[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.25 May 2018

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.23 Jul 2017

Postby Glodenox » Wed May 02, 2018 10:08 am

Hey, please be aware your script still seems to rely on the Waze object, which will be removed in one of the upcoming beta releases. You can test this yourself in the beta environment as the proxy object implemented by Waze (to make window.Waze point to window.W) also logs an error in the web console now.
Glodenox
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.25 May 2018

Postby jm6087 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:44 am

kentsmith9 wrote:
lg1992 wrote:I met several problems with the version 2.25.

On the beta WME the add-on doesn't appear at all. Details of the extension show that it has permissions to read and change data on editor-beta.waze.com and http://www.waze.com. But the URL of WME beta is beta.waze.com!

I just came here searching for this same issue on Beta. Works fine in released WME.

I think that
Code: Select all
// @include     /^https:\/\/(www|beta)\.waze\.com\/(?!user\/)(.{2,6}\/)?editor\/?.*$/
is what is generally being used now.
jm6087
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:12 am

On the beta WME the add-on doesn't appear at all. Details of the extension show that it has permissions to read and change data on editor-beta.waze.com and http://www.waze.com. But the URL of WME beta is beta.waze.com!

I just came here searching for this same issue on Beta. Works fine in released WME.
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby lg1992 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:23 pm

I met several problems with the version 2.25.

On the beta WME the add-on doesn't appear at all. Details of the extension show that it has permissions to read and change data on editor-beta.waze.com and www.waze.com. But the URL of WME beta is beta.waze.com!

On the regular WME, when I select a city in the "Filter by city" combo box, the check box is indeed selected by itself, but only segments belonging to the chosen city are marked yellow. Places aren't marked. I have to unselect and select again the check box to see also the places marked yellow. Then, if I select another city in the combo box, new segments become yellow, but the places belonging the first place still remain yellow.
Leonid, Country Manager, Israel
lg1992
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Timbones » Sun May 06, 2018 9:39 pm

Glodenox wrote:Hey, please be aware your script still seems to rely on the Waze object...

Thanks for the reminder. I've just pushed an update for WME Colour Highlights for this.

v2.25, available now from Greasyfork and Chome Web Store:
  • Localised road types!
  • Added Narrow Streets (or whatever it's called in your language)
  • Auto-enable checkbox when selecting from drop-down

Enjoy! :ugeek:
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Thu May 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Thanks for this - I've fixed both these issues in version 2.26 (plus some other improvements).
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts