You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Long Term Road Construction

Post by Jethro-T
I came across an issue in my home town. There is a long time construcition with a fixed (signed) deviation. It is currently unknown for how long this costruction will take place, but we are talking about weeks, not days and also not years.

I don´t want to change the routing hard in the system and also a temp. blockage doesn´t help since it vanishes after a short while. Even if I chose several days, it is gone the next day :cry: .

I would like to have a feature for this. Similar to the speed cam, it should change the entries to that site and inform the user when the routing usually goes through the closed street and ask if the construction is still there. If not, it can create a request in the map to delete the construction site.
Jethro-T
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16868546

Send a message

Post by Jethro-T
HI,

If one user reports a road closure - it will only affect that user's view of the map. In order to affect all users, a number of users need to report the same closure.

The number of reports needed to close the roads for all the users varies based on the road's weight, the user's rank and the country.

The road will be opened when a number of users drive through the road.

and this is the issue in a small town with not too many users around.

So the only way is to edit the map and make it a one way street and change it back after the road work is finished.
Jethro-T
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
Road closures from within the app needs input / confirmation of the closure by multiple Wazers to work effectively.
If you are an editor, or want to fix it yourself, there are other options available in WME that should be more 'permanent'.
Have a look at the wiki page on road closures at https://www.waze.com/wiki/How_to_handle_road_closures.
You can either disconnect the segments or set up scheduled restrictions for a specific date range of you have info on the exact closure duration. The restrictions is the current favoured option.

If you prefer not to edit, you can get in contact with one of the area managers or country managers. You might want to add your location in your profile so other forum users can see where you are from to check if they are in your vicinity or able to assist, or indicate which local guidelines to use.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing