Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby Krotow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:25 pm

darthness wrote:Login with username/password does not work. When you login, and then exit the app waze forgets your account! Don't know if it's for every language but it fails for both english and dutch.

Even better - after second reinstalling because of voice prompt issues (see above) i lost my points. Hopefully they gone back after 20 minutes.
Krotow

Postby Krotow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:20 pm

dpower wrote:Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading either at 0% or somewhere in the middle. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This has been doing my head in. I'm not getting any voice prompts (not even English) ever since the update to 3.7.7.0....
Also, now there are only 3 app languages available for me in general settings - Hebrew, English and Chinese. It used to show a lot more than that (I use Russian).
Other than that, great job. Loving the new UI.
LT26i Xperia S.

Same issue for me (Samsung S3 GT-I9300, 4.1.2). Can't download voice promts somewhere at half year ago. Symptoms are similar - they loading until 19% or 84% then stalling until timeout message appear. Now in 3.7.7.0 i can't select my native language (Latvian) too. Only Hebrew, English and Chinese languages are available. And even for those language voice prompts can't be downloaded. What is this - patent problems with Google or something else. Maybe Waze developers can consider to put language files in internet for those which can't reliably download them for manual installation.
Krotow

Postby kondadotm » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Waze sometimes says "no network signal" ("Buscando red" = searching network) when there actually is, up to HSDPA/HSUPA (H+) on my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 with Android 4.3. It won't work for as long as I don't close and restart the app.

After closing and reopening Waze it immediately works.

2014-02-11-19.19.gif
2014-02-11-19.19.gif (76.02 KiB) Viewed 575 times

2014-02-11-19.22.gif
2014-02-11-19.22.gif (92.12 KiB) Viewed 575 times
kondadotm

Postby KoKoSina » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm

Gas prices information is not available in the right menu, but it is available in navigation -> gas menu. ALSO Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading at 0%. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This all after last update to 3.7.7.0. So now not any voice prompts!!! Tested on Samsung galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 mini.
KoKoSina

Postby kidder74 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:32 pm

CBenson wrote:
Kidder74 wrote:Getting crashes all the time in the 3.7.7.0 app version. . . . Motorola Droid Razr HD (Verizon)

Any chance the issue discussed here has not been solved?

Grrrr. Missed that thread. Yup, that was it exactly. Not thrilled with the fix and that I have to choose between the two apps, but it is what it is, I guess.

-K
kidder74

Postby kidder74 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:44 am

Getting crashes all the time in the 3.7.7.0 app version. The crashes while driving seem to occur mainly when I'm stopped (possibly due to the advertisements showing up on the screen?), but I've had it crash on me multiple times while at speed on the highway, too.

Also get crashes (all the time now) when accessing the Settings / About & Notices and the My Waze / Scoreboard and Groups menus.

I've done a complete wipe and reload of my phone and, after re-installing the app, continued to have the same problems.

Phone details:
Motorola Droid Razr HD (Verizon)
Android version 4.1.2
kidder74

Postby kendoori » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:42 pm

I am running the app on an HTC One with Android 4.3... On several recent trips I have found that after plotting a route that the display doesn't always update in real time... the ETA and mileage update, but the actual display seems to have a mind of its own...

Also, I found that I'm often not prompted with audio....
kendoori

Postby KalTorak_ » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:05 pm

I'm reporting my trouble with English (US) Samantha TTS Including street names...

When using Samantha, I do not get any spoken street names. I have since switched to English (US) Tom TTS including street names... and it seems to be working fine.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this same issue? - Kal
KalTorak_

Postby kadtamir » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:23 pm

- Add stop to existing route more smoothly.

That ok even though that if you want a new navigation that's just another one of those unnecessary question that waze asks you but my question is that:
In the last version I could remove the stop from my route and drive staright to the final destination. Where is that option now? I need to stop the whole navigation and start a new one to the final destionation?
kadtamir

Postby JustMeBC » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Why have the categories (Restaurants, Fastfood, Bank, etc) been removed? I was so happy when this was introduced a few versions ago; I finally felt that Waze had completely caught up and surpassed all other navigation apps/devices. But now only Gas is left.

This is both a shame and a pitty. Please get this useful feature back in the app.
JustMeBC

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App