Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by mikegalon
For many versions now, I have experienced daily crashes of Waze. I have finally been able to understand the failpoint and can reproduce it 100% of the time.
If I touch the screen when Waze is displayed and it goes into the "freeze-map" mode (in other words, the map doesn't move while I am driving, but stays at the position that I have moved it to and the "cross-hairs" icon is displayed - not sure what the mode is called officially) and then shift to another app by means of a screen-touch gesture (for example, using the "GMD Gestures" app I apply a two-finger downward swipe to launch my music app) then Waze crashes a few seconds afterwards while Waze is running in the background.
The Waze crash is very specific when launching another app via a gesture-based app (e.g., GMD Gestures). Waze does not crash if it is in freeze-map mode and I press the Home button to go to the home page or when using a sidelauncher to launch another app.

What seems to me to be happening is that when launching an app while Waze is displayed using a touch-screen gesture, Waze goes into "freeze-map" mode and while driving, Waze wants to update the map's location but the freeze-map mode interferes somehow and causes the fail.

I would be happy if someone could confirm this. I am running stock JB 4.3 (crash also happened on 4.1.2) on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300).

Thanks. :D
mikegalon
Send a message

Post by mikegalon
davielde wrote:
mikegalon wrote:I would be happy if someone could confirm this. I am running stock JB 4.3 (crash also happened on 4.1.2) on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300).
You may get better response from the Android and not iOS thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73242

What's GMD Gestures? Is that an app for copying features native to iOS? ;)
My bad. Thanks for the pointer.

PS. You wish. ;)
mikegalon
Send a message

Post by mikeselinfo
Hello

My iOS app has the "candy" icon missing for my first report ..

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/16/u5u6anu6.jpg

Not really a major issue [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] just thought I'd report it.

It's on my iPhone 5s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikeselinfo
Send a message
Mike Hudson
Waze'ing from:
iPhone 5s | iOS 7.1
Parrot Asteroid Mini | Android 2.1.1

Post by mikeselinfo
Is anyone else having an issue when trying to view friends scores? It constantly tells me to connect Facebook.. I've done this several times, an even tried removing/reinstalling the app. I can view my list of friends, just can't view then under the scores tables. :s

mikeselinfo
Send a message
Mike Hudson
Waze'ing from:
iPhone 5s | iOS 7.1

Post by mikeselinfo
One other little thing, I can't select the mood icons that are exclusive for map editors.. I'm only a level one editor, but have ~200 edits under my belt.. ?

mikeselinfo
Send a message
Mike Hudson
Waze'ing from:
iPhone 5s | iOS 7.1

Post by mikeselinfo
Oops.. Completely missed that section. Thanks for your reply..

mikeselinfo
Send a message
Mike Hudson
Waze'ing from:
iPhone 5s | iOS 7.1

Post by mikeselinfo
Traffic reports posting to social networking sites (twitter $ facebook) seem sporadic. The setting is "always on" on my phone.. But 9 times out of 10 there's no posts..?

mikeselinfo
Send a message
Mike Hudson
Waze'ing from:
iPhone 5s | iOS 7.1

Post by Namssob
I'm a brand new user, downloaded Monday. Tuesday morning had 783 pts.

It's now Thursday, and I *still* have 783 pts. Since Tuesday, I've driven 500+ miles, reported DOZENS of incidents, and have accumulated a few of the achievements. What is going on with the points, and why are points not instantly accumulated?

Also, is there no way to change the name of a favorite?! I switched to WAZE after getting frustrated with MotionX GPS after all my favorites were deleted/lost, I am hoping not to run into ridiculous bugs with WAZE.
Namssob
Send a message

Post by ninja98r
The last two Waze updates have really made the appradio user experience terrible!

You can no longer scroll on menu's and/or search results. The top section of the appradio also has a blank black section. I would recommend all appradio users to not update if your currently running version 3.7.3
ninja98r
Send a message

Post by ninthswat
JohnDoe75 wrote:
vickimachado wrote:Can't recall what else might be missing, though.
Categories, just gas left
Waze, how to get "Categories" back?! Only petrol left.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16100126/waze.png
ninthswat
Send a message