Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby steveningelbrecht » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:10 am

I've got multiple reports of crashing widget also...
The error provided is :

2014-01-09.png
2014-01-09.png (151.12 KiB) Viewed 1865 times

2014-01-09 (1).png
2014-01-09 (1).png (97.01 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
Waze Champ - Country Manager Belgium
Image Image Image Image
steveningelbrecht
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:09 pm

wolfsbane2k wrote:On today's drive in, I passed 2 road closures due to flooding , so hit the Report->Closures->Later buttons, and the icons sat on the side of the screen nicely.

Both of them? Are you sure? I've never ever seen (neither heard about) two "parked" report icons side-by-side. As soon as the Report menu button is pressed, any "parked" report icon immediately disappears. The report position (and type) gets temporarily stored just until gets reopened by a tap, or the menu gets opened again.

wolfsbane2k wrote:This is very annoying - the Road Closures were a higher priority than the Roadworks, but they could no longer be reported.

That indeed is. Sad, but true.

wolfsbane2k wrote:Please can you allow instant reporting while saved reports are kept for future provision.

There are other much more important data, which does not keep stored for a later use. Like already reported event, or drive data, if there is no data connection - they get simply thrown away...
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby baconsnake » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:56 pm

darthness wrote:Login with username/password does not work. When you login, and then exit the app waze forgets your account! Don't know if it's for every language but it fails for both english and dutch.

I just ran across this myself - does your password have any special characters? If so, change your password to just letters and numbers. This solved the issue for me.

Pretty big bug in my opinion.
baconsnake

Postby dg999 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:43 pm

The screen won't orient correctly if my phone is upside down. This is on a samsung galaxy s4.

My charge port is on the bottom of the phone which means I need to flip the phone upside down to be able to plug the charger in.
dg999

Postby soxfaninny » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Since upgrading to KitKat, the 'Play sound to phone speaker' option does not work properly. I use this so that I can be bluetooth connected to my car for phone, but still be able to hear the voice nav guidance through my phone speaker.

The symptom is that the first part of the guidance, e.g., "In a half-mile.." comes through ok, but then the next part e.g., "turn left" is not heard it all. It just cuts off.

On an extra long guidance instruction, e.g., "In 500 feet, turn left, on state route two oh eight", I only hear "In 500 feet.........eight".

I understand that this might be an Android-related bug, but can't you Waze Devs implement a workaround? This is very annoying and I may have to stop using Waze because of it.

Edit: HTC One, Android 4.4, Verizon USA
soxfaninny

Postby dandaninc » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:03 am

Is there a reason that I don't have the option to post my route to facebook like I used to? The button is no longer there.
Sincerely,
Daniel Adams
aka dandaninc

YouTube
dandaninc

Postby paulkok_my » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:15 am

dandaninc wrote:Is there a reason that I don't have the option to post my route to facebook like I used to? The button is no longer there.
It will be helpful if you provide info on your mobile phone model, OS version and the steps you tried to post your route to facebook. ;)

This way other wazers can check whether are they facing the same issue as yours.

So far I do not face the problem sharing my drive via facebook.
ImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Asus Zenfone 2 on Android 5.0 (ZE551ML)

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby steveningelbrecht » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:08 am

paulkok_my wrote:
dandaninc wrote:Is there a reason that I don't have the option to post my route to facebook like I used to? The button is no longer there.
It will be helpful if you provide info on your mobile phone model, OS version and the steps you tried to post your route to facebook. ;)

This way other wazers can check whether are they facing the same issue as yours.

On the iOS version it's not there anymore, also on the Android version it's gone, but there you can use a workaround...
Waze Champ - Country Manager Belgium
Image Image Image Image
steveningelbrecht
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dandaninc » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:59 am

paulkok_my wrote:

I honestly thought I posted this in the iOS 3.7.7.0 thread and I'm sorry for that. My question was answered in the post below.

steveningelbrecht wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:

On the iOS version it's not there anymore, also on the Android version it's gone, but there you can use a workaround...

Thank you!! Next time I will be sure to select the correct thread. Still wondering how I picked the wrong one but yeah. I did and I'm sorry.
Sincerely,
Daniel Adams
aka dandaninc

YouTube
dandaninc

Postby rudefyet » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Three issues.

First when connecting to Twitter, after I click authorize app, and Twitter says it's redirecting me back to the application, all I get is this and it never connects/does anything else.

Next is when browsing/adding groups. I constantly see this screen, and cannot view any group details.

Occasionally the listing of groups will load, but if I try to add one I receive the following error. I am signed in.

I experience these issues on both my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.2

EDIT: I was able to join a group by changing the orientation of the phone rapidly, forcing the page to reload until it worked.
rudefyet

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App