Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bedo2991
May I ask you to insert this error in IT? "Ramp starting with "A " instead of "Dir. "
You should highlight as errors all the ramps that start with an A followed by a blank space.
Solution: Replace A with Dir.
"Wiki" ref: http://docs.wme-tools.com/index.php/gui ... lle-strade

No rush, take your time.
Thanks!

Edit: another thing that might be useful worldwide could be a warn: "Ramp streetname is too long". (Maybe 65 chars, not to bee too restrictive). We have some editors that take all the possible destination shown in the road signs and put them all in the ramp streetnames...
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
berestovskyy wrote:
bedo2991 wrote:May I ask you to insert this error in IT? "Ramp starting with "A " instead of "Dir. "
"Wiki" ref: http://docs.wme-tools.com/index.php/gui ... lle-strade
Please also note, at the moment Validator shows Waze wiki and Waze forum links only.
We don't use the Waze Wiki in Italy, can you just leave it "linkless"?
berestovskyy wrote:
bedo2991 wrote:Edit: another thing that might be useful worldwide could be a warn: "Ramp streetname is too long".
There is a check #52 "More than N letters street name" which may be adjusted and activated for IT.
Yes, please. A warning just for ramps and N = 55.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
I think that the " Street name on two-way Ramp" should be removed/declassified/better explained. Sometimes it is necessary to give a name to a ramp to avoid the "detour avoiding" mechanism.
Example: This 2 segments must have the name SS16 (https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,178050565)
In order for this route to be computed properly: https://www.waze.com/livemap?lon=13.514 ... n=13.51457
(Otherwise Waze sends you to the roundabout ahead for a U turn).
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Ferries are considered as non drivable segment and generate a warning when connected to streets:
#115 The non-drivable segment makes a junction with a drivable at node B
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... =309117864

Moreover I personally don't fully agree with this check in general, as it is not an issue anymore.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
I just tried this tool for the first time, looks promising! ;)

However, the "clear report and segment cache" button does not seem to work for me. I run an analysis and then want to get rid of the flashing segments. So I click this button and the flashing segments go away. But, as soon as I pan the map, they reappear instantly. Am I doing something wrong?

I am running validator 0.4.3 on Chrome 31.0.1650 via Tampermonkey.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Ah, I see. So the only way to mute the Validator without disabling the script is to uncheck the "Highlight issues on the map" in the options?

If so, I would suggest to move that checkbox to the front page of the Validator. In basemap areas the flashing segments can be quite annoying. ;)
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Wow, I love the way I can now easily switch the Validator on and off. Well done, berestovskyy!
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
berestovskyy wrote:19.01.2014 v0.4.8:
- new advanced setting: 'WME: Two-Way segments by default'
Wow, it's actually a shame that this has to be implemented as a script extension into WME, but I LOVE this feature! It has been annoying since the start that new segments default as oneways.

EDIT: But, roundabouts are now also created as twoways by default, which should of course not be the case!
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
levin wrote:I would like to suggest two new checks:
  • Two-way ramp
    severity: warning
    problem: Most ramps are one-way. A two-way ramp is possible, but should be examined.
Ich would like to oppose this one. In Germany, we frequently KISS ramps, if the two driveways are merely separated by road markings (example). Getting all those marked would lead to - well - challenges. ;)
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by BellHouse on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by BellHouse
berestovskyy wrote: - Validator is disabled in LayerSwitcher due to auto-enabling on permalink click
Sorry to see that, I really liked this feature!

I never left-click the permalink button, but just copy the link instead (right click permalink, then select copy link). Following this procedure, the LayerSwitcher entry was perfect. Any chance to get it back (maybe optionally)?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message