Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by omba_de
BellHouse wrote:Sure, no prob.

But someone stole the test area :shock: :( ;) Would've been nice to test it again, now that this is solved.
There're many more to test ;)

Thx BellHouse (since my post in the beta-thread wasn't heard :cry: )
omba_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/0/00/AtericSig.png

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert

Post by paulkok_my
I'm wondering when can we start to use the waze internal database to search for the street address? Currently both public WME and the client is depending on other search engine.

We have a few UR stating cannot search the address and upon checking on Google Maps or Bings, the road name is not there even though the road name is available on WME.

One of the example is Jalan Tasik Damai 1, Kuala Lumpur

We hope that the search using waze internal database is implemented soon.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Attachments

Post by paulkok_my
olestas wrote:You have to report address problems on google maps. They fix it in about a week.
Sorry to say this but currently in Malaysia we can't report the address problems to google maps.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
I can't seem to switch off the road layer by pressing Shift + R. When I press Shift + ? to check my keyboard short cuts and I get the error as attached. Anybody facing this error?
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Attachments

Post by paulkok_my
paulkok_my wrote:I can't seem to switch off the road layer by pressing Shift + R. When I press Shift + ? to check my keyboard short cuts and I get the error as attached. Anybody facing this error?
Found out the cause of the problem is from WME Route Checker. After disabling it the Shift + R function is working. :mrgreen:
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
arbaot wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:I can't seem to switch off the road layer by pressing Shift + R. When I press Shift + ? to check my keyboard short cuts and I get the error as attached. Anybody facing this error?
Select the road layer line ( which will begin with None) and press Shift+R to reset its short cut
Youncan custom shortcut for almost every line
Thanks for the info but I found out that it was due to WME Route Checker script that was causing the problem. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
Just a little thing, but because of the footer, the streetview lens is disapearing earlier, because it's behind the footer.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by qwaletee
Some observations on the current WME:

1) With UR set in "LESS" mode, you can't expand or collapse conversations. Since conversations take up an enormous percentage of screen real estate, can the conversation be automatically hidden when you go to less mode? Or better yet, a small conversation "bubble" can appear in the UR small toolbar to expand/collapse?

2) With Streetview and UR conversation on, you'd better have an huge monitor, or you get an ridiculously small map editing window. As a former developer, with a huge dual desktop of course, I often found myself forgetting to take smaller laptop screens into account, so perhaps that's what happened here. I would suggest folding away the conversation layer into the properties sidebar, either always, or at least when Streetview is on.

3) High rank editors have clued me in to looking at average speed data, but it does not show in my properties sidebar. There is no information in the wiki about this that I can find. Is this a standard feature missing for some reason when I edit? Or only available to high rank editors? Or should I look for some extension that the rest of the world had installed that I've never heard of?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
qwaletee wrote: 1) ...Or better yet, a small conversation "bubble" can appear in the UR small toolbar to expand/collapse?
Like this? viewtopic.php?p=548902#p548902
qwaletee wrote:3) High rank editors have clued me in to looking at average speed data, but it does not show in my properties sidebar.
I believe it is the WME color highlights script. If not that, then perhaps JNF.
I'm not authorized to view that forum link. I have WME highlights but not JNF. I will try playing with adding/removing both. Thanks for the suggestion.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I'll try to upload a copy here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388372291.304009.jpg
OK, thanks. I played with adding/removing the scripts. No joy -- there are absolutely no changes to my UI.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message