Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby Froggypwns » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:20 am

gabrielgmm wrote:Error in Windows Phone

Good Night,
The following issues exist when using the version of Waze for Windows Phone

1 - When searching for gas stations on the route, does not appear as the price of Android, this hinders the use of this functionality

2 - When doing any action, or recalculate the route in 3D mode, the mode of loading is forever and not go out, you need to return, saying he does not want to close the program to modal out

3 - When sending the route to a friend, there is only 2 options, sms or email, it is not possible to send the route to other applications like for example Whats app

1- I'm going to have to try and play around with it, I don't use the gas feature much, so I haven't noticed that.

2 - That is normal, it is a known issue, but is not likely to be fixed anytime soon. At least it can be cleared out by pressing the back button.

3 - Right, they didn't get that far in development. A copy to clipboard function would have been nice so you put link it anywhere.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Froggypwns » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:14 pm

gabrielgmm wrote:
Froggypwns wrote:

Good Night,

1 - When searching for gas stations on the route, does not appear as the price of Android, this hinders the use of this functionality

2 - When doing any action, or recalculate the route in 3D mode, the mode of loading is forever and not go out, you need to return, saying he does not want to close the program to modal out

3 - When sending the route to a friend, there is only 2 options, sms or email, it is not possible to send the route to other applications like for example Whats app

1- I'm going to have to try and play around with it, I don't use the gas feature much, so I haven't noticed that.

2 - That is normal, it is a known issue, but is not likely to be fixed anytime soon. At least it can be cleared out by pressing the back button.

3 - Right, they didn't get that far in development. A copy to clipboard function would have been nice so you put link it anywhere.

2 - Hmm .. It is a known problem? Can I help solve? I am a developer .. I already identified that the problem does not happen when you remove all the optional view as traffic line, see other wazers, view radar, etc .. Must be something in any of these optional views ..

3 - I really like Windows Phone, I believe he should have the same facilities as the Android ..

Thank U

Nothing you can do. The Waze team is no longer developing the Windows version, so what you see is what you get.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Froggypwns » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:55 am

janb1981 wrote:
RemyServices wrote: There are other, similar, products on WP and they now have my business.

Enlighten me please :). If there's a good alternative for waze on WP i'd be glad to give it a try.

If your WinPho is a Nokia, the HERE Maps app is fantastic. It doesn't have all the social stuff like police reporting, but in terms of navigation/GPS it is great.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Froggypwns » Wed May 06, 2015 10:26 pm

gamernorbi wrote:
hailstorm wrote:Microsoft has announced the ability to port iOS and Android apps across to Windows Phone:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/85114 ... ps-bridges

Native app not ported to Android....Google doesnt give a s.... about Windows Phone users.

Yea it doesn't matter that the Android/iOS versions can be easily ported, if Google doesn't want too then they won't do it.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Froggypwns » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:07 pm

caamaral wrote:Voice don't work. What happened?

The short version is that Waze retired the old voices to save money (they were paying royalties), and switched to a voice that Google owns, but in the process obviously never tested to see it worked with Windows Phone, and of course it doesn't.

Presently your options are to use Waze without any voice, or switch to something that actually works like Here Maps.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Froggypwns » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:31 pm

nzahn1 wrote:Clearly the solution is that you all get real phones, that do actual things.

{/Troll}

My favorite features of Android are terrible battery life, sluggishness, and constant lockups and rebooting :)
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby gabrielgmm » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:46 pm

Error in Windows Phone

Good Night,

gabrielgmm

Postby gabrielgmm » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:01 am

Froggypwns wrote:

Good Night,

2 - Hmm .. It is a known problem? Can I help solve? I am a developer .. I already identified that the problem does not happen when you remove all the optional view as traffic line, see other wazers, view radar, etc .. Must be something in any of these optional views ..

3 - I really like Windows Phone, I believe he should have the same facilities as the Android ..

Thank U
gabrielgmm

Postby gamernorbi » Sun May 03, 2015 12:26 pm

hailstorm wrote:Microsoft has announced the ability to port iOS and Android apps across to Windows Phone:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/85114 ... ps-bridges

Native app not ported to Android....Google doesnt give a s.... about Windows Phone users.
AM:Jud.Mures,Bistrita,Cluj

gamernorbi
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby gerben » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:45 pm

rallyrabbit wrote:Thanks for bringing the App to WP8, so far it is stable.

One issue, Nokia 820 hardware running OS 8.0.10328.78. Waze App (latest on the Marketplace) 3.7.3.208.

1) When a route is started, it calculates the route well. When the go button is pressed there is no "Let's get started, Drive Safe" message like on Android or IOS. Though this may be normal.

2) When a route/navigation is active, the navigation button still says navigation. There is no way to cancel an currently navigated routed unless you choose a new route or you close the app entirely and re-open it.

1: no idea...
2: you can cancel navigation by pressing the navigation bar at the bottom.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App