Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bart99gt
Referencing this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=112938

Is there any way Validator could check for a segment that is in the opposite direction of the ones surrounding it, perhaps limited to minor highways and above? Bugs like the one in the thread above have very significant routing implications and given the lack of user feedback, tracking these down is tedious and difficult to say the least.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by bart99gt
Taco909 wrote:
bart99gt wrote:Referencing this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=112938

Is there any way Validator could check for a segment that is in the opposite direction of the ones surrounding it, perhaps limited to minor highways and above? Bugs like the one in the thread above have very significant routing implications and given the lack of user feedback, tracking these down is tedious and difficult to say the least.
That is a great idea, I wouldn't even want to see it limited to mH and above. It not that common for one-way roads to converge or separate outside of parking lots... but even then, this is something that should be looked at. It's not like the map would be covered with highlights.

Perhaps an option to ignore roads below "xxxxxx" so PLRs and private roads can be ignored manually.
My thought was that in an area that hasn't seen the light of an editor it may return a ton of errors on ordinary surface streets where the street directions are all out of whack. Since mH and above would be the most critical to routing, I thought that may be a good start, or at least as you mention, offer some kind of toggle to allow all street types to be considered if you wanted.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by bart99gt
berestovskyy wrote: If I understand that correctly, two one-way segments connected at a node and running in opposite directions should trigger "no inward/outward connectivity". Unfortunately, those checks are not working at the moment :(
Yes, that is what I was describing.

I assume this is something that the latest version of WME broke?
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by bcea777
dbcm wrote:valFix 1.0.3 is out
https//dbcm.github.com/waze/valfix/valfix.user.js
Link didn't work for me.
bcea777
Send a message
https://tomputtemans.com/images/WazeWMEbeta.png
Mexico Country Manager
Supervisor de Región Centronorte y Región Occidente

Post by bcea777
ehcool68 wrote:There is a typo -- should be a ":" after HTTPS..... HTTPS://
Oh, that's correct.
Thanks.
bcea777
Send a message
https://tomputtemans.com/images/WazeWMEbeta.png
Mexico Country Manager
Supervisor de Región Centronorte y Región Occidente

Post by bedo2991
Just a request, is it possible to make thinks blink slower (or not at all?). I think that I'll get an epilepsy attack one of those days...
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
SuperDave1426 wrote: Does that not work (for the turning off part)?
It depends on how good is the map you're currently editing. In Italy we have some places that are still untouched since the basemap.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
SuperDave1426 wrote:Or were you looking for a way to have it highlight segments and leave the color on rather than blinking a few times and then going away? If that's the case, then sorry I misunderstood!
I don't want them not to blink, I'd like to have them to blink slower or just be highlighted (maybe as an option).
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
fernandoanguita wrote: Percentage is being calculated with a big error (Reported percentage is 10 times bigger than real)
Look more carefully to the "percentage" sign in your report: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Por_mil
8:635 = x:1000
x = 8 * 1000 / 635 = 12.60
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Suggestion: do not warn for "segment too short" on roundabouts' segments:
Example: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=10&la ... =244307615
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs