iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby srichgtr » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:59 pm

davipt wrote:
srichgtr wrote:Fuel station search/fuel prices feature now borked.

Error message: uh-oh no petrol stations nearby. It used to find several. I guess someone has changed the radius on the search and made it tiny. Tried it with both wifi and 3g mobile data.

I think it went missing in a previous update but it hasn't been resolved by 3.7.7.

The petrol stations issue is a Backend issue that sometimes happens, but fortunately it's independent of the client and from the backends for the maps and routing. It should recover shortly ;)

Still waiting for it to do so...it's been broken for months now. :roll:
srichgtr

Postby DavidAbarca » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi, im having a couple of bugs that I haven't been able to reproduce but had happened to me at least twice
Both running on an iPhone 5S iOS 7.0.4 no JB (Looked for in this forum but did not find them)
The firs of all is that the app stops tracking you, but it gives you directions and a route, also the crosshairs disappear from the app and there is no way to make them reappear also the +\- zoom buttons don't show
Another one (you have to manually scroll to follow the route

Also when reporting a road closure in landscape mode the words don't show within the time button

And the final one...

When two different accidents are reported close to each other (within 200m) they get snapped somewhere between the middle

That's all
Have a nice one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Local Waze Champ
ImageImageImageImageImage

iPhone 5S
iOS 8.1

Wiki de México
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:40 pm

DavidAbarca wrote:The firs of all is that the app stops tracking you, but it gives you directions and a route, also the crosshairs disappear from the app and there is no way to make them reappear also the +\- zoom buttons don't show

This happens often for a reason, not random, but is annoying. Tap the screen, the north up button, then the crosshair. In some cases, this will not fix it.
DavidAbarca wrote:When two different accidents are reported close to each other (within 200m) they get snapped somewhere between the middle

I don't remember the distance threshold for report aggregation. Will need to check with Waze to determine if it should be changed. At some point when they are close, it doesn't matter that it merges them.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SeventhGear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:05 pm

I use Waze 3.7.7.0 on IOS7 and currently the ETA-info for the current route is always *BEHIND* the banner telling how many wazers are around me. It's very annoying since the only way to see the ETA is to look into the alternative routes.

Is it just me or a bug in this version? I've recently flashed my iPhone4 to IOS7 but I'm quite sure waze was working correctly after re-flashing the phone.

Thanks for a pleasant app I am using since 1.5 year.
SeventhGear

Postby SeventhGear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:50 pm

I solved the invisible ETA-problem by killing the app and starting a new instance of waze.
SeventhGear

Postby labuta » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:39 am

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possoble how to change the alert distance from 500m to 1000m for instance. For me, the default alert distance of 500m is too short.
labuta

Postby DavidAbarca » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:41 am

I would like to have fewer alert options I hate going 800m then 400m 200m and at the point... It gets very chatty. You can't even listen to music that way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Local Waze Champ
ImageImageImageImageImage

iPhone 5S
iOS 8.1

Wiki de México
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:38 am

labuta wrote:I'd like to know if it's possoble how to change the alert distance from 500m to 1000m for instance. For me, the default alert distance of 500m is too short.

No, no alert settings are configurable. If there is enough distance, there usually be 3 turn notifications. Alert distances for hazards are also not configurable.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:39 am

DavidAbarca wrote:I would like to have fewer alert options I hate going 800m then 400m 200m and at the point... It gets very chatty. You can't even listen to music that way

Why don't you just mute the navigation instructions from the front of the main menu? Most of the time, we don't need actual verbal instruction because it's on the screen.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Machete808 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Anyone else getting URs or other indications of GPS location problems? An especially bad experience last night, with the map positioning me blocks away, rotating around as if it forgot my travel direction, etc.

Restarting the app (following a reboot of the iPhone) fixed it. But this seemed out of the ordinary to me. Does the app actually require occasional phone rebooting in order to maintain stability? Or is something unusual going on at the back end?
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Area manager, Los Angeles
Country manager, Thailand
Image Image
Need support?
support.google.com/waze > Popular topics > FAQs > Other > Open a ticket
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!
Machete808
Waze Mentor