Report routing timeouts

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Report routing timeouts

Postby Machete808 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:50 pm

One last point for me: I noticed that when I tried today to get routing -- once from my Favorites list, once that I entered in manually -- I got the same timeout notices. However, I saw the checkered flag is posted at the end points, all the same. They don't disappear when you reach them, as they normally would, but if you close out Waze via sleep mode, they disappear then.
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Area manager, Los Angeles
Country manager, Thailand
Image Image
Need support?
support.google.com/waze > Popular topics > FAQs > Other > Open a ticket
Editing links:
How to handle parking lots
Machete808
State Manager
State Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:10 pm

vickimachado wrote:One last point for me: I noticed that when I tried today to get routing -- once from my Favorites list, once that I entered in manually -- I got the same timeout notices. However, I saw the checkered flag is posted at the end points, all the same. They don't disappear when you reach them, as they normally would, but if you close out Waze via sleep mode, they disappear then.

That's normal. The flag will always appear on the desired location. The app knows where you're going. It's dependent on online servers to give you the "best possible route". I bet that if you use the app offline, (airplane mode) you will get a route. Not just the best one but simply the shortest one.
LVL 3 Waze Map Editor from Toa Alta, Puerto Rico
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:13 pm

x556 wrote:
vickimachado wrote:One last point for me: I noticed that when I tried today to get routing -- once from my Favorites list, once that I entered in manually -- I got the same timeout notices. However, I saw the checkered flag is posted at the end points, all the same. They don't disappear when you reach them, as they normally would, but if you close out Waze via sleep mode, they disappear then.

That's normal. The flag will always appear on the desired location. The app knows where you're going. It's dependent on online servers to give you the "best possible route". I bet that if you use the app offline, (airplane mode) you will get a route. Not just the best one but simply the shortest one.

Ok doing the offline test it worked, and when I turned on the network it worked!!! It's working now, I think they fixed it try it now!
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Machete808 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:16 pm

I got a route. Yee-hah!
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Image Image
Need support?
Editing links:
Machete808
State Manager
State Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 pm

vickimachado wrote:I got a route. Yee-hah!

I asked my wife to try it and also worked. I also noticed double the users connected now, so I guess it's fixed.
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby lakf_ » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:55 pm

I am getting the same problem. But offline mode does not work because the route I am trying to make have about 900km. Tried another device, offline, online, via web browser (on pc) and still no success. The routing time out. Any tips?
lakf_

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:56 pm

lakf88 wrote:

I am getting the same problem. But offline mode does not work because the route I am trying to make have about 900km. Tried another device, offline, online, via web browser (on pc) and still no success. The routing time out. Any tips?

When was the last time you tried?
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Machete808 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:00 am

Just now. What, more problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Image Image
Need support?
Editing links:
Machete808
State Manager
State Manager

Postby x556 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 am

vickimachado wrote:Just now. What, more problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I'm referring to lakf88
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby slandrum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:06 am

If you are trying to make a route of 900km, then you may actually be getting a timeout. My experience (in the US) is that Waze is terrible at generating routes that long, and you are far better off using something else to get a route when you have to travel that far.

You are also likely to go through areas with poor or no cell coverage, and Waze will have no speed information for roads in those areas, and may not even have accurate map information because no-one can report a problem in app in those areas, and only area managers and above can edit them.
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 Image
slandrum

PreviousNext

Return to Navigation & Routing