[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.4.4 (BETA) / 09.01.2014

Postby BellHouse » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:35 pm

Ah, I see. So the only way to mute the Validator without disabling the script is to uncheck the "Highlight issues on the map" in the options?

If so, I would suggest to move that checkbox to the front page of the Validator. In basemap areas the flashing segments can be quite annoying. ;)
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:11 pm

BellHouse wrote:However, the "clear report and segment cache" button does not seem to work for me. I run an analysis and then want to get rid of the flashing segments. So I click this button and the flashing segments go away. But, as soon as I pan the map, they reappear instantly. Am I doing something wrong?

The "highlight segments" option and "report" feature are separate. You don't need to run the report to highlight/flash the segments live as you work. The report feature scans the map across a wider area than the highlighting can work (due to zoom at which objects are selectable) and gives you a nice long summary page.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi!
Validator v0.4.4 just published. I tried to address all of the reported issues/suggestions:
- New filter options: "Exclude Streets and Service Roads" and "Exclude Other drivable and Non-drivable".
- Ghost highlighting of turns and Toolbox fixed.
- All filter options are saved across sessions, but the settings - just "Enable sounds" and "Highlight issues".
- Validator still reports, but does not highlight WCH highlighted segments anymore.
- Since I guess nobody is using "Exclude highways", the option has been removed.
berestovskyy

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.4.3 (BETA) / 08.01.2014

Postby bummerdude69 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:32 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
khaytsus wrote:I've tried disabling all other scripts, yet this one still doesn't seem to "validate" anything. It shows up, I click the Play button, it pans around, finishes scanning, then nothing. No report (button stays greyed out).

There is a chance you have a perfectly mapped area ;)

I've always scanned large areas, so never ran into this. :D Could some indication of a clean report be added. I'm thinking maybe change the grayed out 'Show Report' to 'Nothing to Report'. A report with a Summary of Zero Findings would work too, but that seems a bit overkill.
bummerdude69
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby BellHouse » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:56 am

I just tried this tool for the first time, looks promising! ;)

However, the "clear report and segment cache" button does not seem to work for me. I run an analysis and then want to get rid of the flashing segments. So I click this button and the flashing segments go away. But, as soon as I pan the map, they reappear instantly. Am I doing something wrong?

I am running validator 0.4.3 on Chrome 31.0.1650 via Tampermonkey.
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:31 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:I refreshed the screen that I was on and found a dead-end U-Turn. Fixed it and saved; it still flashes until I select and unselect the road.

Reproduced, cache issue indeed. You can also click "Clear report" button to re-validate all the segments.

Tried that. Doesn't seem to make any difference that I could see.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby russblau » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:29 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
russblau wrote:Also, for a feature request: we currently have the option to "Exclude non-drivables and streets". Is it possible to break this into two options? I would like to be able to exclude non-drivables, but still include streets.

Most of the checks dedicated for the drivable roads, for instance: "Unknown direction of drivable road", "Unterminated drivable road" and other checks with word "drivable". They never report non-drivables, so the separated option might be not that useful?

You're right; I was kind of hasty in writing my request. What I really want is the ability to exclude non-routable but drivable segments (private roads, parking lot roads, and dirt roads) from the report, but include all other drivable segments.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby berestovskyy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:55 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:I refreshed the screen that I was on and found a dead-end U-Turn. Fixed it and saved; it still flashes until I select and unselect the road.

Reproduced, cache issue indeed. You can also click "Clear report" button to re-validate all the segments.

lloyd_a wrote:I assume that this should work in the UK? I am getting the error:

Validator is based on WMET, so it has the same restrictions. I hope I could remove the restriction in the next release.

russblau wrote:On userscripts.org, the file header still has version 0.4.2.

The page must be cached or smth.

russblau wrote:Also, for a feature request: we currently have the option to "Exclude non-drivables and streets". Is it possible to break this into two options? I would like to be able to exclude non-drivables, but still include streets.

Most of the checks dedicated for the drivable roads, for instance: "Unknown direction of drivable road", "Unterminated drivable road" and other checks with word "drivable". They never report non-drivables, so the separated option might be not that useful?

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:For me, I would expect any setting to be saved across sessions.

You might be right, it might be confusing, esp. when you open permalinks in new window...
berestovskyy

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:30 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The checkboxes under the Validator section don't seem to save between permalinks/sessions. Is this by design?

Yep, that was the idea :lol: In 0.4.3 there are just 2 default options: non-editables and duplicates. Let me know if it's ok now or shall I store the values across sessions.

And the same with the settings: there are just 2 persistent options...

For me, I would expect any setting to be saved across sessions.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby russblau » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Also, for a feature request: we currently have the option to "Exclude non-drivables and streets". Is it possible to break this into two options? I would like to be able to exclude non-drivables, but still include streets.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts