Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by PablitoGordito
Waze have not been entirely forthcoming with why this might be happening. I understand that they have put in some more resources but I think there is a bigger issue with the sheer complexity of providing the quickest (or a good approximation) route in London at peak times. I hope that I am proved wrong.

Do your problems occur at peak or all the time?
I have only really tried at peak times. It seems that if I try and get a route a mile or two after my journey begins I have more luck.
Ok, can you try off peak. If that doesn't work then please PM me the exact start and end postcodes/addresses and I'll see if there are issues at either end.
So I tried numerous off peak routes from E14 to TW14 and vice versa over the Christmas period, and almost 100% of the time I failed to get a route. Repeatedly trying again after a few miles would eventually get a route. Basically I can't get EVER get a route from door to door, and only ever get any sort of route well after the journey begins. I can PM you the exact postcodes if you still want them.
PablitoGordito
Send a message

Post by PablitoGordito
dknight212 wrote:
mrgrieves wrote: So I tried numerous off peak routes from E14 to TW14 and vice versa over the Christmas period, and almost 100% of the time I failed to get a route. Repeatedly trying again after a few miles would eventually get a route. Basically I can't get EVER get a route from door to door, and only ever get any sort of route well after the journey begins. I can PM you the exact postcodes if you still want them.
There is a chance it might be an issue with the origin and destination rather than the standard routing issues, particularly as you can't get routes off-peak. So yes please, let's see the postcodes. If for privacy reasons you don't want to share them in a public forum by all means private message me or one of the other country admins.
TW14 9NR > E14 5AP avoiding Motorways, and vice versa.
PablitoGordito
Send a message

Post by PablitoGordito
Going to E14 from TW14 I manage to get a route some where near Osterley Station on the A4. Going to TW14 from E14 I usually get a route just before reaching Northumberland Avenue / Trafalgar Square.
PablitoGordito
Send a message

Post by PablitoGordito
mrgrieves wrote:Going to E14 from TW14 I manage to get a route some where near Osterley Station on the A4. Going to TW14 from E14 I usually get a route just before reaching Northumberland Avenue / Trafalgar Square.
At 8:05 am this morning TW14 -> E14 wouldn't find a route, but Osterley Park (About 5 miles closer to E14) -> E14 found a route immediately.

Interestingly, TW14 -> Osterley Park found a route right away too - so it would seem that splitting the journey into 2 parts would work fine.
PablitoGordito
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
Hi

I've noticed some weird routing happening over here in NI as well, I'd just put it down to an algorithm problem or something back end but I shall investigate further! will also have a look at your routes although if I find anything you'll have to fix it for me...

Pip
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
dknight212 wrote:Pip - thanks! Are yours complete routing failures or just odd routes?
Bit of both but more the later, checked a few out and they worked then they didn't , so really not sure what is going on. I did check the routes but found nothing untoward bar a few dodgy nodes which I fixed. Will look at some of your routes tomorrow

NI area manager
Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.2 not jail broken
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
That's quite a spread, are we looking at major back end routing problems?

NI area manager
Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.2 not jail broken
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by shirapashu
Hi,

In order to recreate the problem, if you could have another test and share the following info with us:

1. Starting and ending points.
2. Time and date.

Thanks,

Shira
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by shirapashu
dknight212 wrote:
Shira, are the data in the zip file above not sufficient? See the csv files in particular.
No, because of the date, we need to have up to date info.

Thanks,

Shira
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message