You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

turn restriction icons

Post by dbraughlr
Presently, there is a distinctive icon for U-turns. All other turn indicators (straight, keep left, turn left, turn sharp left, etc) use the same icon.

:idea:
I propose that:
(1) the current straight arrow shaft be used only for "straight" junction angles for which no instruction is generated.
(2) a straight arrow shaft ending with a little tail feather be used for straight/continue junction angles for which an instruction is generated.
(3) a wiggle to the left/right in the arrow shaft be used for keep left/right junction angles.
(4) a ell to the left/right be used for turn left/right junction angles.
(5) a hook to the left/right be used for sharp left/right junction angles.
(6) the U-turn icons continue to be used for U-turn indications as it is now.

This means making 36 new icons and expanding the logic in WME to determine which icon to use based on the junction angles and road name continuity. I think that the meaning of the icons will be fairly intuitive and will spare editors from having to figure out what the angle is to determine what turn instruction is given.
dbraughlr

POSTER_ID:16783633

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
They might do something like this in the interim, but Waze has generally accepted the Champs request for a whole new type of objected called the Junction Box which would accept road connections in, and we define each of the turns/actions through the junction box, and also allows control over instructions given in the app.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
MGODLEW wrote:It would also be nice to see which roads have turn restrictions and which don't without selecting a segment to know if an intersection needs attention to fix allowed/unallowed turns just by passing over it.
Shift+z is the current "best" which still requires you select segments to figure out which one is the segment for which the red arrow shows.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dbraughlr
Enhanced iconography is useful with a junction box too. Even Shift-Z would be improved; it would be easier to spot any junction that restricted a turn other than a left or sharp left.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
It would also be nice to see which roads have turn restrictions and which don't without selecting a segment to know if an intersection needs attention to fix allowed/unallowed turns just by passing over it.
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by MGODLEW
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Shift+z is the current "best" which still requires you select segments to figure out which one is the segment for which the red arrow shows.
Any plans for something different in the future? If not, I have a proposed idea that can post in the WME requests forum
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“