Routing errors in London

[ img ]

Moderators: Unholy, Timbones

Re: Routing errors in London

Postby dknight212 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Waze HQ have done some further work and would like to know if it's had any impact.

Please can you report below any further issues with routing in London, please specify the origin and destination and the day and time you tried. If you don't want to publicly state the addresses then please send me a private message.
dknight212

Postby dknight212 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:08 pm

wolfsbane2k wrote:(Not adding to addressing the subject), but thought I'd chime in and say a big thank you to those involved in this investigation. It looks like a good piece of investigation work, and that Twister-UK probably enjoyed setting up this test!
I'm very into the investigative fault finding work, and am glad to see people with better skills sets than mine working within the community in their spare time!

Chris (twister) has done fantastic work on this as well as keeping various scripts up to date with numerous coding changes from Waze. Without his work the UK Waze map would be a lot less complete.
dknight212

Postby wolfsbane2k » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:11 pm

(Not adding to addressing the subject), but thought I'd chime in and say a big thank you to those involved in this investigation. It looks like a good piece of investigation work, and that Twister-UK probably enjoyed setting up this test!
I'm very into the investigative fault finding work, and am glad to see people with better skills sets than mine working within the community in their spare time!
wolfsbane2k

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:50 pm

The results from last week have now been broken down into daily graphical summaries.

The two routes returned are graphed out as red = fastest and blue = shortest. Where the graphs have a yellow background, the server failed to return any routes. The horizontal axes are marked off in hours.

The "Route Time" and "Route Distance" graphs show the calculated times and distances for the returned routes.

The "Server Response Time" graph shows how long it took the server to respond to the routing request.

Monday:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Tuesday:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Wednesday:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Thursday:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Friday:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Saturday:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Sunday:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Raw data for this test: http://chizzum.com/lmr/test6.zip (427MB archive)
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby elljay23 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Maybe it's SnapChat routing - the route disappears before you've seen it! :lol:
elljay23

Postby dknight212 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:21 pm

CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,

When all else fails, throw some more pretty graphics at it, or another processor or two! :D

Des. . . ;)

It'll be an instagram interface so you can post your screenshots of the routing failing ...
dknight212

Postby CTCNetwork » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi,

When all else fails, throw some more pretty graphics at it, or another processor or two! :D

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Postby dknight212 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:07 pm

elljay23 wrote:Maybe the routing server will be next... ;)

We can but hope. We're still none the wiser as to what exactly is the problem. My money is still on some algorithm issue rather than pure server power.
dknight212

Postby elljay23 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Maybe the routing server will be next... ;)
elljay23

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:06 pm

Twister-UK wrote:A shade over 8 hours into the start of a new logging session, and so far everything is proceeding as usual. Unfortunately. One of these days I'll check the results and see the routing server hasn't fallen over at the start of the morning rush hour, but that day isn't today... Oh well, it'll all get fixed "soon", right.

I now have a full weeks-worth of data logged for this test route, and whilst a full summary/data upload will have to wait until I've got more free time than I had over breakfast this morning, the TL:DR version is both simple and unsurprising - the routing server performance appears to be no better now than during any of the previous test runs...
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to United Kingdom