Newer Map Editors

Post by ajpleblanc
Hi everyone.

I'm fairly new myself, but after a couple of mis-steps, I feel like I'm making (or at least trying) a positive contribution. I know this has come up countless times before, but I'm wondering if there are any recommended approaches for editors who seem to be running amok...

There is a user who seems to have come in just after the new year, is already at level 2, and is adding a ton of parking lot roads, without adding correct turn restrictions (they are all set to no turns), also adding a lot of landmarks (outside the bounds of the "best practices" documents I've read), finally, adding a lot of non-driving roads (miles and miles of walking trails). I tried sending a forum message, encouraging this user to read the best practices, and engage with the forum community for guidance. I have received no reply. This user also has 0 posts on the forums.

My guess is that time will solve the problem. The user will get their crown (or whatever they are trying to get) or get bored, or whatever. I just wonder if anyone else has used any other approach.
ajpleblanc

POSTER_ID:16836386

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Have you tried to PM them in the forum?

There isn't a Regional Coordinator for New England right now... Please PM info (username, permalinks, etc) to me (link at the right -->) and also add "harling" to the message. We can look into it...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by nhanway
Contact your regional coordinator, a Waze champ, or your local Waze champ. They have ways of getting ahold of them.
viewtopic.php?f=645&t=46196
nhanway
Send a message