[Script] WME Route Checker - v1.21 Apr 2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Route Checker - v1.12 Apr 2015

Postby iainhouse » Tue May 26, 2015 8:45 pm

Tim isn't around this week, but I can identify the problem. With Livemap, you can get a route between 2 points which you select on the map. The script doesn't allow you to select discrete points. It takes the segments you have selected and calculates their mid-points: these two points are then passed to Livemap to return a route.

I think that there is some very slight difference in the way the GPS coordinates are calculated in WME and Livemap. This occasionally results in issues like this - where a coordinate passed to Livemap is actually closer to another segment. I find it frequently happens with split carriageway segments which are long and curved.

The general workaround for this is to try and select earlier or later start/end segments on the same route. In this case, my gut tells me that trying this segment as the destination might work better - assuming I've followed the route you're trying to test. :)
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby voludu2 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:52 pm

I am having a problem with a route -- route checker seems to be picking the wrong destination point/segment. Perhaps this is because another segment crosses at the midpoint of the selected segment. Is it possible to drag the destination point a little further along the segment?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 1,83162659

The route is like this:
https://www.waze.com/livemap?lon=-75.91 ... 9862302085

But it should be like this:

https://www.waze.com/livemap?lon=-75.90 ... 62&zoom=15

Thanks for this really amazing script. It has allowed me to find all kinds of things that need to be fixed.
voludu2
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:18 am

Timbones wrote:There's still the issue that when you have a route showing, you cannot deselect one of the segments to select another. You can only click to deselect all of them, and start again. This is because the route layer is now shown on top of the segment selection layer, and I can't figure out a work around.

Any reason why the obvious solution - adding a "pointer-events:none" style to the layer container div - isn't suitable? A quick play around with this version of the script suggests there's no need for it to capture any mouse events on the route layer, so letting them all fall through to the underlying WME layers seems safe enough.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby felohidalgo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:07 am

Great job!!!!!
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:14 pm

New Version v1.12 - on Greasemonkey and Chrome Web Store (soon)

• Fixed bug with PM link by Toolbox
  • Added fastest/shortest option
  • Display TOLL marker for routes that use toll road
  • Show distance (km) and time for route (miles in tooltip)
There's still the issue that when you have a route showing, you cannot deselect one of the segments to select another. You can only click to deselect all of them, and start again. This is because the route layer is now shown on top of the segment selection layer, and I can't figure out a work around.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: [Script] WME Route Checker - v1.11 Apr 2015

Postby PesachZ » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:47 am

qwaletee wrote:PZ, on bug #2, for some reason lately TB's minimap sometimes drops below the visible frame. Even if it is hidden, this causes Chrome to think that it needs to allow you to scroll down.

Just enable the minimap and drag it up. I think it only happened once, during a recent update, so you can do this once and forget about it.

This bug2 is not the TB minimap bug, I don't get it with just TB, only when route chcker is also enabled. I'm aware of the mini map bug, and I even tested with mini map enabled and in middle of screen.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby qwaletee » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:45 am

PZ, on bug #2, for some reason lately TB's minimap sometimes drops below the visible frame. Even if it is hidden, this causes Chrome to think that it needs to allow you to scroll down.

Just enable the minimap and drag it up. I think it only happened once, during a recent update, so you can do this once and forget about it.
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby PesachZ » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:07 am

BUG report *2

1. This script is now conflicting with Toolbox, when both are running, I've isolated it to this script. The Fancy PL links to PM the last editor or creator of a segment in the left pane do not show. The link to display the list of area manager which should display below the segment history info also doesn't show.
  2. When this script is running (with TB I haven't tested it without TB) there is a vertical scroll bar added to the map frame which allows a scroll of about 1/4 inch more of the screen (on a 720p screen in chrome)
If you need more data please tell me what you are looking for to debug if you are not able to reproduce.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby bz2012 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:26 pm

What are the chances of adding the option for fastest / shortest?? :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Timbones » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:16 am

qwaletee wrote:Or you coudl just turn off the route checker layer briefly.

Good tip! Layer can be quickly toggled with Shift+t.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts