Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by scott_h
3.7.7 crashes after IOS 7.0.6 upgrade. Tried reloading, no help. Crashes on both my iPhone and iPad. Kind of amazed that there were no other reports of this yet.

[FYI - 3.7.8 fixes the IOS 7.0.6 crash]
scott_h
Send a message
Last edited by scott_h on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thanks
Scott

[url=https:///LfLESp]FAQ[/url]
[url=https:///dXmXmS]Editor Info[/url]
[url=https:///lN6cn1]Best Practices[/url]
[url=https:///jmKBWh]Places/Landmarks[/url]

[img]https:///HDy2rK[/img]

Post by SeventhGear
I use Waze 3.7.7.0 on IOS7 and currently the ETA-info for the current route is always *BEHIND* the banner telling how many wazers are around me. It's very annoying since the only way to see the ETA is to look into the alternative routes.

Is it just me or a bug in this version? I've recently flashed my iPhone4 to IOS7 but I'm quite sure waze was working correctly after re-flashing the phone.

Thanks for a pleasant app I am using since 1.5 year.
SeventhGear
Send a message

Post by SeventhGear
I solved the invisible ETA-problem by killing the app and starting a new instance of waze.
SeventhGear
Send a message

Post by sketch
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
kukimonsta wrote:However, adding a stop on a route is not very obvious with this new version.
The changes were based on requests from users going back over a year. The new method is more simplified and cleaner. This modified process also allowed them to bring back the ability to tap-hold a spot on the map and select it as a stop point. Up to now, this was impossible. This is also something users have been asking for for a long time.
It also makes sense logically—if there is no "add stop" button, and you realize "Oh, I need to go to the bank first," you navigate to the bank. Now you (1) don't have to make the decision whether to separate the routes until after you already chose where else to go, and (2) don't have to bring up the menu at all—you can just use the left-button "swipe to navigate" feature. It's more intuitive for those who might never bring up the menu or look past the first "navigate" button, and you only need to do it once to know it's there. I've seen consistent behavior on other GPS systems, and it's always a lot easier this way than it is with some kind of "route planning" feature—which is only really useful if you can have and optimize multiple mid-route stops anyway.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
RedStarMan wrote:With this version, i noticed that in portrait orientation a banner is constantly displayed over the label that shows my current speed. The stats for the number of wazers and reports displayed in that label do not agree with those displayed in the banner that pops up at the bottom of the screen when Waze is first started. This banner goes away in landscape orientation. See snapshot.
IMG_0789.PNG
I've had this happen to me once or twice over the last few versions—it's a weird glitch for sure, seems to happen when you start up in landscape and then switch to portrait, and only before the "Wazers nearby" box disappears. I haven't been able to reproduce it, though. There might be other circumstances which are necessary to trigger the glitch.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
bgarch wrote:I would like to report the following strange behaviour when displaying long routes. In preview mode app doesn't display the entire route(s) but zooms in to somewhere. This is very strange and uncomfortable. Please fix it.
Seconded. This is a problem.

As of a couple versions ago, the client won't zoom out past a certain point. It used to zoom out very far, to see most of the country. It didn't load the oceans or anything, but I could still see a long route. This is a step backward.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Various problems with adding new stops:

(1) Adding a stop from an Instant Search (Google) POI result
When adding a stop from an Instant Search result—any result that comes up with the bluish background before you press "Search"—the Add a Stop / New Drive dialog does not come up. It adds the stop without asking. Instant Search only started working for me the other day, so I only just noticed it.

To reproduce: Start a route to a destination. Open the Navigate menu. Start typing a search. Select one of the Instant results.

Desired result: Dialog asking you whether you wish to Add a Stop or start a New Drive.
Actual result: The Instant result is added as a stop (skipping the dialog).

(2) "Routes" button in the main menu does not remember your first stop
When you have a two-stop route programmed, the "Routes" button in the main menu forgets the stop. The routes given will all be to the final destination.

To reproduce: Start a route to a destination. Add a stop. Open the main menu. Select "Routes".

Desired result: Up to three alternative routes to the first stop and then to the final destination.
Actual result: Up to three alternative routes to the final destination.

Selecting any of the routes works as expected—you get the route to your final destination only.

(3) "Routes" button in the main menu, followed by "Back", only halfway remembers your first stop
If, instead of selecting one of those routes, you press the "Back" button in the upper left corner, you retain your original two-stop route, except the entire route is purple and there is no indication or notification when you reach the first step.

To reproduce: Follow the steps in (2). Then, press the "<" back arrow in the "Routes" dialog.

Desired result: Return to the main screen with your two-part pink-and-purple route.
Actual result: Returns to the main screen with your route, except it is all purple and there is no "first stop" flag or alert.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Categories have been removed. Not much need to limit you to a predefined list of categories, and I imagine that kind of thing is hard to coordinate when you are trying to pull results from several different engines.

If you're looking for coffee, search "coffee".
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Waze does not have its own POI database. We do have landmarks internally, but these are only for things of some significance or size that might be used for navigation—like schools and golf courses, say. ("Go down Market past the golf course, then turn left" is the idea.)

So, certain things might overlap between external POI providers and Waze landmarks, but things like coffee shops shouldn't be landmarked in Waze, so there should be no Waze results.

Gas stations are treated similarly to Landmarks in Waze—although they are more like POIs, gas stations have a special significance in Waze, because of the gas price feature. To show gas prices, go to the Navigate menu like you're going anywhere else, and press the Gas button. Note that the gas price function has not been implemented in all countries.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
kooksie wrote:Hello - glad I found this forum! I have a 120-mile/day commute and I've been using Waze for about 6 months with no problem (saved me loads of grief with traffic, since there are five ways for me to get home and none of them without massive traffic).

I just upgraded to the latest version of Waze and the app kind of freaked out on me - if i put in an address, for a short period it will know where I am, but then it just gets stuck in one place/freezes and I'll be several miles away already. Sometimes, it decides that I'm somewhere really random, no where near where I am - it can't find me. On the rare occasions that it is directing me properly, there's still a few seconds lag in giving me directions. Other times, I get this sentence in red that says there's no gps available. I live in a very populated area - the San Francisco Bay Area - so it's not like i'm in the middle of nowhere.

Any advice or thoughts? I'm desperate to get it working by the time I go back to work next week! I haven't backed up my phone in a while, so i'm not sure i can go back to the previous version. My service is through Verizon if that helps.
Does it work properly with other GPS nav apps? It sounds like the GPS itself in your phone is broken. I had this problem with my iPhone 3G a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message