These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by OscarC
I noticed that too. I've been getting it usually Monday/Tuesday for some reason. Never really thought to report it as it doesn't cross my mind to. Sometimes I will get gold on Monday then silver on Tuesday, like they had to do a replay and rescinded my top score for some reason haha

Now that I think about it, it has been going on for some time now...so much so that I've just accepted it as the way it works. :)
OscarC
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/65/W ... tc-sig.png https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/aa/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze v3.7.6.0, iPhone 4S - Verizon - iOS 7.0.4
Minnesota-based US Country Manager

Post by OscarC
unwallflower,
no offense taken, but i think you're just jealous of my 4K+! ha! ;)

But seriously I think you hit it on the head, it's recompiling the score for that one day and listing that as the weekly score. It says it compiles it from Monday to Monday, maybe somewhere in the code it sees the first real Monday to Monday on Sunday, then it runs again for some reason on Monday night and counts from Monday am to Monday pm. as the weekly "Monday to Monday" score.

Honestly, I've never kept track of my weekly/daily points, is there someplace to see that tally? I just edit in reckless abandon and accept what points may come :D
OscarC
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/65/W ... tc-sig.png https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/aa/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze v3.7.6.0, iPhone 4S - Verizon - iOS 7.0.4
Minnesota-based US Country Manager

Post by unwallflower
Well, I got the popup today saying I was bronze. Didn't get one yesterday or Sunday. So it seems to be working properly for me.

This is my first time being in the top 3 though.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
dmcconachie wrote:
Well, I got the popup today saying I was bronze. Didn't get one yesterday or Sunday. So it seems to be working properly for me.

This is my first time being in the top 3 though.
\o/ Congrats

I've not been close for ages in the UK! Plus side is that means user numbers are rising!
Thanks! I'm not holding out any hope of ever getting the "top scoring wazer" bonus... The top scoring wazer in my area had 27,000+ points last week! :shock:
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
krankyd wrote:we'll look into it. sounds the calculation is running twice for some reason.
It definitely looks like this. I received bronze this week, and I got the notification on Monday.

Then yesterday I received a message saying I received gold. If you look at the "top scoring last week" section of the "everyone" scoreboard, it shows that the top weekly scorer (OscarC) had 4315 points... for the entire WEEK. Nothing against you, OscarC, but I know that the top weekly scorer normally has upwards of 30,000 points. And considering that I had more than 4315 points last week... it just doesn't make sense. It's like the process runs on Monday and then again on Tuesday... so the second "week" is really only a day long.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Mine were Monday/Tuesday, both server style pop up messages. I think Tuesday's appeared in the late afternoon (around 5 PM pacific time).
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by yung1d
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:This is for those of us who get in the Top 3 Wazers per week in our state/areas. Does anyone else get a popup notification about your gold/silver/bronze status twice each week? I have for the past several weeks, received one on Sunday and another on Monday, or Sunday/Tuesday, or Monday/Tuesday.

This week, specifically, I received the notice yesterday (Monday) that I was the 2nd highest and got Silver. Today, I got a popup saying I was the highest and got Gold.

Seems buggy to me, but I want to make sure I'm not the only one. Or, if this is just a known issue and I'll let it lie.
I've had it happen a couple times. Now if you'd just stay home it would happen more!
yung1d
Send a message