Report routing timeouts

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Report routing timeouts

Postby petervdveen » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:42 pm

It's not the map, it's the routing.
From north to south it's not possible to have very long routes.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Report routing timeouts

Postby pjlasl » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:56 pm

twist3r wrote:I also have problems with routes. It's not a map problem because on the live map I could do the same route, but on the client I received the timeout. And it was only a 300km route ...

I experienced the same issue this weekend on a 500+ mile trip. It seems to only like 200 or less miles. The timeout occurs after 30 secs, there abouts.

My TomTom provided the entire route in less than 30 secs. Seems Waze needs to work on their routing engine. Waze, on this trip was only useful, although importantly, to tell me traffic reports. For wazing it was useless for the 2/3 of the trip :(
pjlasl
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby pzitoun » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 am

Located in France. Android 4.3 S4.
Each time I have a call during a Waze session, I got Server not found ... for 1 to 10 mn before recovery. I am afraid that Waze MUST change their protocol and error handling ASAP.
I must switch to GooleMaps and that's dangerous !
pzitoun

Re: Re: Report routing timeouts

Postby RallyChris » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:58 pm

foxitrot wrote:
dknight212 wrote:There are some areas not yet well mapped that will timeout easily.

Have you meant that seriously? If I understood you correctly, the routing server should possibly time out because of a hard-to-find route? This would be a manifestation of a really crappy communication protocol :shock:

Correct. Instead of the routing server given an error stating that it hasn't found a route yet, and is giving up... you get a timeout error.

I'm of the same opinion... bad design.
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
RallyChris

Postby robin1979 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:10 pm

CBenson wrote:Thank you. I thought I had dreamt the existance of this form as I could find the link to it.

It was a result of the Paris meet:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13690&p=115692#p115692
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:07 pm

invented wrote:
CBenson wrote:I just want to reiterate that it is unlikely that waze support is closely monitoring this thread. If you are posting here, I hope that you are also actually submitting the form in the original post so that waze is aware of the extent of this problem.

How would they not be at this point?

You must be new here...

8-)
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby russblau » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:00 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:Today (Jan 2nd 2014) was the first time I tried Waze again, my daily commute to work, I-95 around Boston area was unable to connect to the routing server with several attempts on the way in, 8-9 AM EST. I'm able to connect now, while in the office at at work. In both cases I was able to use internet on the phone and download maps while traveling, notifications were working, but routing was not working at all.

I was also unable to connect to the routing server between 8-9 AM EST today (Jan 2), in the Washington, DC, area, and I also saw a UR on the map from another user complaining about the same problem.
ImageImageImage
AM Northern Virginia/Washington, D.C./Sussex County, DE
State Manager: District of Columbia
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby rwethereyet_ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:49 pm

It does seem like it's an issue during commuting peak that it tried to get a good rote to avoid taffy or too many people in the area? For me yesterday it was no routing for the whole trip, I can report traffic, hazards etc. I ended up using Google nav when I was getting close to final destination.

Notice this usually during afternoon commute in NJ

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
rwethereyet_

Postby sgt621 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:01 am

Like the last 2 posters this has been my go to app. Use it every morning to determine route to work and in the evening to determine route home. Over the past 3 weeks it has become pretty much unusable due to timeouts. Other times it does not recognize the route I'm on and tells me continually to proceed to the highlighted route, which I'm already on, and then proceeds to give improper directions. I've already deleted and reinstalled. I am on an iphone 5 and have not updated to the new IOS. Frustrated.
sgt621

Postby slandrum » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Yesterday Jan 2 at around 8am PDT I had trouble getting routing in Southern California. I timed out 3 times, then got a route on the 4th attempt.
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 Image
slandrum

PreviousNext

Return to Navigation & Routing