Routing errors in London

Moderators: Unholy, Timbones

Re: Routing errors in London

Postby PablitoGordito » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 pm

dknight212 wrote:
mrgrieves wrote:So I tried numerous off peak routes from E14 to TW14 and vice versa over the Christmas period, and almost 100% of the time I failed to get a route. Repeatedly trying again after a few miles would eventually get a route. Basically I can't get EVER get a route from door to door, and only ever get any sort of route well after the journey begins. I can PM you the exact postcodes if you still want them.

There is a chance it might be an issue with the origin and destination rather than the standard routing issues, particularly as you can't get routes off-peak. So yes please, let's see the postcodes. If for privacy reasons you don't want to share them in a public forum by all means private message me or one of the other country admins.

TW14 9NR > E14 5AP avoiding Motorways, and vice versa.
PablitoGordito

Postby dknight212 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Interesting, I couldn't get any routes before 1930 even when trying a midnight time on livemap. However, I can now get two (1942), admittedly one is via the M4 but the other is via the A40 (and I've checked for any errant motorway sections). I can't see much other than minor errors in the map at the first location. It is on a u-turn enabled cul-de-sac but I'm not aware of that failing navigation when at an origin point.

Do you have any idea where the cut-off point is for you normally on getting a route? IE once you start driving at what point does it start giving you a route?

I'll pick this up tomorrow unless anyone else wants to chime in this evening.
dknight212
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PablitoGordito » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Going to E14 from TW14 I manage to get a route some where near Osterley Station on the A4. Going to TW14 from E14 I usually get a route just before reaching Northumberland Avenue / Trafalgar Square.
PablitoGordito

Postby PablitoGordito » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:21 am

mrgrieves wrote:Going to E14 from TW14 I manage to get a route some where near Osterley Station on the A4. Going to TW14 from E14 I usually get a route just before reaching Northumberland Avenue / Trafalgar Square.

At 8:05 am this morning TW14 -> E14 wouldn't find a route, but Osterley Park (About 5 miles closer to E14) -> E14 found a route immediately.

Interestingly, TW14 -> Osterley Park found a route right away too - so it would seem that splitting the journey into 2 parts would work fine.
PablitoGordito

Postby dknight212 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:34 am

That's helpful, I'll do some route tracing this morning to see if I can find an exact point at which the problem switches on and off.
dknight212
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:06 pm

Twister-UK wrote:A shade over 8 hours into the start of a new logging session, and so far everything is proceeding as usual. Unfortunately. One of these days I'll check the results and see the routing server hasn't fallen over at the start of the morning rush hour, but that day isn't today... Oh well, it'll all get fixed "soon", right.

I now have a full weeks-worth of data logged for this test route, and whilst a full summary/data upload will have to wait until I've got more free time than I had over breakfast this morning, the TL:DR version is both simple and unsurprising - the routing server performance appears to be no better now than during any of the previous test runs...
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby elljay23 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Maybe the routing server will be next... ;)
elljay23

Postby dknight212 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:07 pm

elljay23 wrote:Maybe the routing server will be next... ;)

We can but hope. We're still none the wiser as to what exactly is the problem. My money is still on some algorithm issue rather than pure server power.
dknight212
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CTCNetwork » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi,

When all else fails, throw some more pretty graphics at it, or another processor or two! :D

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Postby dknight212 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:21 pm

CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,

When all else fails, throw some more pretty graphics at it, or another processor or two! :D

Des. . . ;)

It'll be an instagram interface so you can post your screenshots of the routing failing ...
dknight212
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to United Kingdom