These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Jim_Moser
New version seems to have lost all my favorites. Screen jumps sometimes 2-3 times a second. Search function not working. Also can't re-create home or work entries.

Only thing I see working is map showing the road where I am. Not so useful.
Jim_Moser
Send a message

Post by joostboers
Waze stalls and phone reboot needed to get anything done on my Android 4.1.2 Samsung S Advanced. It's right from the start, from the destination imput - splash screen with the time, the Christmas background, it starts. There's no response on the clickaway most right button.

Could it be an interaction of Waze, data handling and GPS? Google Maps also has this problem but faaaar less.
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
-------------------------------------------------
https://www.feeling-healthy.net
Creating Positive Change

Fetching Waze scores with a iPhone or Android in a Lexus CT200h - or a Lexus NX300h. Based in Nederhorst den Berg (The Netherlands).

Post by JustMeBC
Why have the categories (Restaurants, Fastfood, Bank, etc) been removed? I was so happy when this was introduced a few versions ago; I finally felt that Waze had completely caught up and surpassed all other navigation apps/devices. But now only Gas is left.

This is both a shame and a pitty. Please get this useful feature back in the app.
JustMeBC
Send a message

Post by kadtamir
- Add stop to existing route more smoothly.
That ok even though that if you want a new navigation that's just another one of those unnecessary question that waze asks you but my question is that:
In the last version I could remove the stop from my route and drive staright to the final destination. Where is that option now? I need to stop the whole navigation and start a new one to the final destionation?
kadtamir
Send a message

Post by KalTorak_
I'm reporting my trouble with English (US) Samantha TTS Including street names...

When using Samantha, I do not get any spoken street names. I have since switched to English (US) Tom TTS including street names... and it seems to be working fine.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this same issue? - Kal
KalTorak_
Send a message

Post by kendoori
I am running the app on an HTC One with Android 4.3... On several recent trips I have found that after plotting a route that the display doesn't always update in real time... the ETA and mileage update, but the actual display seems to have a mind of its own...

Also, I found that I'm often not prompted with audio....
kendoori
Send a message

Post by kidder74
Getting crashes all the time in the 3.7.7.0 app version. The crashes while driving seem to occur mainly when I'm stopped (possibly due to the advertisements showing up on the screen?), but I've had it crash on me multiple times while at speed on the highway, too.

Also get crashes (all the time now) when accessing the Settings / About & Notices and the My Waze / Scoreboard and Groups menus.

I've done a complete wipe and reload of my phone and, after re-installing the app, continued to have the same problems.

Phone details:
Motorola Droid Razr HD (Verizon)
Android version 4.1.2
kidder74
Send a message

Post by kidder74
CBenson wrote:
Kidder74 wrote:Getting crashes all the time in the 3.7.7.0 app version. . . . Motorola Droid Razr HD (Verizon)
Any chance the issue discussed here has not been solved?
Grrrr. Missed that thread. Yup, that was it exactly. Not thrilled with the fix and that I have to choose between the two apps, but it is what it is, I guess.

-K
kidder74
Send a message

Post by KoKoSina
Gas prices information is not available in the right menu, but it is available in navigation -> gas menu. ALSO Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading at 0%. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This all after last update to 3.7.7.0. So now not any voice prompts!!! Tested on Samsung galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 mini.
KoKoSina
Send a message

Post by kondadotm
Waze sometimes says "no network signal" ("Buscando red" = searching network) when there actually is, up to HSDPA/HSUPA (H+) on my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 with Android 4.3. It won't work for as long as I don't close and restart the app.

After closing and reopening Waze it immediately works.
2014-02-11-19.19.gif
(76.02 KiB) Downloaded 732 times
2014-02-11-19.22.gif
(92.12 KiB) Downloaded 730 times
kondadotm
Send a message