Washington Wiki

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Washington Wiki

Postby nhanway » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:09 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:In terms of stuff I don't get, why the two links at the top of Road Classification Guide? That is, what should readers get from those pages?

-Road Types wiki is just a good link to have when talking about how the road types should be classified.
-Road naming could be deleted.

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:"Driveways do not have a name unless they serve multiple houses" isn't true. Named private drives can be named in the editor, but just because they serve multiple houses doesn't mean they get named.

Fixed! :)

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Speedcams: do all washington school zones have speed cameras? Or is it the standard in Washington to put cameras around school zones? That seems wrong.

I understand how that could be a little confusing. I was just stating that speed cameras in Washington are normally built in school zones to enforce lower speed limits. Not all schools/school zones have cameras.

Would this be better?:
-Should be mapped at the actual location of camera, use street view.
Speed cameras in Washington are normally in school zones to enforce lower speed limits.-

Or should I eliminate the second part completely?:
-Should be mapped at the actual location of camera, use street view.-

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:IMO, fake cameras should never be mapped. :)

The reasons I think they should be mapped is because it reduces the amount of people who report red light cameras incorrectly from the app. Also gives drivers warning that there isn't actually a camera and that the sign is just there for safety. Plus, it does no harm. Its just a pin on the map.

I know it clutters the map but Seattle often looks like this screen shot below I took of Washington DC. Ever sense I started adding fake cameras the amount of incorrectly reported cameras in Seattle is drastically different.

Camera Clutter.jpg
Camera Clutter
(242.85 KiB) Downloaded 903 times

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Washington mapping resources current link is the same as the forum link. Was that intentional?

Nope, not intentional! Fixed! :)

Thank you for your suggestions and help!
nhanway
State Manager
State Manager

Re: Washington Wiki

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:20 pm

I think it's a nice start.

In terms of stuff I don't get, why the two links at the top of Road Classification Guide? That is, what should readers get from those pages?

"Driveways do not have a name unless they serve multiple houses" isn't true. Named private drives can be named in the editor, but just because they serve multiple houses doesn't mean they get named.

Speedcams: do all washington school zones have speed cameras? Or is it the standard in Washington to put cameras around school zones? That seems wrong.

IMO, fake cameras should never be mapped. :)

Washington mapping resources current link is the same as the forum link. Was that intentional?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion