The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Elwoodblues61
Does this issue affect the GPS points layer in WME ?

i've noticed that i'm no longer seeing GPS tracks even with GPS points layer on.
I have enabled/disabled other layers to see if that may change the GPS points layer display.
Elwoodblues61
Send a message
HTC-oneX Android 4.1.1
Waze 3.7.8.0 on http://www.waze.com

Post by evn137
Has anyone tried just using the road, ME/UR, and editable layers only without the satellite layer. Then only use the satellite layer if you absolutely need it.

Ed ( evn137 )
evn137
Send a message
Ed (evn137) Rank 3 Editor

Post by evn137
Seems to be working now. Have been editing the last 30 minutes without issues.
evn137
Send a message
Ed (evn137) Rank 3 Editor

Post by Fredo-p
I wasn't getting this issue last night, but it's happening now. When I zoom in, the zoom level icon locks up and the map switches out of satellite view if selected. The map also resets its position a bit and then freezes at its current zoom/location.

This on Google Chrome 31.0.1650.63 (Official Build 238485) Linux
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
Since the unexpected roll out of the chat feature, there have been some issues with WME. I know that the NA & Canada server went down for a bit but was up later. However, there are still issues being experienced (tile loading, road overlays, zooming, choosing chat rooms)

Any ideas?

Here is a link to the post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=74911
Dogshrink wrote:WME is getting screwy again. I find it's losing it's lock between the road and satellite views, particularly when I'm zooming in. Also, when this happens the street map link goes blank. The streets get offset by a few blocks from the aerial map. It's been happening continually.

When I highlight a street by hovering, it shows up at the right spot. Changing the zoom obviously makes it worse, not better, but resetting it (via permalink) works (for a while.)

I'm sure a permalink won't show anything as it will be reset, but I did take a screen capture.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: This has been noted. In our WME beta thread, I've noted the following errors being thrown in the console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getID' of undefined WME-7e6b921f.js:19
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'x' of null OL-818eeb2c.js:107
Fredo-p wrote:I wasn't getting this issue last night, but it's happening now. When I zoom in, the zoom level icon locks up and the map switches out of satellite view if selected. The map also resets its position a bit and then freezes at its current zoom/location.

This on Google Chrome 31.0.1650.63 (Official Build 238485) Linux
pumrum wrote:do you know if there's a dedicated thread for the zoom/layers issue? I looked through the forum a bit but couldn't find one. seems to have started about the same time the chat appeared (25dec?). I would like to follow that thread so I know when it's fixed. WME is pretty much unusable for me right now :(

win7ent chrome 31.0.1650.63 m, no extensions enabled
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
evn137 wrote:Has anyone tried just using the road, ME/UR, and editable layers only without the satellite layer. Then only use the satellite layer if you absolutely need it.

Ed ( evn137 )
That is how I always edit. Satellite view slows down my browser. However, even with that method I get delays in roads displaying. Eventually everything freezes and I end up refreshing.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Just spent a few min on it and it seemed fine. Will do a full round of edits and see if anything happens.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Yup, I've had no issues and much success in editing.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
elwoodblues61 wrote:Does this issue affect the GPS points layer in WME ?

i've noticed that i'm no longer seeing GPS tracks even with GPS points layer on.
I have enabled/disabled other layers to see if that may change the GPS points layer display.
elwoodblues61,
I'm not having any issues with the GPS points showing. I can see them just fine.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Louiiz
I don't use the Toolbox but since chat is here, i have this bug too..

Sometime, it's very impressionant :mrgreen:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... rp-bug.png
Louiiz
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message
Waze ( v4.72.0.0 ) / Huawei P30 lite ( Android 10 ) / Haute-Savoie ( 74 )