iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby stephenstrath » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:13 pm

So with every post I have made about the Appradio issues, not once has anyone from Waze or a Waze "Champ" acknowledged that this issue has been recorded and someone is working on it. Obviously Waze doesn't give a fuck about its users and like iv'e ended all my messages with, my reports fall on deaf ears. Whether I post here or I send my logs, I here no reply, I have never seen a company undervalue its users so much. Waze has the potential to be a great app, too bad the support and lack of communication or acknowledgement of its problems ruins that completely. Honestly at my wits ends with Waze. You guys are doing a great job at running this app into the ground
stephenstrath

Postby unlimitedsounds » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Yea.. the program went from great to almost unuseable.
unlimitedsounds

Postby Namssob » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:50 pm

I'm a brand new user, downloaded Monday. Tuesday morning had 783 pts.

It's now Thursday, and I *still* have 783 pts. Since Tuesday, I've driven 500+ miles, reported DOZENS of incidents, and have accumulated a few of the achievements. What is going on with the points, and why are points not instantly accumulated?

Also, is there no way to change the name of a favorite?! I switched to WAZE after getting frustrated with MotionX GPS after all my favorites were deleted/lost, I am hoping not to run into ridiculous bugs with WAZE.
Namssob

Postby davielde » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Namssob wrote:It's now Thursday, and I *still* have 783 pts. Since Tuesday, I've driven 500+ miles, reported DOZENS of incidents, and have accumulated a few of the achievements. What is going on with the points, and why are points not instantly accumulated?

In general, Waze is pretty good about refreshing points once per day. On occasion, however, you may need to wait an extra day or so. It is server-related and has nothing to do with your app. Your drives and everything else that you have reported are being stored, and your points will eventually refresh. From my experience, I think the longest I've had to wait was four days at the end of November, but I just joined in September. In any case, it looks like it just updated on the Dashboard about three hours ago. It should reflect in the app within a few hours as well.

Namssob wrote:Also, is there no way to change the name of a favorite?!

As far as I know, you can only name a favorite when you add it. You would need to search again under Navigate and re-add the destination as a favorite with the new name.
Last edited by davielde on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan
davielde
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby sketch » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:16 pm

davielde wrote:
Namssob wrote:Also, is there no way to change the name of a favorite?!

As far as I know, you can only name a favorite when you add it. You would need to search again under Navigate and re-add the destination as a favorite with the new name.

To skip a step, you can go to the favorite, view it on the map, and add a new favorite in the same location.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:05 pm

stephenstrath wrote:So with every post I have made about the Appradio issues, not once has anyone from Waze or a Waze "Champ" acknowledged that this issue has been recorded and someone is working on it.

unlimitedsounds wrote:Yea.. the program went from great to almost unuseable.

I wish I had any information, but I don't. There is at least one champ who uses appradio and has commented on posts and threads before. Unfortunately, appradio users are pretty rare and so the amount of development time spent on it is likely pretty small. You can still use Waze without appradio and that is how the vast majority of users interact with Waze. Similar with Blackberry and other old phone OSes having support dropped, Waze has to focus their efforts on those features which affect the majority of their userbase.

(At least, if I were in the business, that's how I would focus my time and money.)
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.2.1 | Waze v4.2b
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mikegalon » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:56 pm

For many versions now, I have experienced daily crashes of Waze. I have finally been able to understand the failpoint and can reproduce it 100% of the time.
If I touch the screen when Waze is displayed and it goes into the "freeze-map" mode (in other words, the map doesn't move while I am driving, but stays at the position that I have moved it to and the "cross-hairs" icon is displayed - not sure what the mode is called officially) and then shift to another app by means of a screen-touch gesture (for example, using the "GMD Gestures" app I apply a two-finger downward swipe to launch my music app) then Waze crashes a few seconds afterwards while Waze is running in the background.
The Waze crash is very specific when launching another app via a gesture-based app (e.g., GMD Gestures). Waze does not crash if it is in freeze-map mode and I press the Home button to go to the home page or when using a sidelauncher to launch another app.

What seems to me to be happening is that when launching an app while Waze is displayed using a touch-screen gesture, Waze goes into "freeze-map" mode and while driving, Waze wants to update the map's location but the freeze-map mode interferes somehow and causes the fail.

I would be happy if someone could confirm this. I am running stock JB 4.3 (crash also happened on 4.1.2) on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300).

Thanks. :D
mikegalon

Postby davielde » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:37 am

mikegalon wrote:I would be happy if someone could confirm this. I am running stock JB 4.3 (crash also happened on 4.1.2) on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300).

You may get better response from the Android and not iOS thread:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73242

What's GMD Gestures? Is that an app for copying features native to iOS? ;)
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan
davielde
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby mikegalon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:30 am

davielde wrote:
mikegalon wrote:I would be happy if someone could confirm this. I am running stock JB 4.3 (crash also happened on 4.1.2) on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300).

You may get better response from the Android and not iOS thread:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73242

What's GMD Gestures? Is that an app for copying features native to iOS? ;)

My bad. Thanks for the pointer.

PS. You wish. ;)
mikegalon

Postby stephenstrath » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:49 pm

I wish I had any information, but I don't. There is at least one champ who uses appradio and has commented on posts and threads before. Unfortunately, appradio users are pretty rare and so the amount of development time spent on it is likely pretty small. You can still use Waze without appradio and that is how the vast majority of users interact with Waze. Similar with Blackberry and other old phone OSes having support dropped, Waze has to focus their efforts on those features which affect the majority of their userbase.

Well thank you for at least replying. I was beginning to think my posts were invisible. A large part of my extreme frustration was not receiving acknowledgment of my posts/reports to the development team. I do understand that Appradio users comprise a small group of users. Although when I could be using the 7" screen to display Waze, compared to the 3" on the phone, I most defiantly am frustrated when it doesn't work (especially since Waze currently advertises compatibility with external displays). This may be more of Pioneers issue, but when you visit their Appradio website or watch one of their commercials, you are bombarded with images and video with Waze running on the unit, a bit of false advertisement when it doesn't properly run. The issue of not being to scroll I understand has been noted and there is a fix being worked on. But what bothers me more is the map not filling the screen.(skinny black bar present at the top of the appradio) This should be an easy enough fix because it relates to the iphones status bar at the top of the phone. When Waze is displayed on the phone the map dimensions are calculated according to allow the status bar with the time, battery and cellular reception to display. When the image is mirrored to the Appradio the status bar is not present and therefore just a black dead space is displayed above the map. I hope the developers could perhaps have a few lines of code that tells the image to display that extra few dimensions when "control waze from car unit" is checked under settings. And again its not the fact that these bugs exist, I understand bugs happen, I just wish there were a list of all known issues/bugs somewhere, then I at least would know someone was attempting to squash them. I will again include a image of where the status bar is omitted and the black dead space is on the Appradio. I hope this information makes it to the developers.

Thanks for at least replying.
Attachments
photo.PNG
photo.PNG (103.28 KiB) Viewed 500 times
stephenstrath

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App