Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby kokosina » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm

Gas prices information is not available in the right menu, but it is available in navigation -> gas menu. ALSO Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading at 0%. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This all after last update to 3.7.7.0. So now not any voice prompts!!! Tested on Samsung galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 mini.
kokosina

Postby kondadotm » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Waze sometimes says "no network signal" ("Buscando red" = searching network) when there actually is, up to HSDPA/HSUPA (H+) on my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 with Android 4.3. It won't work for as long as I don't close and restart the app.

After closing and reopening Waze it immediately works.

2014-02-11-19.19.gif
2014-02-11-19.19.gif (76.02 KiB) Viewed 167 times

2014-02-11-19.22.gif
2014-02-11-19.22.gif (92.12 KiB) Viewed 167 times
kondadotm

Postby Krixera » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Having a call registry clash while calling out and using Waze.

I'm using Samsung Note 2 Android ver 4.1.2. Sometimes during call-out, when I experience bad telco coverage and the line dropped, I found my phone hangs and call-in or call-out is no longer possible. During this period when I call out, I will hear the sound of my surrounding where my phone speaker is producing the sound picked up from my surroundings. Even if I do manage to call out, I will near no voice from my call receiver(totally silent) while my receiver can hear me. This phenomenon can only be cured by either re-starting my phone OR Waze, which is freaky enough. Of course restarting Waze will be a better choice as it's faster and I will gain the navigation back promptly. I wonder if there's a bug in Waze where it will make the call registry clash under the situation as described?
Krixera

Postby krotow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:20 pm

dpower wrote:Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading either at 0% or somewhere in the middle. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This has been doing my head in. I'm not getting any voice prompts (not even English) ever since the update to 3.7.7.0....
Also, now there are only 3 app languages available for me in general settings - Hebrew, English and Chinese. It used to show a lot more than that (I use Russian).
Other than that, great job. Loving the new UI.
LT26i Xperia S.

Same issue for me (Samsung S3 GT-I9300, 4.1.2). Can't download voice promts somewhere at half year ago. Symptoms are similar - they loading until 19% or 84% then stalling until timeout message appear. Now in 3.7.7.0 i can't select my native language (Latvian) too. Only Hebrew, English and Chinese languages are available. And even for those language voice prompts can't be downloaded. What is this - patent problems with Google or something else. Maybe Waze developers can consider to put language files in internet for those which can't reliably download them for manual installation.
krotow

Postby krotow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:25 pm

darthness wrote:Login with username/password does not work. When you login, and then exit the app waze forgets your account! Don't know if it's for every language but it fails for both english and dutch.

Even better - after second reinstalling because of voice prompt issues (see above) i lost my points. Hopefully they gone back after 20 minutes.
krotow

Postby Kuhlkatz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:24 am

gerhardstru wrote:I received a inbox message this morning. Titled how to find cheap fuel. Is this active in South Africa? I cant seem to get any info WRT fuel prices

It's a generic message sent to all users. The fuel feature is unfortunately not active in South Africa (yet).
We would likely not get the same benefit as other countries, as our prices are regulated, Diesel being the exception.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
Using HTC One, Stock ROM, Android 4.2.2
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread - Road Closure

Postby lincolnhyde » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:47 am

It seems that every time I try to report a road closure (especially at a closed onramp to the I-405 Freeway in West Los Angeles, CA, USA), the selectable arrows never include the onramp in question. When I am editing the map, I also get several comments that the reporter is unable to mark the ramp closed in the app.
lincolnhyde

Postby MarioTinton » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:10 am

What's with the new all-capitalized titles? Just make the titles bold, instead of all caps.

It's not aesthetically pleasing, just saying.
Waze on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 (Android 4.3)
MarioTinton

Postby marrero1990 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Any time i zoom out far enough on the app it takes me to a random spot on the map if i am not driving or zooms me in all the way while navigating.
marrero1990

Postby mattbenic » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi, I've also seen the unreliable handling of navigation info passed from Google Now, as well as the following two issues:

BUG 1:
The widget has completely stopped working for me. I have tried removing and re-adding it, as well as restarting my phone:
-Starts with "No Data" text displayed on the widget
-Tap the widget, it shows the progress bar for a few seconds, then a popup with "Unfortunately, Waze has stopped"
-Dismiss the popup, and text has changed to "Please wait... \ 0h 00min" and progress bar just continues going on the left of the widget
-Tapping it again leads to another popup

BUG 2:
Choosing Google Hangout (my default SMS handler) to share location, hangouts opens, but progress spinner just keeps going and message never appears. I can use the drop down to choose normal SMS app and send the message.

Sony Xperia Z1 / Android 4.3
mattbenic

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App