[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.4.3 (BETA) / 08.01.2014

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:30 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The checkboxes under the Validator section don't seem to save between permalinks/sessions. Is this by design?

Yep, that was the idea :lol: In 0.4.3 there are just 2 default options: non-editables and duplicates. Let me know if it's ok now or shall I store the values across sessions.

And the same with the settings: there are just 2 persistent options...

For me, I would expect any setting to be saved across sessions.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby russblau » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Also, for a feature request: we currently have the option to "Exclude non-drivables and streets". Is it possible to break this into two options? I would like to be able to exclude non-drivables, but still include streets.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby russblau » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:09 pm

berestovskyy wrote:0.4.3 is published. See my original post for the download links or force update in your browser.

On userscripts.org, the file header still has version 0.4.2.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager

Postby lloyd_a » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi

I assume that this should work in the UK? I am getting the error:
Sorry,
You cannot use WME Validator over here.
Please check the forum thread
for more information.

Lloyd
lloyd_a

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:35 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:When I click on a segment that flashed, sometimes after fixing and saving, it will stop flashing when I move the map, and other times, I have to click on the segment again for it to realize that the segment was fixed.

There is an internal segment cache. Validator revalidates only new, selected or unselected segments. Please try 0.4.3, there some changes in highlighting. Please report if the problem is still there.

0.4.3 is published. See my original post for the download links or force update in your browser.

I'm using Chrome and checked - it looks like the new version 0.4.3 is loaded. I refreshed the screen that I was on and found a dead-end U-Turn. Fixed it and saved; it still flashes until I select and unselect the road.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby berestovskyy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:35 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:the validator is flashing it as having unneeded nodes A and B.

Please update to 0.4.3.
Last edited by berestovskyy on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
berestovskyy

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Ok, there's one other kind-of odd thing I've noticed. This segment of road is effectively a loop road, yet the validator is flashing it as having unneeded nodes A and B. Is that something which can be fixed, or is it too hard for the script to be able to figure that out and we just have to know that it should be ignored in this case?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby berestovskyy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:20 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Request: Add detection of segments which share the same two endpoints: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... 4,61233176

This is known to cause routing errors and incorrect start-point display issues in the app. Also can cause the "requested route" information for Update Requests to show the wrong segment.

Need more info here. At the moment the "Unneeded node A/B" reports are disabled.

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I'm seeing the validator highlight/flash a LOT of segments, but when I click on them, nothing is shown.

Fixed in 0.4.3.

davidg666 wrote:1. both of those roundabouts you mention above are correct (clockwise), even though one runs A->B and the other runs B->A.

You are right. Please check the new "Inconsistent roundabout direction" report which just checks adjacent roundabout segment directions and reports if they are different.

khaytsus wrote:I've tried disabling all other scripts, yet this one still doesn't seem to "validate" anything. It shows up, I click the Play button, it pans around, finishes scanning, then nothing. No report (button stays greyed out).

There is a chance you have a perfectly mapped area ;)

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Script has the wrong forum URL for "Website."

Fixed in the script, on userscripts etc.

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The checkboxes under the Validator section don't seem to save between permalinks/sessions. Is this by design?

Yep, that was the idea :lol: In 0.4.3 there are just 2 default options: non-editables and duplicates. Let me know if it's ok now or shall I store the values across sessions.

And the same with the settings: there are just 2 persistent options...

SuperDave1426 wrote:When I click on a segment that flashed, sometimes after fixing and saving, it will stop flashing when I move the map, and other times, I have to click on the segment again for it to realize that the segment was fixed.

There is an internal segment cache. Validator revalidates only new, selected or unselected segments. Please try 0.4.3, there some changes in highlighting. Please report if the problem is still there.

0.4.3 is published. See my original post for the download links or force update in your browser.
berestovskyy

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.4.2 (BETA) / 07.07.2014

Postby sketch » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:05 am

berestovskyy wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
txemt wrote:When I select an interstate segment, it pops up a warning about city name being in the city field. It wants me to remove the city name from the interstate. I didn't think that was set in stone.

I agree. WMEV should not give this guidance.

Ok, the check is disabled for US.

I asked for that check to be enabled because there are some situations where it is useful to know that. I thought it was pretty clear that it was a "note" (blue) and also a "beta" note, and not a yellow or red problem. It is up to the editor to decide whether this is something that requires action. Since freeways should be locked at L5 anyway, I would imagine we can trust the editor to do the right thing with it.

I'd like to hear from Alan and txemt in light of this before turning it back on, though.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.4.2 (BETA) / 07.07.2014

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:51 pm

Just installed this tool, and am really liking it so far. Now I can even spot something I goofed on before I get a note from my RC telling me, "You goofed on this part over here...." :lol:

One thing I've noticed, and I don't know if it's something that can be done anything about or not: When I click on a segment that flashed, sometimes after fixing and saving, it will stop flashing when I move the map, and other times, I have to click on the segment again for it to realize that the segment was fixed. One example that comes to mind is the dead-end U-Turn indicator. I can fix it and save it, but if I move the map a bit, it will continue to flash the segment. If I select the segment again and then click somewhere else to deselect it, it then stops flashing that segment as a problem.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts