Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby JGrinvalds » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:47 pm

dpower wrote:Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading either at 0% or somewhere in the middle. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This has been doing my head in. I'm not getting any voice prompts (not even English) ever since the update to 3.7.7.0....
Also, now there are only 3 app languages available for me in general settings - Hebrew, English and Chinese. It used to show a lot more than that (I use Russian).
Other than that, great job. Loving the new UI.
LT26i Xperia S.

Having the same issue, stuck @ 70%, reinstalled and stuck on 94%.
Using Nexus 5 - Kitkat 4.4.2
JGrinvalds

Postby Jim_Moser » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:40 pm

New version seems to have lost all my favorites. Screen jumps sometimes 2-3 times a second. Search function not working. Also can't re-create home or work entries.

Only thing I see working is map showing the road where I am. Not so useful.
Jim_Moser

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread - sound broken

Postby jlandwehr » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:34 am

soxfaninny wrote:Since upgrading to KitKat, the 'Play sound to phone speaker' option does not work properly. I use this so that I can be bluetooth connected to my car for phone, but still be able to hear the voice nav guidance through my phone speaker.

I have Waze 3.7.7.0 from Dec 11, 2013 which was running great on my Verizon Droid Maxx phone - until I got the KitKat4.4 upgrade pushed to me. Now the audio does not work / is missing words. Here is what I tried, with no success:
1. Clearing cache of app
2. Uninstalling app and re-installing
3. Uninstalling app and removing directory from memory by directly connecting phone, then re-installing
4. Trying different voices / Tom, Samantha, etc
5. Trying the "Play sound to phone speaker" checked and unchecked
6. Sounds on -> Alerts only -> Sounds off -> Sounds on
7. Changing the volume in app, of the phone, etc.
8. It's the same behavior whether I am in the car connected to bluetooth, or away from the car and not connected to any bluetooth

The symptoms are when it used to say things like "Turn to the right, and XYZ Street", all I hear is "XYZ" and nothing that should have been before or after it in a complete sentence/instruction.
jlandwehr

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread - sound broken

Postby jlandwehr » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:01 pm

cjpaddler wrote:
jlandwehr wrote:
soxfaninny wrote:Since upgrading to KitKat, the 'Play sound to phone speaker' option does not work properly. I use this so that I can be bluetooth connected to my car for phone, but still be able to hear the voice nav guidance through my phone speaker.

I have Waze 3.7.7.0 from Dec 11, 2013 which was running great on my Verizon Droid Maxx phone - until I got the KitKat4.4 upgrade pushed to me. Now the audio does not work / is missing words.

I suggest trying to uncheck "Play sound to phone speaker" again. This is what worked for me. I'm also on Verizon Droid Maxx (XT1080M) with KitKat4.4.

Jan28 update - still broken. Checking/unchecking the "play sound to phone speaker" doesn't work. If I have it checked, I get the missing words/broken sentences from phone speaker. If I have it un-checked, it does not work with the phone speaker, but if I am on a phone call with bluetooth audio active - I will hear the full instructions just fine on the bluetooth device (carkit or earpiece). Seems like we need an app update.
jlandwehr

Postby joostboers » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Waze stalls and phone reboot needed to get anything done on my Android 4.1.2 Samsung S Advanced. It's right from the start, from the destination imput - splash screen with the time, the Christmas background, it starts. There's no response on the clickaway most right button.

Could it be an interaction of Waze, data handling and GPS? Google Maps also has this problem but faaaar less.
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.feeling-healthy.net
Wellness Business Marketing 't Gooi

Using Waze for Windows Phone on a Nokia Lumia 920.

Stay alert when driving with Winrgy! 10% off with the preferred customer code waze!
joostboers

Postby kadtamir » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:23 pm

- Add stop to existing route more smoothly.

That ok even though that if you want a new navigation that's just another one of those unnecessary question that waze asks you but my question is that:
In the last version I could remove the stop from my route and drive staright to the final destination. Where is that option now? I need to stop the whole navigation and start a new one to the final destionation?
kadtamir

Postby KalTorak_ » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:05 pm

I'm reporting my trouble with English (US) Samantha TTS Including street names...

When using Samantha, I do not get any spoken street names. I have since switched to English (US) Tom TTS including street names... and it seems to be working fine.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this same issue? - Kal
KalTorak_

Postby kendoori » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:42 pm

I am running the app on an HTC One with Android 4.3... On several recent trips I have found that after plotting a route that the display doesn't always update in real time... the ETA and mileage update, but the actual display seems to have a mind of its own...

Also, I found that I'm often not prompted with audio....
kendoori

Postby Kidder74 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:44 am

Getting crashes all the time in the 3.7.7.0 app version. The crashes while driving seem to occur mainly when I'm stopped (possibly due to the advertisements showing up on the screen?), but I've had it crash on me multiple times while at speed on the highway, too.

Also get crashes (all the time now) when accessing the Settings / About & Notices and the My Waze / Scoreboard and Groups menus.

I've done a complete wipe and reload of my phone and, after re-installing the app, continued to have the same problems.

Phone details:
Motorola Droid Razr HD (Verizon)
Android version 4.1.2
Kidder74

Postby Kidder74 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:32 pm

CBenson wrote:
Kidder74 wrote:Getting crashes all the time in the 3.7.7.0 app version. . . . Motorola Droid Razr HD (Verizon)

Any chance the issue discussed here has not been solved?

Grrrr. Missed that thread. Yup, that was it exactly. Not thrilled with the fix and that I have to choose between the two apps, but it is what it is, I guess.

-K
Kidder74

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App