to the clipboard and then manually send the SMS.
Fraeco
Send a message

Post by fred-porto
Seems that the change of screen's orientation/layout has some issue.

In my case, waze is very slow when routing, mainly when the route has to rotate the design of the map, I mean, when car makes a turn and the roads has to be rotated in screen. I also noticed that the speedometer is "in low motion" increase... while I am driving at a steady speed of 60 km/h, waze reports, 24, 35, 44, until it reaches 60 km/h...It makes waze loose to understand I made a detour or turned in a diferent street. speedometer was very accurate in previous version.
This behavior was noticed in this last version. It also has difficult to fix GPS, loosing signal most of the times, many times in a route, which makes me impossible to be guided by waze.
I have LG P880 (optimus 4x), ROM CM 10.1.3 (4.2.2 android) with no tweak installed.
fred-porto
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
https://world.waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c ... 00k_6c.png

Post by fred-porto
At the beginning of this page I reported a problem of slowness/freezing with waze while routing.
Well, after reading the problems with hangout reported by others, I decided to disabled the option that made it as default SMS program.
Now waze is more responsive and has no problem of rotation.
But, the speedometer needs to be smarter, I mean, waze needs to be more responsive to realize when I am increasing or decreasing speed, because if it thinks I am driving at XX speed while I am at YY speed, the calculation of the time to the next corner or change of route will be passed.
(sorry for my english, I speak portuguese).
fred-porto
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
https://world.waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c ... 00k_6c.png

Post by gdio53
KalTorak_ wrote:I'm reporting my trouble with English (US) Samantha TTS Including street names...

When using Samantha, I do not get any spoken street names. I have since switched to English (US) Tom TTS including street names... and it seems to be working fine.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this same issue? - Kal
I experienced the same issue today. Changed the voice to Tom for a little while to see if the street names would be announced, they were so I switched back to Samantha and everything works fine now.

Gary

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
gdio53
Send a message

Post by gerhardstru
Using a S4 with 4.3. Vocal directions work when using just the phone, when using with BT in my car (VW branded radio) only half sentences. If I use it on my Bike with Scala G4 no sound at all (calls and sms notifications work)
gerhardstru
Send a message