Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby fred-porto » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Seems that the change of screen's orientation/layout has some issue.

In my case, waze is very slow when routing, mainly when the route has to rotate the design of the map, I mean, when car makes a turn and the roads has to be rotated in screen. I also noticed that the speedometer is "in low motion" increase... while I am driving at a steady speed of 60 km/h, waze reports, 24, 35, 44, until it reaches 60 km/h...It makes waze loose to understand I made a detour or turned in a diferent street. speedometer was very accurate in previous version.
This behavior was noticed in this last version. It also has difficult to fix GPS, loosing signal most of the times, many times in a route, which makes me impossible to be guided by waze.
I have LG P880 (optimus 4x), ROM CM 10.1.3 (4.2.2 android) with no tweak installed.
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:47 pm

HTC One X, Android 4.1.1 (current TMobile-UK build).

• Select a route via any method.
  • Long-press on the map until the marker pin appears.
  • Tap the info box and select the Go option
  • Select the "Add a Stop" option

On return to the map view, the zoom, recentre and orientation buttons are missing, and long-pressing on the map has no effect. This state persists until the app is reloaded.
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby foxitrot » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Twister-UK wrote:On return to the map view, the zoom, recentre and orientation buttons are missing, and long-pressing on the map has no effect. This state persists until the app is reloaded.

I've experienced the same yesterday (and at least once more a couple of weeks ago). I've then "successfully" sent debug logs (which took hours), yet to report it.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby wolfsbane2k » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:43 pm

foxitrot wrote:
Twister-UK wrote:On return to the map view, the zoom, recentre and orientation buttons are missing, and long-pressing on the map has no effect. This state persists until the app is reloaded.

I've experienced the same yesterday (and at least once more a couple of weeks ago). I've then "successfully" sent debug logs (which took hours), yet to report it.

I noticed this yeserday, and repeated it today as well, came on here to report it.
XT890 ( Razr I), Android 4.2.2, T-Mobile UK
Mondeo Driver, lurking somewhere on the M27 but no longer editing.
wolfsbane2k

Postby Touffman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:01 am

Hi,

Here is a little bug when in 3D view. Here is the scenario to reveal it :
  1. Select a destination to be guided to
  2. Select a point on the map and click on the (i)
  3. Chose "Go" (the arrow)
  4. Chose "Add a Stop"
=> Here it is : return to the map is done using 2D view.
This setting is not saved : at next opening of the app, 3D view (the setting I've chosen) is reapplied.
When selecting "New Drive" at step 4 return to the map is done in 3D view.

Regards.
Touffman
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread - sound broken

Postby energi22180 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:34 am

soxfaninny wrote:Since upgrading to KitKat, the 'Play sound to phone speaker' option does not work properly. I use this so that I can be bluetooth connected to my car for phone, but still be able to hear the voice nav guidance through my phone speaker.

I have Waze 3.7.7.0 from Dec 11, 2013 which was running great on my Verizon Droid Maxx phone - until I got the KitKat4.4 upgrade pushed to me. Now the audio does not work / is missing words. Here is what I tried, with no success:
1. Clearing cache of app
2. Uninstalling app and re-installing
3. Uninstalling app and removing directory from memory by directly connecting phone, then re-installing
4. Trying different voices / Tom, Samantha, etc
5. Trying the "Play sound to phone speaker" checked and unchecked
6. Sounds on -> Alerts only -> Sounds off -> Sounds on
7. Changing the volume in app, of the phone, etc.
8. It's the same behavior whether I am in the car connected to bluetooth, or away from the car and not connected to any bluetooth

The symptoms are when it used to say things like "Turn to the right, and XYZ Street", all I hear is "XYZ" and nothing that should have been before or after it in a complete sentence/instruction.
energi22180

Postby regan-leah » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:44 pm

paulkok_my wrote:The "Thanks" time still showing incorrectly. IMO it should be 263 seconds instead of 263 minutes. Or better still, should show "4 minutes 23 seconds ago"

I'm having this same problem - been happening for a while.

Samsung S4, Android 4.3, Kansas, USA
regan-leah

Postby mikegalon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:35 am

For many versions now, I have experienced daily crashes of Waze. I have finally been able to understand the fail-point and can reproduce it 100% of the time.
If I touch the screen when Waze is displayed and it goes into the "freeze-map" mode (in other words, the map doesn't move while I am driving, but stays at the position that I have moved it to and the "cross-hairs" icon is displayed - not sure what the mode is called officially) and then shift to another app by means of a screen-touch gesture (for example, using the "GMD Gestures" app I apply a two-finger downward swipe to launch my music app) then Waze crashes a few seconds afterwards while Waze is running in the background.
The Waze crash is very specific when launching another app via a gesture-based app (e.g., GMD Gestures). Waze does not crash if it is in freeze-map mode and I press the Home button to go to the home page or when using a sidelauncher to launch another app.

What seems to me to be happening is that while Waze is displayed and then launching an app using a touch-screen gesture, Waze goes into "freeze-map" mode and then while on the move, Waze tries to update the map's location but the freeze-map mode interferes somehow and causes the error.

I would be happy if someone could confirm this. I am running stock JB 4.3 (crash also happened on 4.1.2) on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300).
mikegalon

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread - sound broken

Postby cjpaddler » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:10 pm

jlandwehr wrote:
soxfaninny wrote:Since upgrading to KitKat, the 'Play sound to phone speaker' option does not work properly. I use this so that I can be bluetooth connected to my car for phone, but still be able to hear the voice nav guidance through my phone speaker.

I have Waze 3.7.7.0 from Dec 11, 2013 which was running great on my Verizon Droid Maxx phone - until I got the KitKat4.4 upgrade pushed to me. Now the audio does not work / is missing words. Here is what I tried, with no success:
1. Clearing cache of app
2. Uninstalling app and re-installing
3. Uninstalling app and removing directory from memory by directly connecting phone, then re-installing
4. Trying different voices / Tom, Samantha, etc
5. Trying the "Play sound to phone speaker" checked and unchecked
6. Sounds on -> Alerts only -> Sounds off -> Sounds on
7. Changing the volume in app, of the phone, etc.
8. It's the same behavior whether I am in the car connected to bluetooth, or away from the car and not connected to any bluetooth

The symptoms are when it used to say things like "Turn to the right, and XYZ Street", all I hear is "XYZ" and nothing that should have been before or after it in a complete sentence/instruction.

I suggest trying to uncheck "Play sound to phone speaker" again. This is what worked for me. I'm also on Verizon Droid Maxx (XT1080M) with KitKat4.4.
cjpaddler

Postby fred-porto » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:16 pm

At the beginning of this page I reported a problem of slowness/freezing with waze while routing.
Well, after reading the problems with hangout reported by others, I decided to disabled the option that made it as default SMS program.
Now waze is more responsive and has no problem of rotation.
But, the speedometer needs to be smarter, I mean, waze needs to be more responsive to realize when I am increasing or decreasing speed, because if it thinks I am driving at XX speed while I am at YY speed, the calculation of the time to the next corner or change of route will be passed.
(sorry for my english, I speak portuguese).
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App