[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.2 (BETA) / 24.02.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:42 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:The user community controls the Wiki, so we can do whatever makes the most sense

Well, in December I got the opposite answer, so I decided put everything on the forum...

At that time, I "spoke" for the community in that I didn't think it was a good idea. Also, previously, Waze didn't want the wiki to document too many details about userscripts. If that has changed...
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.7.3 (BETA) / 24.02.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:13 pm

I think you should remove the "mapUpdateRequest" part of the querystring here. It's a WME bug.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: road junctions and crossovers

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:44 pm

irowiki wrote:... this whole thing started because I posted that the "out of range elevation" check was not working for me. I'm finding quite a few "blank" elevation segments, but every time I try to permalink one, it reverts to ground elevation. Perhaps it is just a visual bug?

Disable other extensions. I believe one of them, like JNF or Toolbox, masks this bug.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:48 pm

berestovskyy wrote:The search for overpasses is very expensive operation and would be extremely slow. If there are 500 segments on the map it will take ~125000 comparisons to check if a segment crosses another one.

It could be quite cumbersome, yes. At least OpenLayers has a function for you (Geometry.segmentsIntersect). :) But, I'm not sure if that function works with a single segment like we think of it, or if it requires each lineString which a single segment has a lineString between each geometry node.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:57 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
fvwazing wrote:So you DO check HN, though slow?

Yes I do and no it is not that slow. Last Sunday many people noticed that fwd/revCrossSpeed attributes have disappeared from WME, but there was a new handy attribute hasHNs, so the check was implemented ;)

Just FYI, hasHNs has been around for ... well almost since house numbers were added to WME. (Non-public link.)

Maybe now it is finally getting populated.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.8.2 (BETA) / 09.03.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:31 pm

sketch wrote:As an aside, wow, that Wiki article could use some work! Lots of what-not-to-do screenshots and no corresponding how-to-do-it-right screenshots, just brief bits of text that even I have a hard time understanding. :?

Maybe just edit it to redirect to the Junction Style Guide page?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.3 (BETA) / 25.03.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:28 pm

BellHouse wrote:Is there a way to highlight segments which carry an alternate street name? I'm thinking of configuring something with the new RegExp feature, but I would not know which variable to use (something like ${alt_street}).

WMECH does already highlight streets with alternate names. It doesn't, of course, do any checking of the names, but you didn't ask for that. Yet. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: right turn should be allowed

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:33 am

sketch wrote:Wait, I have a problem with the "no right turn" check. Wouldn't it call for erroneous enabling of turns like the right turn from this segment?

You are correct, sketch. In fact, it would/could erroneously highlight any junction/segment for which there exists a right-turn at-grade connector. If it is possible to look back one segment and find a "sister" segment which junctions the same segment for which the right turn is enabled, then it could ignore the first. However, I feel this type of check may be fraught with all number of exceptions that we can't think of at this time.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.4 (BETA) / 30.03.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:37 am

Why is validator today warning me not to hack it and that it can delete all segments if I continue to do so? I just opened up WME same as yesterday. Running JNF, URO+, JAI and validator. What's going on?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.7 (BETA) / 08.04.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:52 pm

j4m35ch3w wrote:Hi berestovskyy,

Thanks for the fast fix!

On a side note, is there any chance you can allow street names (in the US) that start with "de", "de la", "del", "el" and "la" to not trigger the #170 rule? There are a number of streets in San Diego that start with those and they are 'correct'

In the thread quotes by CBenson, please supply either GIS link to city/county website showing lowercase usage or photograph of street signs showing lowercase.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts