Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Krotow
dpower wrote:Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading either at 0% or somewhere in the middle. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This has been doing my head in. I'm not getting any voice prompts (not even English) ever since the update to 3.7.7.0....
Also, now there are only 3 app languages available for me in general settings - Hebrew, English and Chinese. It used to show a lot more than that (I use Russian).
Other than that, great job. Loving the new UI.
LT26i Xperia S.
Same issue for me (Samsung S3 GT-I9300, 4.1.2). Can't download voice promts somewhere at half year ago. Symptoms are similar - they loading until 19% or 84% then stalling until timeout message appear. Now in 3.7.7.0 i can't select my native language (Latvian) too. Only Hebrew, English and Chinese languages are available. And even for those language voice prompts can't be downloaded. What is this - patent problems with Google or something else. Maybe Waze developers can consider to put language files in internet for those which can't reliably download them for manual installation.
Krotow
Send a message

Post by Krotow
darthness wrote:Login with username/password does not work. When you login, and then exit the app waze forgets your account! Don't know if it's for every language but it fails for both english and dutch.
Even better - after second reinstalling because of voice prompt issues (see above) i lost my points. Hopefully they gone back after 20 minutes.
Krotow
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
gerhardstru wrote:I received a inbox message this morning. Titled how to find cheap fuel. Is this active in South Africa? I cant seem to get any info WRT fuel prices
It's a generic message sent to all users. The fuel feature is unfortunately not active in South Africa (yet).
We would likely not get the same benefit as other countries, as our prices are regulated, Diesel being the exception.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by lincolnhyde
It seems that every time I try to report a road closure (especially at a closed onramp to the I-405 Freeway in West Los Angeles, CA, USA), the selectable arrows never include the onramp in question. When I am editing the map, I also get several comments that the reporter is unable to mark the ramp closed in the app.
lincolnhyde
Send a message

Post by MarioTinton
What's with the new all-capitalized titles? Just make the titles bold, instead of all caps.

It's not aesthetically pleasing, just saying.
MarioTinton
Send a message
Waze on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 (Android 4.3)

Post by marrero1990
Any time i zoom out far enough on the app it takes me to a random spot on the map if i am not driving or zooms me in all the way while navigating.
marrero1990
Send a message

Post by mattbza
Hi, I've also seen the unreliable handling of navigation info passed from Google Now, as well as the following two issues:

BUG 1:
The widget has completely stopped working for me. I have tried removing and re-adding it, as well as restarting my phone:
-Starts with "No Data" text displayed on the widget
-Tap the widget, it shows the progress bar for a few seconds, then a popup with "Unfortunately, Waze has stopped"
-Dismiss the popup, and text has changed to "Please wait... \ 0h 00min" and progress bar just continues going on the left of the widget
-Tapping it again leads to another popup

BUG 2:
Choosing Google Hangout (my default SMS handler) to share location, hangouts opens, but progress spinner just keeps going and message never appears. I can use the drop down to choose normal SMS app and send the message.

Sony Xperia Z1 / Android 4.3
mattbza
Send a message

Post by mikegalon
For many versions now, I have experienced daily crashes of Waze. I have finally been able to understand the fail-point and can reproduce it 100% of the time.
If I touch the screen when Waze is displayed and it goes into the "freeze-map" mode (in other words, the map doesn't move while I am driving, but stays at the position that I have moved it to and the "cross-hairs" icon is displayed - not sure what the mode is called officially) and then shift to another app by means of a screen-touch gesture (for example, using the "GMD Gestures" app I apply a two-finger downward swipe to launch my music app) then Waze crashes a few seconds afterwards while Waze is running in the background.
The Waze crash is very specific when launching another app via a gesture-based app (e.g., GMD Gestures). Waze does not crash if it is in freeze-map mode and I press the Home button to go to the home page or when using a sidelauncher to launch another app.

What seems to me to be happening is that while Waze is displayed and then launching an app using a touch-screen gesture, Waze goes into "freeze-map" mode and then while on the move, Waze tries to update the map's location but the freeze-map mode interferes somehow and causes the error.

I would be happy if someone could confirm this. I am running stock JB 4.3 (crash also happened on 4.1.2) on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300).
mikegalon
Send a message

Post by mstankevics
dpower wrote:Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading either at 0% or somewhere in the middle. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This has been doing my head in. I'm not getting any voice prompts (not even English) ever since the update to 3.7.7.0....
Also, now there are only 3 app languages available for me in general settings - Hebrew, English and Chinese. It used to show a lot more than that (I use Russian).
Other than that, great job. Loving the new UI.
LT26i Xperia S.
I got the same problem, but I`m on Samsung S3. Also I know that the same problem exists on LG L7 and other phones. They all are from Latvia and trying to download Latvian/ Latvian TEO or Latvian Jānis...

This happened when update yo 3.7.7.0 came up in the G-Play
mstankevics
Send a message

Post by orbitc
rucknrun wrote:Using a Moto X with Android 4.4.2.

I like using waze on my commute every day. I used to listen to Audiobooks while using Waze. I have the sound for Waze turned off but I still get pauses in my Audiobook when the turn directions come up. It also happens when listening to Google music or Podcasts. It is really annoying. Bad enough that I have not been using Waze on my commute.

Just wanted to mention this. Didn't see it in the thread already. Sorry if I missed it.
I do not use Android therefore this is just a suggestion:

Now, by turning the sound off, do you mean "volume down all the way" or using "Menu" and clicking on "sound off" icon. It should not pause at all if the sounds completely off from the that menu.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!