iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Postby omba_de » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Did it happen only once? Or only today? (Cause that's happening from time to time. Also the "uh oh... Baby wazer..." Message)
If so, lean back and relax. Should be ok tomorrow or so. If not: please give more details.
Phone, which iOS and waze version.
Thx
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Re: iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby davipt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:32 pm

srichgtr wrote:Fuel station search/fuel prices feature now borked.

Error message: uh-oh no petrol stations nearby. It used to find several. I guess someone has changed the radius on the search and made it tiny. Tried it with both wifi and 3g mobile data.

I think it went missing in a previous update but it hasn't been resolved by 3.7.7.

The petrol stations issue is a Backend issue that sometimes happens, but fortunately it's independent of the client and from the backends for the maps and routing. It should recover shortly ;)
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby unlimitedsounds » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:19 pm

davipt wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:I'd rather use something else without alerts

I understand your feeling, I also feel frustrated for the longevity and severity of this bug, but complaining more just for the sake of complaining won't help anyone. Client development is hard, weird bugs are hard, and waze is trying hard to solve it. Just mentioned a possible way that solved it for me and my wazers, even if by sacrificing other features. Take it or ignore it.

I'm not getting any popup reports short of traffic cams and advertising. so I guess I am ok for now but it's been too long without a fix.
unlimitedsounds

"Add a Stop" broken

Postby dgood23 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:55 am

I use the "Add a Stop" functionality regularly and since the 3.7.7 update it's been totally broken for me (iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4). I'll navigate to 'Work' and then navigate again to my son's school so I can drop him off and it shows the stop as being 150 feet away (it's over 2 miles away) and doesn't adjust the route to work at all even though there's a perfectly reasonable route that goes right by the school. And even when it chooses that route, it doesn't actually guide me to the stop, just the original destination. I used this quite often before the update and it worked great.

Another example, I was on my way home from work using Waze's guidance and tried to add a stop (while stopped at a really long red light). It accepted the stop and presented the route dialog which I accepted and then it gave no further guidance at all -- not even a highlighted route on the map.
dgood23

Postby ozymandia » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:34 pm

bfvww2 wrote:
Every time i launch waze it displays the map just for a second and then close without letting me doing anything on waze.

I have been having this same issue for the last few weeks. I have used Waze for ages with no problems. Now whenever I start it up it crashes immediately.

I tried removing the app from my phone (losing my favourites in the process), and reinstalled. I could login, reset my settings, everything looked shiny. But when I return to the app, same thing happens again.

I'm running an iPhone 4G. My husband, who is running an iPhone 5, isn't having the same issue. His Waze works fine. I'd really like mine back, however, as we don't always travel together. Any ideas?
ozymandia

Postby sketch » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:53 pm

ohiostmusicman wrote:
sketch wrote:(2) "Routes" button in the main menu does not remember your first stop

Sketch, is it essentially canceling your stop?

Right.

dgood23 wrote:I use the "Add a Stop" functionality regularly and since the 3.7.7 update it's been totally broken for me (iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4). I'll navigate to 'Work' and then navigate again to my son's school so I can drop him off and it shows the stop as being 150 feet away (it's over 2 miles away) and doesn't adjust the route to work at all even though there's a perfectly reasonable route that goes right by the school. And even when it chooses that route, it doesn't actually guide me to the stop, just the original destination. I used this quite often before the update and it worked great.

Another example, I was on my way home from work using Waze's guidance and tried to add a stop (while stopped at a really long red light). It accepted the stop and presented the route dialog which I accepted and then it gave no further guidance at all -- not even a highlighted route on the map.

I wouldn't call it "totally broken"—but it is broken in a lot of ways, many of which I've detailed in this thread. Specifically, in this post: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 40#p639284

There's a fourth way I missed in that thread which turns the entire route pink, but I can't remember how to reproduce it.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby unlimitedsounds » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:31 am

New issue... I start the app and unless I press the round button (on left side of screen) that tells the program to use the gps to find my location, it doesn't find me and display the car icon and show my location. Once I press that button. All is ok. Shouldn't this be automatic?
unlimitedsounds

Postby davielde » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:38 am

I recently cleared my TTS cache in 3.7.7 using cc@tts, and my TTS voice changed to "comedian" Kevin Hart even though it was set to Samantha prior to clearing. After clearing the cache, the Samantha option was still selected but the voice was Kevin Hart. I had to switch back and forth between Samantha and other options until the proper voice kicked in after a few minutes. I was able to re-create the issue again with Samantha, but it never occurred when testing with Tom prior to clearing the cache.

Is anyone else able to replicate this in iOS? Is the Kevin Hart and Tom audio stored locally, whereas it may take some time to download Samantha after cc@tts?
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan
davielde

Postby unlimitedsounds » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:39 am

mine switches voices too
unlimitedsounds

Postby glomp » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:16 am

I have had it switch voices as well. I use English (UK) - Serena which includes street names. When I visit another country that doesn't have that voice available it will switch to one of the others, in my case it changed to English (UK) - Carol.
ImageImage
Austraila Wiki | CA: Australia
glomp
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App