Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby blackholr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:46 am

Hi everybody!

I'm new on waze, i tried to install it for the first time just yesterday. AND it wasn't a good experience. I can't manage to have the app working.

When lauching for the first time i was able to create an account. But when waze came on the map it immediately crashed and "back to desktop".

Every time i launch waze it displays the map just for a second and then close without letting me doing anything on waze.

I can send to a dev the lastcrsh plist.

BUT: i can have waze working by reinstalling AND not to loggin!!!! Since i login it crash. If i stay anonymous user i can use it.

I'm using last version of waze and ipad mini retina 64g with 3g.

Thanks for getting this app work!
blackholr

Postby a4bolek » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:55 pm

bfvww2 wrote:Hi everybody!

I'm new on waze, i tried to install it for the first time just yesterday. AND it wasn't a good experience. I can't manage to have the app working.

When lauching for the first time i was able to create an account. But when waze came on the map it immediately crashed and "back to desktop".

Every time i launch waze it displays the map just for a second and then close without letting me doing anything on waze.

I can send to a dev the lastcrsh plist.

BUT: i can have waze working by reinstalling AND not to loggin!!!! Since i login it crash. If i stay anonymous user i can use it.

I'm using last version of waze and ipad mini retina 64g with 3g.

Thanks for getting this app work!

Since you are using ipad you may get better help here:https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73103
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android N
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.1.0.1
a4bolek

Postby blackholr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:20 pm

Woops faulty. Thanks for that, wrong clicking...
blackholr

Postby smiles496 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:49 am

I'm just started using Waze, and I'm running a Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo GT-S5310. When I try to "Send ETA -> Share Drive", as in this screenshot, I can't actually see what the buttons show (and on some occasions, the map is larger and I can't see the buttons at all).

Unfortunately, the screen doesn't allow for scrolling, so it is impossible to actually send the link. This could be fixed by allowing this screen to scroll where necessary.

Julian
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-12-30-01-17-56.png
Screenshot_2013-12-30-01-17-56.png (37.05 KiB) Viewed 687 times
smiles496

Postby SocalToe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:00 am

smiles496 wrote:I'm just started using Waze, and I'm running a Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo GT-S5310. When I try to "Send ETA -> Share Drive", as in this screenshot, I can't actually see what the buttons show (and on some occasions, the map is larger and I can't see the buttons at all).

Unfortunately, the screen doesn't allow for scrolling, so it is impossible to actually send the link. This could be fixed by allowing this screen to scroll where necessary.

Julian

Rotate phone 90 degrees so it shows up in landscape mode.........
Ed
SocalToe

Postby smiles496 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:10 am

Thanks, SocalToe, that is a decent workaround. Would be good if such a trick weren't needed though - scrolling the screen feels more "obvious".

Julian
smiles496

Postby Inha1966 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:11 am

Significant bug in new android version...when I attempt enter a search address in Landscape mode a carriage return is assumed (producing an incomplete search result) as soon as I hit the space key. This is forcing me to rotate my phone to portrait to enter a complete address in the search box.

Device: Samsung Note 2 GT-N7105
Adroid 4.1.2
Inha1966

Postby kendoori » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:42 pm

I am running the app on an HTC One with Android 4.3... On several recent trips I have found that after plotting a route that the display doesn't always update in real time... the ETA and mileage update, but the actual display seems to have a mind of its own...

Also, I found that I'm often not prompted with audio....
kendoori

Postby AlexandreMCrocci » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Developers'm using Waze as the primary navigation system in my Galaxy Note to open the alert record and return to the map is the same map with the all black with no possibility of viewing, so I re-display the map have to close The Waze and open it again but preventing me from registering alerts. Please check this bug.
AlexandreMCrocci

Postby annaertt » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:19 pm

I recently switched to an LG nexus 5 phone with android 4.4.2 which uses google-hangout-app to send SMS-messages
but when I want to send my ETA via SMS I get a blank screen in the hangout-app
workaround is to use the "copy to clipboard" and manually paste the message in the SMS-hangout
please check if this is a bug in waze or google-hangout app
thanks,
Tanja
annaertt

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App