[Script] UROverview Plus v3.7 (20140330)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.19 (20130221)

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks for the extra info, I don't use the add-ons script so there could well be some odd interaction going on there... I'll install that on my test setup later and see if I can reproduce the fault.
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One X/Android 4.1.1
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ userscripts.org and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:18 pm

I've now installed WME Addons 0.42 in Chrome, but several reloads of WME later I still haven't been able to reproduce the fault - as far as I can tell right now, the two scripts play nicely together.

When you started re-enabling the other scripts and found Addons to be the trigger, did you have *only* URO and Addons enabled when you were seeing this fault, or did you also have others enabled?

The only obvious difference I can see based on what you've said already is that we're using different versions of Chrome - I'm on 26.0.1410.19 beta-m.

Odd one :?
Twister-UK

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Very weird. I've tried various combinations of scripts, zooming in/out, panning etc. and nothing goes wrong. Next time it happens, can you please grab a copy of the javascript console contents and send it to me in a PM. I've got a feeling it might be a timing-related error within URO itself causing it to glitch, rather than any sort of interaction with another script, in which case trying to trace it here could be impossible.
Twister-UK

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.20 (20130302)

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks to the debug data provided by magfro, a long-standing bug (4 months old :shock: ) has now been nuked into oblivion, and hopefully the 1.20 release will solve the issue they noted above...

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/145186
Twister-UK

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:21 am

The bug in all of these versions will only show itself if you're using the filter settings to hide speed cameras by their speed value, and I suspect many users don't go anywhere near those settings...
Twister-UK

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:48 pm

charleskelso wrote:A Possible Enhancement:

When you hover over the UR and the options dialog opens you have to carefully move down and then to the right to click on the desired option. If you're moving too quickly your cursor goes of the box and it disappears. I happen to be using a touch-pad on a laptop so sometimes it happens two or three times in a row. Anyway, is it possible to stack them in a column rather than the current row format? Then you can just keep going down.

So this:

[Open in new WME tab]
[Open in new livemap tab]
[Hide for this session]

Instead of this:

[Open in new WME tab] [Open in new livemap tab] [Hide for this session]

I like it, thanks for the suggestion! Haven't tried it on a touchpad yet, but even with a mouse it seems more natural to pick from a vertical list - it also means that for URs/problems that don't have lengthy titles or descriptive text, the width of the popup is kept to a minimum which looks neater.

This, along with a revised popup handler which now allows popups to appear immediately a new marker is highlighted (instead of having to move the mouse pointer off the current marker, wait for the popup to close, and then highlight the new marker), and a reinstatement of the UR/problem details pane auto-open functionality on Chrome (haven't changed anything in my code relating to this, so either the previously observed problems were a temporary glitch on the Waze servers, or the public version of WME has been quietly fiddled with once again...), form the basis of v1.21 which I'll be releasing just as soon as userscripts starts working properly again.
Twister-UK

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.21 (20130315)

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Twister-UK

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.21 (20130315)

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 am

In the past I've seen this multiple-tab error occur whenever the WME code itself gets changed leaving URO searching for page elements that either no longer exist or have been renamed. However, for stable releases of WME where this isn't an issue, I think the problem can also be triggered if WME fails to load properly, but since it happens so infrequently on my systems I haven't been able to nail down exactly how or when it occurs, and therefore haven't been able to put in a fix...

If any URO users are handy with either the javascript console in Chrome or Firebug in Firefox, then I'd appreciate getting a copy of the relevant bits of the console output after this error occurs.
Twister-UK

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.22 (20130321)

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:18 pm

charleskelso wrote:I found that if I remove the showproblem/endshow from the end of the URL the problem goes away.

This is the sort of error report programmers love, leading us directly to the problem - thank you :D It seems that although the auto-open feature started working again for URs in Chrome, reinstating it for map problems as well was a bit hasty, and so 1.22 disables it again...

Twister-UK

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.23 (20130403)

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:28 am

With the public roll-out of the former beta version of WME, all the code to support the old public version of WME is no longer required, and so 1.23 rips it all out, resulting in a significantly smaller and easier to maintain script.

I've also taken the opportunity to (hopefully!) fix some of the niggling errors that some people have been seeing, which appear to have been caused by the script attempting to access certain elements of WME whilst the WME code itself was in the process of updating them - under certain, apparently rare, circumstances these errors could cause a browser lockup.

Twister-UK

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts