[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.7 APR 2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: AW: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.7.4 Nov

Postby Atuuu » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:40 pm

AlexN-114 wrote:With the Highlighter City you can filter roads by country. ;-)
You can find it at userscripts.org.
Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Unfortunatelly Your modification of this script doesn't worked for me.
ImageImageImage
CM: Latvia; beta editor; Android beta tester.
LV community: Operācija "Meži" - saraujam!
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green!
Atuuu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.7.4 Nov 2013

Postby top_gun_de » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:09 pm

You need to install Tampermonkey, then the Highlighter City. It is not fully packaged like the standard highlighter and the current Chrome executes it only through Tampermonkey - which is a minor nuisance for me.

Best regards,

Detlev

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk
AM Region Hannover, CM Deutschland (Germany), Coordinator Germany, Global Champ

Wiki Deutschland | Straßen und Orte benennen D | Karte bearbeiten | Editorbedienung
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby no1ne » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:55 am

if you are already using Toolbox, use the list tool to sort segments by country
no1ne
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby elle-emme » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:06 am

With regards to the AM-only advanced options - specifically, the filter by editor option...is it possible to have that option available to everyone to review only their own work? I, like I'm sure most editors, made stupid overenthusiastic n00b mistakes that I'd like to clean up, and having the ability to highlight all my work would certainly make that faster.

Just a thought.
-Elle Emme
Area Manager, Portland (OR)/SW Washington Metro area
Now these points of data make a beautiful line/we're out of beta, we're releasing on time...
elle-emme

Postby foxitrot » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:28 am

I concur this request. Indeed useful and appropriate.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tonestertm » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:59 am

I wonder how feasible it would be to be able to highlight two different types of roads simultaneously? They could both be purple, for my usual needs (though different colors would be a bonus :) )

Thanks again for this indispensable script! (Just discovered I never actually clicked Thanks on the first post! :oops: )
US Local Champ, US Country Manager
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby qwaletee » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:13 pm

Three questions:

1) Can I get some details on "Turn Warnings for Selected Nodes*"? I'd like an explanation of how it works, why it has an asterisk, and how it compares to the similar functionality of the Toolbox.

2) Why is there an asterisk on the Unterminated Roads option?

3) Could we get an option to have "no name highlighting" only apply to specific road types? It is typical for parking lot roads, private roads, and often ramps and service roads to not have a name, and the highlighting only makes it busy. Usually, I want it for regular roads -- streets, primary streets, minor highways, major highways, and freeways. Sometimes ramps and service roads.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby sketch » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 pm

qwaletee wrote:3) Could we get an option to have "no name highlighting" only apply to specific road types? It is typical for parking lot roads, private roads, and often ramps and service roads to not have a name, and the highlighting only makes it busy. Usually, I want it for regular roads -- streets, primary streets, minor highways, major highways, and freeways. Sometimes ramps and service roads.

Private roads do often have names, though.

I do think it'd be a good idea to exclude the "no name" highlight from parking lot roads, and perhaps also to include a highlight for named parking lot roads.

The ramp highlight is useful for determining whether some ramp segments are perhaps unnecessarily named. I could see it being desirable to be able to turn the no-name highlight off for ramp segments temporarily, but having it off for ramps and on for at-grade connectors (not something you can program around) seems like it'd be an inconsistent experience.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby orbitc » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:18 pm

sketch wrote:
qwaletee wrote:3) Could we get an option to have "no name highlighting" only apply to specific road types? It is typical for parking lot roads, private roads, and often ramps and service roads to not have a name, and the highlighting only makes it busy. Usually, I want it for regular roads -- streets, primary streets, minor highways, major highways, and freeways. Sometimes ramps and service roads.

Private roads do often have names, though.

I do think it'd be a good idea to exclude the "no name" highlight from parking lot roads, and perhaps also to include a highlight for named parking lot roads.

The ramp highlight is useful for determining whether some ramp segments are perhaps unnecessarily named. I could see it being desirable to be able to turn the no-name highlight off for ramp segments temporarily, but having it off for ramps and on for at-grade connectors (not something you can program around) seems like it'd be an inconsistent experience.

Cannot we achieve that using toolbox's sort option?
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester
• iOS ßeta: Always the latest version
• WME ßeta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby sketch » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:42 pm

orbitc wrote:
sketch wrote:I do think it'd be a good idea to exclude the "no name" highlight from parking lot roads, and perhaps also to include a highlight for named parking lot roads.

Cannot we achieve that using toolbox's sort option?

Which do you mean? Removing names from parking lot roads is easy to achieve with Toolbox, yes, so the separate highlight for named parking lot roads isn't necessary. With ramps, it's specific ramps that do and don't need names, so you need the visual.

The benefit of not highlighting parking lot roads is removing clutter, which doesn't affect and isn't affected by Toolbox.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts