Recent issues with alternate routes

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Recent issues with alternate routes

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:18 pm

I have not seen anything like this with my iPhone 4, iOS 6.x, but I am still on the pre 3.3.3 (3.7.6.996 BETA).
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Recent issues with alternate routes

Postby rsngfrce » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:48 am

Waze 3.7.7.0, Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 4.2.2, Waze Royalty California ranking (not like I'm bragging about how much traffic I sit in!). Recently, I have been having routing issues that I never had before, possibly started after latest update. My commute has a lot of possible alternate routes. After selecting my normal destination, I usually check the travel times for alternate routes and select the best. I 'think' the alternate routes used to include the least travel time route that Waze automatically selected, but may not include that best route anymore? This is a problem to me, because I like to compare the times of the best routes. More serious however, when I select one of the alternate routes, Waze keeps trying to direct me to a route other than the one I selected (and one it did not display in the alternate routes)... since this route wasn't displayed in the alternate routes, I have no way of knowing if it is better than the one I selected, plus why is Waze completely ignoring the fact that I have selected a route and continuing to direct me to a different route? I have been using the app for quite some time and have never had this issue until recently, and it is getting very annoying.

Also recently, occasionally, I will select a route and Waze seems to completely ignore this and act like routing is turned off, another issue I have not experienced until recently.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see anyone else reporting these issues, which is strange to me.
rsngfrce

Re: Recent issues with alternate routes

Postby Starskull » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:03 am

I'm having the same problem, Waze 3.7.7.0, Android 4.1.2 Droid razr maxx hd - In Los Angeles, so often look at the route options and choose the one I like best. Not always the "fastest" cuz I'd rather not turn left a ton of times vs. staying on a freeway an extra 2 minutes. Recently it's been ignoring my route choice and maintaining the one it wants me on. I need to check the alternate route, memorize the path, and then just drive it waiting for Waze to catch up. Really frustrating.
Starskull

Return to Navigation & Routing