Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Find Dead-Ends With Enabled U-Turns

Post by pumrum
Similar to Shift-Z which shows all disallowed turns, it would be helpful to be able to highlight all dead-end segments (cul-de-sacs and courts) that have the U-Turn enabled. According to the Wiki and notes from several Waze Champs, these should be disabled in almost all cases. I could see adding this to the Shift-Z display, or alternatively adding a separate keyboard shortcut dedicated to this task.

Wiki link:
https://www.waze.com/wiki/Map_Editing_Q ... nd-streets
pumrum

POSTER_ID:16851422

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I'd bet one of the community-built tools like WME Color Highlighter could do this.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
gizmouf wrote:Apparently that's not the case, some exceptions exists.
U-turn should stay allowed when the end of the cul-de-sac is big enough to easily make a u-turn, and disallowed when it's a single street.
No, they should be denied as well - if they are enabled, Waze will route a user down the street just to make a U-Turn - a direction that should never be given.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by dbraughlr
If this is a rule without exceptions, then it can be applied programmatically. There is no need for humans to find and fix them one-by-one.
dbraughlr
Send a message
Ѭ

Post by dbraughlr
I think that a mass update to clean up the whole database is justified. I still do not see the value of having human editors doing mindless work that a simple piece of software could do..
dbraughlr
Send a message
Ѭ

Post by gizmouf
WME Toolbox won't show you dead-end segments with U-Turn enabled. Only nodes with at least two segments and U-Turn enabled will be highlighted.
gizmouf
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gizmouf
Apparently that's not the case, some exceptions exists.
U-turn should stay allowed when the end of the cul-de-sac is big enough to easily make a u-turn, and disallowed when it's a single street.

pumrum > WME Validator will show you exactly what you asked for (among other things).
gizmouf
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gizmouf
That's what a champ said in the French forum.

If it's a 100% no go, Waze's devs should either forbid the possibility to do so or correct that annoying bug (I believe they are already working on it).
gizmouf
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by ply8808
With the validator highlights (update is no longer flashing) and the Junction Node Fixer the tools are now available, but I tend to agree with dbraughlr on an internal fix as some areas are crazy yellow :shock:
ply8808
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ
Local Champ - USA
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
iPhone 7, iOS 13.3.1

Post by pumrum
Many thanks. I hadn't started to dig through the add-ons in detail, but now that I have I see some tools that are very useful.

For reference, it looks like the WME toolbox will to the trick, though the U-turn highlights are restricted to level 3 so I will have to wait a while before I can work with that feature...

https://www.waze.com/wiki/Community_Plu ... ME_Toolbox
pumrum
Send a message