Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby SqrtOfNegOne » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Have to agree with the other user that Waze destroys battery life much worse than CoPilot.

I truly like Waze for what it can do. Right now, I use Waze for the short trips and CoPilot for everything else.

Perhaps, Waze should consider an offline mode for the map data. That could help immensely.

(Nokia Lumia 920 - GDR2 - Amber)
SqrtOfNegOne

Postby Gytrr1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:58 pm

On my lumia 1020, now with GDR3/Lumia Black, the battery isn't draining when in my Carcomm cradle. It still gets warm, but I have a AC vent angled to blow directly onto the cradle which keeps it cool. This is when using bluetooth to stream music at the same time. I also force the app to run in night mode, as the darker mode seems to chew less battery (which would make sense). Hopefully this helps some of you?
Gytrr1

Postby moinsundemi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Dear Waze,

Please solve this battery draining issue, I can only use waze for short trips with my Lumia 920.
moinsundemi

Postby Varjohaltia » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:02 am

Aside from the issues mentioned so far:
The audio volume, when using Bluetooth on my Lumia 521, is rather high. The volume control slider does nothing -- I can adjust it, but it doesn't actually effect the audio volume.
When I launch Waze prior to the phone pairing to the car's Bluetooth, Waze does not switch audio to Bluetooth once the phone is paired, but continues to use the phone speaker instead. The audio volume control here is also ineffective.
Last edited by Varjohaltia on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varjohaltia

Postby gerben » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:37 pm

I haven't been able to test much, but it seems my charger can keep up with the drain since I upgraded to Lumia Black last week...
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben

Postby Skiffie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 am

Some feedback re: battery drain, no problems with holding or even getting positive charge on my Lumia 520 (WP8 Amber), though it is degraded if it gets hot. Unfortunately the vent on the Hyundai i30 doesn't point up too well ;)

Would love to be able to join groups, hook in to Facebook etc.
Skiffie

Postby mappao » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:35 am

Hi,
there's an annoying bug that I hope will be fixed asap. If you start a route under roaming connection, when the phone gets back on the network Waze crashes. This only happens when you are on a route, not while navigating without a planned route.

Ciao.
mappao

Postby stelling28 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:03 am

From my last 3 drives the last part of the drive is missing in the editor. Before those drives I did not have this issue. Is this a know issue? I use a Lumia 620 with GDR2 update.
Huawei P8 Lite | Android 6 | Wazer since November 2013 | RM: Noord-Holland, The Netherlands | AM: Texel, Mijdrecht, Vinkeveen, Wilnis en Waverveen
ImageImage
Useful Waze-links: Verbeter_je_vaardigheden, Benelux Quick Start Guide, Slack invite.
stelling28
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Froggypwns » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:06 pm

I fixed the battery draining issue for my HTC 8X by getting an Anker charger. Cheap chargers claim they will put out 2+ amps, but in reality this is only if you have an iPad connected, due to the setup of the port anything else will charge at a lower rate like .5 amp. The Anker charger has two different ports on it, the port labeled "Android" will charge up my HTC 8X and my Windows tablet faster than even the wall AC adapters will. I can use Waze all day and it will still charge it up to 100% full even if it wasn't.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D82O68Y/
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Tiziano0506 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Froggypwns wrote:I fixed the battery draining issue for my HTC 8X by getting an Anker charger. Cheap chargers claim they will put out 2+ amps, but in reality this is only if you have an iPad connected, due to the setup of the port anything else will charge at a lower rate like .5 amp. The Anker charger has two different ports on it, the port labeled "Android" will charge up my HTC 8X and my Windows tablet faster than even the wall AC adapters will. I can use Waze all day and it will still charge it up to 100% full even if it wasn't.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D82O68Y/

me too, lumia820 and 2,1Amp battery charger. Fixed drain battery !
Tiziano0506
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App