Report routing timeouts

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Report routing timeouts

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:56 pm

lakf88 wrote:
vickimachado wrote:One last point for me: I noticed that when I tried today to get routing -- once from my Favorites list, once that I entered in manually -- I got the same timeout notices. However, I saw the checkered flag is posted at the end points, all the same. They don't disappear when you reach them, as they normally would, but if you close out Waze via sleep mode, they disappear then.

I am getting the same problem. But offline mode does not work because the route I am trying to make have about 900km. Tried another device, offline, online, via web browser (on pc) and still no success. The routing time out. Any tips?

When was the last time you tried?
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby lakf_ » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:55 pm

vickimachado wrote:One last point for me: I noticed that when I tried today to get routing -- once from my Favorites list, once that I entered in manually -- I got the same timeout notices. However, I saw the checkered flag is posted at the end points, all the same. They don't disappear when you reach them, as they normally would, but if you close out Waze via sleep mode, they disappear then.

I am getting the same problem. But offline mode does not work because the route I am trying to make have about 900km. Tried another device, offline, online, via web browser (on pc) and still no success. The routing time out. Any tips?
lakf_

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 pm

vickimachado wrote:I got a route. Yee-hah!

I asked my wife to try it and also worked. I also noticed double the users connected now, so I guess it's fixed.
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Machete808 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:16 pm

I got a route. Yee-hah!
Machete808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:13 pm

x556 wrote:

That's normal. The flag will always appear on the desired location. The app knows where you're going. It's dependent on online servers to give you the "best possible route". I bet that if you use the app offline, (airplane mode) you will get a route. Not just the best one but simply the shortest one.

Ok doing the offline test it worked, and when I turned on the network it worked!!! It's working now, I think they fixed it try it now!
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:10 pm

That's normal. The flag will always appear on the desired location. The app knows where you're going. It's dependent on online servers to give you the "best possible route". I bet that if you use the app offline, (airplane mode) you will get a route. Not just the best one but simply the shortest one.
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Machete808 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:50 pm

One last point for me: I noticed that when I tried today to get routing -- once from my Favorites list, once that I entered in manually -- I got the same timeout notices. However, I saw the checkered flag is posted at the end points, all the same. They don't disappear when you reach them, as they normally would, but if you close out Waze via sleep mode, they disappear then.
Machete808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:54 pm

vickimachado wrote:From earlier in the thread -- here are the instructions I'm sending:

--------

Start on this page:

https://www.waze.com/support/question

Copy and paste this in the window:

i keep getting routing server timeout issues

Hit return. Then scroll to the bottom and click where it says "See also: Navigation"

Then scroll down to the bottom where it says:

If you cannot find your answer, Please click here to contact us

Finally, that takes you to the form where you can send a report to Waze Support.

Yeah your instructions are better. I already opened a ticket. At last I got a response from Twitter so I hope this will get sorted out soon enough...
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Machete808 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:30 pm

From earlier in the thread -- here are the instructions I'm sending:

--------

Start on this page:

https://www.waze.com/support/question

Copy and paste this in the window:

i keep getting routing server timeout issues

Hit return. Then scroll to the bottom and click where it says "See also: Navigation"

Then scroll down to the bottom where it says:

If you cannot find your answer, Please click here to contact us

Finally, that takes you to the form where you can send a report to Waze Support.
Machete808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:26 pm

vickimachado wrote:Call me wicked, but URs that have been posted in the last two days in our area, those where the problem is not stated, are getting this "conversation" starter from me:

Hi! Map editor here, needing details on your 1/3 error report. But here's a guess: If you've been having problems with the Waze routing server in the last few days, please email me and I'll send instructions on how to file a report with Waze Support: xxxx@gmail.com -- thanks!

Sorry but, Can you explain a little better?
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Navigation & Routing