Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby speedlever » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:05 am

I'm also having the same issue with voice guidance giving a partial word or phrase, but mostly silent. I think it depends on how long the voice guidance instructions are. Very short (turn left) I totally miss. Sometimes I'll hear half a word.

Seems the routing server has been having issues this week too.

And, adding an intermediate stop, the time and distance to the intermediate stop is wrong... it appears to be giving time and distance to the next turn, or similar, not the intermediate stop.
AT&T GS4
Android 5.0.1
speedlever

Postby vickyrao » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:42 am

speedlever wrote:I'm also having the same issue with voice guidance giving a partial word or phrase, but mostly silent. I think it depends on how long the voice guidance instructions are. Very short (turn left) I totally miss. Sometimes I'll hear half a word.

Seems the routing server has been having issues this week too.

And, adding an intermediate stop, the time and distance to the intermediate stop is wrong... it appears to be giving time and distance to the next turn, or similar, not the intermediate stop.

Well lets hope Waze helps us to fix this issue soon.
vickyrao

Postby kadtamir » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:23 pm

- Add stop to existing route more smoothly.

That ok even though that if you want a new navigation that's just another one of those unnecessary question that waze asks you but my question is that:
In the last version I could remove the stop from my route and drive staright to the final destination. Where is that option now? I need to stop the whole navigation and start a new one to the final destionation?
kadtamir

Postby BovaFett » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:08 am

Since Google recently added SMS support to Hangouts, it's become my go to app for messaging. When I try to send an ETA from Waze via Hangouts, I just get this screen with a spinning icon, no text or link. I can type in the bar at the top bit it doesn't do anything. Is this something with the app pointing to the right features in Hangouts, or is this a Hangouts specific problem?
BovaFett

Postby rf10 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:46 pm

I've been seeing a lot of the error message "Failed to Communicate with Routing Server" with the new version. Navigation works only about half the time. Typically the error message happens at about 5:00 PM EST.
rf10

Postby SocalToe » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:59 am

Thought this was fixed:

Get a route to location A

Add stop location B

Everything's fine.

Waze recalculates........

Stop at location B is gone.....
Ed
SocalToe

Postby AleqCZ » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:34 am

Hi All,
I have found a bug in Waze - it takes me sometimes through the petrol station - without any real reason. It happened to me already few times, with different versions. This is a screenshot from the latest version. By the way, most of the times it navigates on that road just fine.

SCREENSHOT:
http://img.ctrlv.in/img/52beb6c39415b.jpg

Best regards,
Aleq
AleqCZ

Postby psmarques » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:37 pm

darthness wrote:Login with username/password does not work. When you login, and then exit the app waze forgets your account! Don't know if it's for every language but it fails for both english and dutch.

Brazilian Portuguese here, the same issue.

I tried to uninstall-install due to the voice commands gone silent (and it did not work ...),
connected with the same account, but now I have 0 points.
psmarques

Postby psmarques » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:42 pm

vickyrao wrote:This update gives me a problem with sound. Seems like turning on the option for "settings>sound>Play sound to phone speaker" either does not work, or the sound gets choppy. depending on my luck. Most of the time, no sound.

I have to set this option because im always on bluetooth and my phone connects to my car audio system. But i use this for phone calls purpose only and my car audio player is always on Radio function. Therefore without this option, i wont be able to hear any navigation sound.

It use to work before this.

I am using Xperia Z1 C6903 with official Sony firmware on stock 4.3 JellyBean Android.

Any idea on this issue? I even checked with another user who is using Nexus 5, and same issue when Play sound to phone speaker is selected.

Same issue. Voice is gone, and in some rare ocasions you can hears the last syllabes of the word.
It happens either on car BT or phone speaker.

It was working fine ; Not sure, but I am guessing it was the upg to 4.4.

I have an old tablet, that has this WAZE version, but Android 4.0, performed a test, and it worked fine - voice comands were OK, apparently.

language = Brazilian Portuguese
Using MOTO X XT1058 with Android 4.4
psmarques

Postby foxitrot » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:59 pm

aleqcz wrote:I have found a bug in Waze - it takes me sometimes through the petrol station - without any real reason. It happened to me already few times, with different versions.

Aleq, this is most probably a shortcoming in the servers' routing subsystem, which the editors are forced to work around (e.g. splitting the gas station into 2+ segments). Could you please tell me, in which city is the Hradecká from your screenshot?
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 3.9.xx.yyy (SG-S3 KikiriKat).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App