Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

The house numbers I added can't be found.

Post by benjaminwikner
Hi.

I just added the house numbers in my neighborhood because I was freaking out when the app navigated me to the middle of my street when I am living in the last house. But after adding them they still can't be searched and navigated to in the app. The app just founds the entire street name.

Please help me!
Why can't the app find my adress?

Right now I use the Google searsch function within the app and it works fine but I would hope that Waze could find it..

Thank you in advance!
benjaminwikner

POSTER_ID:16865525

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
So you read the House Number documentation thoroughly (especially the top couple sections)?

Did you add your address to google maps recently?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
benjaminfotboll wrote:So if I interpreted it right, someone with a Editor Rank 3 or higher must force my changes before they will be official? :D
Maybe, if you need to move the address outside the allowed area or if it isn't accepted for another reason.

I was really trying to point you to this: "The Waze app and website address search mechanism do not use the internal house numbers and relies on external data sources."

Which is why I asked if you put the address in google, because (if you're in the US, Canada or lots of other countries), this is the only place which Waze will look right now. I am confused about what you wrote: "Right now I use the Google searsch function within the app and it works fine but I would hope that Waze could find it.."
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by benjaminwikner
Ahh, thank you! :)

So if I interpreted it right, someone with a Editor Rank 3 or higher must force my changes before they will be official? :D

Thanks for your help!
benjaminwikner
Send a message