Voice Commands reference

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Voice Commands reference

Postby majorben » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Thank you for your no help AlanofTheBerg. I did search the forums for hours and did not find anything on the topic. I was not intending to highjack this thread. I simply asked a question about a Voice Command that I thought that this topic - Voice Command Reference - was appropriate. Sorry for disturbing you. You could have at least posted a link to one of the "dozens and dozens of times" my question was asked.
majorben

Postby slandrum » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:40 pm

There may not have been discussion of specifically the voice commands to shut down the app being removed, but there is a lot of discussion about the general removal of any way within the iPhone app to shut it down. This is not a voice commands issue, but a more general one.
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 Image
slandrum

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:23 pm

majorben wrote:Thank you for your no help AlanofTheBerg. I did search the forums for hours and did not find anything on the topic. I was not intending to highjack this thread. I simply asked a question about a Voice Command that I thought that this topic - Voice Command Reference - was appropriate. Sorry for disturbing you. You could have at least posted a link to one of the "dozens and dozens of times" my question was asked.

My apologies. I did speed-read your post and jumped to a response before fully understanding. :oops: The subject about iOS not shutting down aka complaints about the sleep and not quitting to the springboard is what has been overly-discussed, with users complaining that it is Google's fault. In fact, nothing to do with the shutdown or voice commands has anything to do with Google. Google has, and will continue to have, extremely little to do with anything Waze does until the end of the 3-year agreement.

It is possible that the shut down command has been removed/changed. I will do a little research.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:36 pm

I do not see these commands as valid in the current iOS 3.7.7 release:
  • Exit/turn off Waze
    • Shut down
    • Turn off
    • Stop waze
    • Switch off
    • Close app

Thanks for heads-up, @majorben. Again, I'm sorry for jumping on you prematurely.

Submitted: https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6186
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Is there a command for "sleep"?

I would agree that most of those should be added back, except "close app", as it's misleading and inaccurate. The rest could be interpreted to mean "sleep".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:35 pm

sketch wrote:Is there a command for "sleep"?

There is nothing that I see which can be used to sleep/shut down the app.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby majorben » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:42 pm

No problem AlanofTheBerg. No offense taken. In a way, I'm glad that what I was experiencing was something that was taken away, and it wasn't something that was wrong with my phone. And yes, I do have an iPhone (4s). Thank you for posting the "bug" report. Hopefully, the powers that be will fix it.
majorben

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:08 am

I created a Bugzilla to sync the voice commands and manually entered reports so they match both ways. Many report options are not available manually and I noted RAIN was not available in the voice commands. For those with voting rights, please do so.

https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6294
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:19 am

I updated the Wiki page on Voice Commands to reflect Alan's list in the OP. I believe the current app has a few other options for triggering voice commands that are not updated on the page I updated for the tables if someone wanted to update that part.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mr5picker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:36 am

Voice commands have completely stopped responding for me. Haven't seen anyone else mention these symptoms yet.
I'm running Waze version 3.7.7 but this problem started at least 4 months ago with the previous version. Basically, once I bring up voice command mode (3 finger tap or wave), I get the "how can I help" request but it fails to respond in any way to any voice input. In the past, voice command mode would close after a few failed attempts. Now, it just sits there - for hours if I let it. It doesn't tell me that it doesn't understand, it just waits. I've tried with the iphone mic and 2 different BT sets.
I've got a Verizon iphone 4 running iOS 7.0.3. Have completely uninstalled and reinstalled.
Had no problem with the earlier version on the same phone. TIA

Edit: just realized this is probably not the best thread to post this question to. Sorry.
mr5picker

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App