Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by bricot
Maybe for Windows 10 phones?
bricot
Send a message

Post by bricot
zkteh wrote:Here's the reply from waze team when I try to report an issue in waze via Windows Phone.
Dear Wazer,
Thank you for contacting Waze.

New versions of the Waze app are not currently optimized for the Windows Phone platform, since the vast majority of Waze users are on iOS or Android devices. We are monitoring the Windows Phone install rate and will certainly reconsider if there is significant uptake.

Thanks,

The Waze Support Team
If you think like that, the installation rate will become lesser and lesser. Because the problem is outdated Waze caused problem to them. If you see the top rated app, there's 100k of reviews and that's only reviews rate.

And every WP fan knows the thing is that Google is actually controlling Waze even they claimed that they are self maaged after the acquisition from Google.

To conclude,
" Scroogled Waze: No plans for Windows Phone app update "

Still hopping in Windows 10.
Exactly - not going to run it on my WP when it doesn't work well...nor would I recommend it to my friends that use WP's - poor logic.
bricot
Send a message

Post by Brnak-cz
I have the lumia 1020 for 6 years with 1x flashlight replacement. Show me a cell phone with a similar camera and a stable SW. I do not need 1000 apps. Navigation I have HERE, Maps win phone and Waze. The environment at W8.1 Waze disaster, but ... thanks to online 1000x better information. I'm on a daily trip with Waze for 3000 km. Waze I turn on the city for five miles to my home so I do not have an hour. Like throwing the dick into a canal and getting a coughing, ugly android? I was grateful even for the shattered version that worked well in Europe with the release of data roaming.
Brnak-cz
Send a message

Post by brumbrumspeedy
I’ve been using Waze for some time now and its one, if not the best sat nave app out there. Unfortunately, now the Windows Mobile 10 Waze application is no longer being updated leave us with a real chicken and egg scenario. The Waze team is saying that they won’t update the application until they see an increase in numbers of users but how is this ever going to happen unless the app is updated :o(

I’m posting this to show my support for continued development for the Windows Mobile 10 platform.

Waze team, is there any chance for an occasional update for Windows Mobile platform if its currently not cost effective to keep right up-to-date with the Android or Apple versions?

Kind regards
brumbrumspeedy
Send a message

Post by bryanabaya
Am I reading this correctly or is this a typo "Windows Phone v3.7.6"?

I have looked, re-read and refreshed Windows Store and what I am seeing is my current version which is 3.7.4.5.

I am not sure if this has been posted/answered by anyone else, but does the WP8.1 version of Waze really not auto-rotating? I have tried reconfiguring its settings, but it does not seem to change the screen orientation to landscape.
bryanabaya
Send a message

Post by BryceCampbell
Looks like there is a bug in the recent "bug fixes" update --

Same issue here, crashes on startup, even tried reinstalling the app

Lumia 920 WP 8.1 Denim

Does anyhow have any information on if we will get a new update soon?
BryceCampbell
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by bsbonney
Unfortunately, not only are they not supporting Windows Phones, they are actively blocking it. Waze has refused to allow me to log in on my Windows 8 phone for several months. I tried resetting but no joy. I suggest people try the Inrix app on Windows phones.
bsbonney
Send a message

Post by C4H4AsH
I'm running Waze Release 3.7.4.5 on Nokia Lumia 929 (Icon) with Lumia Black update - running OS version 8.10.14157.200 (preview for Developers). I can see others and post/see my traffic reports without any issues. I'd complain about the absence of features when compared to other OS brands but know that'd be nothing more than spitting into the wind. Good luck!
C4H4AsH
Send a message

Post by caamaral
Voice don't work. What happened?
caamaral
Send a message
Lumia 620

Post by Camuspam
Hi all.

I'm on Windows phone. Just bought a Lumia 640.

I know support on Windows is nil, but I have got it to work on all iterations even if though it is not as good as the Android version (understatement I know).

However, I cannot get past the EULA this time.
I have two check boxes that ask for my click.
I check them, but there is no place to continue? (one for updates and the other asking that I am over 13).
I cannot scroll down or move forward in any way.

Thoughts?
Camuspam
Send a message