iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby sketch » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:05 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
kukimonsta wrote:However, adding a stop on a route is not very obvious with this new version.

The changes were based on requests from users going back over a year. The new method is more simplified and cleaner. This modified process also allowed them to bring back the ability to tap-hold a spot on the map and select it as a stop point. Up to now, this was impossible. This is also something users have been asking for for a long time.

It also makes sense logically—if there is no "add stop" button, and you realize "Oh, I need to go to the bank first," you navigate to the bank. Now you (1) don't have to make the decision whether to separate the routes until after you already chose where else to go, and (2) don't have to bring up the menu at all—you can just use the left-button "swipe to navigate" feature. It's more intuitive for those who might never bring up the menu or look past the first "navigate" button, and you only need to do it once to know it's there. I've seen consistent behavior on other GPS systems, and it's always a lot easier this way than it is with some kind of "route planning" feature—which is only really useful if you can have and optimize multiple mid-route stops anyway.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • usa country manager • new orleans
2017 chevrolet ss sedan 6mt • slipstream blue metallic
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ShaneYYZ » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Still not fixed. I have the app running on iOS 7.0.4 now, and while driving the app will give me directions but won't alert me when a red light camera, police or accident is reported ahead. It only works fully if the app is shown on screen, but if it's in the background only directions are given. This happened on iOS 6 as well for me. This has been like this for months now, and I'm not using waze again until a fix is out.

And yes, I have App Background Refresh on, and waze is turned on for it :)
iPhone 6s - iOS 9.3.1 | Always latest Waze version
ShaneYYZ
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SeventhGear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:50 pm

I solved the invisible ETA-problem by killing the app and starting a new instance of waze.
SeventhGear

Postby SeventhGear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:05 pm

I use Waze 3.7.7.0 on IOS7 and currently the ETA-info for the current route is always *BEHIND* the banner telling how many wazers are around me. It's very annoying since the only way to see the ETA is to look into the alternative routes.

Is it just me or a bug in this version? I've recently flashed my iPhone4 to IOS7 but I'm quite sure waze was working correctly after re-flashing the phone.

Thanks for a pleasant app I am using since 1.5 year.
SeventhGear

Postby scott_h » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:31 pm

3.7.7 crashes after IOS 7.0.6 upgrade. Tried reloading, no help. Crashes on both my iPhone and iPad. Kind of amazed that there were no other reports of this yet.

[FYI - 3.7.8 fixes the IOS 7.0.6 crash]
Last edited by scott_h on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scott_h

Postby RedStarMan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:06 pm

With this version, i noticed that in portrait orientation a banner is constantly displayed over the label that shows my current speed. The stats for the number of wazers and reports displayed in that label do not agree with those displayed in the banner that pops up at the bottom of the screen when Waze is first started. This banner goes away in landscape orientation. See snapshot.

IMG_0789.PNG
Waze snapshot
IMG_0789.PNG (124.71 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
RedStarMan

Postby omba_de » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:32 am

vickimachado wrote:So, Puerto Rico's not on the NA server?

No. It's only US and canada.
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby omba_de » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Did it happen only once? Or only today? (Cause that's happening from time to time. Also the "uh oh... Baby wazer..." Message)
If so, lean back and relax. Should be ok tomorrow or so. If not: please give more details.
Phone, which iOS and waze version.
Thx
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!

AT-Wiki
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby omba_de » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Lant1 wrote:Still problem with gas prices: "Ops, the price you entered doesn't seem to be correct". Is it because Waze only thinks US dollars?

Where are you located?
USD is vali inside the US...
But your local currency should be available for the gas price feature.
Is the price you're trying to enter much highjer than the last entered?

AT-Wiki
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby omba_de » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:27 am

smithtanya20 wrote:This update sucks! Since the update the maps are off to include my normal routes Home & Work. For the FIRST TIME EVER Waze sent me in the wrong direction & got me lost. Please figure out whats up with the maps & routing because it's all wrong!!!!

Can't confirm!!
Please describe more detailed what's all wrong?!

AT-Wiki
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App