Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
Ok, so loading them both via a CRX solves it.

When I load just WMET with the CRX, the problem remains.

An additional indication when the panning is messed up: the city name in the dark grey box (upper left of map) doesn't seem to ever fill in. I'm not sure what loading is getting hung up.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I had the same issue with Chrome+TM on Windows.

When I moved both URO+ and WMET to be Chrome CRX extensions, everything worked correctly.

So... it seems there may still be some interaction issues when using the TM/GM interface to the browser.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Yes, kmph is NOT appropriate -- kph is an accepted abbreviation, but not preferred. km/h is the preferred abbreviation (and what we see on signs here in Canada).
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
foxitrot wrote:
doctorkb wrote:... kph is an accepted abbreviation, ...
It depends heavily on for whom. I'd bet for those living outside of the Imperial part of the world it surely is not - it does not even mention the kilometers.
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilometres_per_hour):
"For example, news organisations such as Reuters[24] and The Economist[25] require "kph"."

Also, for understanding vernacular -- Google it. "kmph" doesn't show anything about km/h on the first page. "kph" does.

I'm not arguing *for* kph -- just that it's better than kmph... of course km/h trumps them all.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Twister: you're welcome to request an AM area in Canada -- I would wholeheartedly support that for your ongoing development...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Twister-UK wrote:With thanks again to Alan for the use of his test account, and with no thanks whatsoever (yet) again to the Waze coders for another seemingly pointless shuffling around of stuff URO+ hooks into, 3.7 has now been set free...
Sure is nice being able to filter out the closed URs and MPs. The map is no much less cluttered without that there.
Ditto. That is an awesome feature.

If I had to suggest one refinement to it: ability to filter all those closed *by me* (and leave all others visible).
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
SuperDave1426 wrote:At least here in the US, there's been a long-standing issue with that layer not showing the current AMs. I had noticed several months ago that my username doesn't show up when I turn on that layer in the map and I asked my RC about it - who informed me of the long-standing issue.
I'd be interested to hear if this is still identified as a problem.

In my experience, the issue is that the contiguous AM area extends off the screen and the username only appears once in the whole area (centered).

Have you tested this with URO+ since the update? It may simply be a display issue that it doesn't put your username where you expect it...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I believe JNF makes them visible at a wider zoom (not the widest, but only one step in)
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Has anyone officially requested Places category filtering from URO+ yet? I think it's the best "fit" of the existing extensions to add this feature. I doubt Waze will get to it soon, but as Places will soon be even more common across the map, I think having filtering will be absolutely necessary. Some way to multi-select will be superb. Perhaps expanding lists with the ability to select sub-items as well as parent.
Quite a while ago, I had suggested the list type view for Toolbox (similar to the street list). It was being considered, but clearly Oyyo hasn't gotten to it.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
pumrum wrote:
PesachZ wrote:Pressing enter also works to close the pop-up BTW
believe it or not, this is actually ergonomically worse (for my setup, anyway). when I'm closing out stale URs, my left hand is on the CTRL-V on the left side of the keyboard to paste in the final "closing // no response", and my right hand is on the mouse to select the text box, click send, select not identified, and then click off to the next UR. pressing enter would require moving one hand or the other away from its "home" position for this task. perhaps I can get a foot pedal that will press my enter key for me ;)

failing that, i will continue in my search of ways to nix that popup. with greasemonkey, there is always a way...
How close is your mouse to your keyboard? If they're on the same level, you may be able to reach the enter key on the numeric keypad with the right (mouse) hand thumb...
doctorkb
Send a message