Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Improve update informations on segments and nodes

Post by gizmouf
I don't know if the title is self-explanatory enough, what I'm tring to propose is:
- getting update infos from nodes (which are nonexistent at this time)
- getting more detailed infos from segments

For the nodes, it would be nice to have the same type of info we have for the segments, like "Updated: Date by Editor". I'd be useful to track down who did what and more importantly to help resolve Update Requests.
If someone fixes an error (for instance by changing an allowed turn to denied) without closing the UR, since that modification won't appear in the editor, you can start looking for an error and never find it :x .

About the segments, instead of just having "Updated: Date by Editor" we could have:
"Last Update (Geometry Change): Date1 by Editor1"
"Update -1 (Direction Change from 2-way to A->B): Date2 by Editor2"
"Update -2 (Street Name Added): Date3 by Editor3"

The benefits would be the same as for the nodes. Plus, I tend to hesitate doing modifications when someone else recently did his own modifications, especially when it's a higher lvl editor :? . So having more informations would help me here.
I'm pretty sure those infos are already stored somewhere in Waze's databases, so it should not be that hard to retrieve. And to save some hassle on the Waze's servers, the default view could remain the same as it is today we could just have to check a box to display those more detailed informations.
gizmouf
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

POSTER_ID:16665846

Send a message

Post by gizmouf
Not much success for this idea apparently :(
gizmouf
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gizmouf
I heard about these two features and they should be nice improvements to WME.

The thing is, we are not going to comment about all our modifications (that's not the point of the "notes" feature anyway) so it's not going to help with what I'm proposing :)
gizmouf
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
From my understanding, there is a planned "notes" field for editors where they can leave note for other editors to see. Also, I believe there is plans for URs to pulled back up even after they are marked closed or unidentified.
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“