Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:If Waze thinks the destination is closer to the segment with restrictions than any other segment, it will override the segment restrictions. This is just like any turn restriction.
Are you sure? In tests I did a little while ago, Waze acted as if the restricted roads didn't exist at all...
(behaviour may have changed since, without warning, as it often does)
Things change all the time, so I very well could be wrong. In fact, that'd be great in this case!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ditchi56 wrote:Here's another example.
Works exactly as if that segment were set as Private Rd. So, I guess it's one way or the other...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
SuperDave1426 wrote:Has there been a change made to the way that the Validator handles roads marked with (CONST ZN)?
The blue Note reminder was added because there are often old construction zones for which the segment named never were changed back. I found two yesterday in different areas which I wouldn't have found before without this feature.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
SuperDave1426 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The blue Note reminder was added because there are often old construction zones for which the segment named never were changed back. I found two yesterday in different areas which I wouldn't have found before without this feature.
This was lit up in red complaining about no inward/outward connectivity, which really kinda made it stand out. Blue would have been less annoying. :-)

Example.
Ah! So, it wasn't red because of CONST ZN, but because of the connectivity issue.

Perhaps there should be an exception for the inward connectivity for segments which are marked CONST ZN then. That way, if happened upon or in a scan, they are "caught" and user alerted for the CONST ZN with a BlueNote and not the more serious RedNote.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kentsmith9 wrote:I don't think "junction at one end must have a freeway/highway/ramp segment" is true based on my knowledge.

Unless someone can identify the problem (which then can be added to the Wiki), it is certainly possible for one (Primary) Street to pass over another (Primary) Street and have a connector between them marked as a Ramp. In that situation a Ramp is fully legitimate, but not required.
Kent, I think the vast majority of situations will have a ramp connecting to a mH, MH or Fwy. However, you are correct, and I have these in my area, where primary streets cross over and there are ramps used to connect them. I believe these are legitimate use of ramps as well. "Grade-separated" doesn't exclude Primary Street type.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
berestovskyy wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:The user community controls the Wiki, so we can do whatever makes the most sense
Well, in December I got the opposite answer, so I decided put everything on the forum...
At that time, I "spoke" for the community in that I didn't think it was a good idea. Also, previously, Waze didn't want the wiki to document too many details about userscripts. If that has changed...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I think you should remove the "mapUpdateRequest" part of the querystring here. It's a WME bug.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
irowiki wrote:... this whole thing started because I posted that the "out of range elevation" check was not working for me. I'm finding quite a few "blank" elevation segments, but every time I try to permalink one, it reverts to ground elevation. Perhaps it is just a visual bug?
Disable other extensions. I believe one of them, like JNF or Toolbox, masks this bug.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
berestovskyy wrote:The search for overpasses is very expensive operation and would be extremely slow. If there are 500 segments on the map it will take ~125000 comparisons to check if a segment crosses another one.
It could be quite cumbersome, yes. At least OpenLayers has a function for you (Geometry.segmentsIntersect). :) But, I'm not sure if that function works with a single segment like we think of it, or if it requires each lineString which a single segment has a lineString between each geometry node.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
berestovskyy wrote:
fvwazing wrote:So you DO check HN, though slow?
Yes I do and no it is not that slow. Last Sunday many people noticed that fwd/revCrossSpeed attributes have disappeared from WME, but there was a new handy attribute hasHNs, so the check was implemented ;)
Just FYI, hasHNs has been around for ... well almost since house numbers were added to WME. (Non-public link.)

Maybe now it is finally getting populated.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message