Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by chriscompo
We need new and better voice commands with full phone and text options, possibly Google now integration! Across all platforms

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
chriscompo
Send a message

Post by chriscompo
We need Voice activation to like "OK Waze, report, confirm report. Report not there" and more

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
chriscompo
Send a message

Post by cigator
The only voice command that I can get to work is drive. I have tried "switch off" and it never recognizes the command. Am I missing something?
cigator
Send a message

Post by cigator
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
cigator wrote:The only voice command that I can get to work is drive. I have tried "switch off" and it never recognizes the command. Am I missing something?
Due to noisy cars, voice commands rarely work without the use of a headset or in-car BT integration.
I have my phone paired to a Motorola Roadster BT transceiver, so my voice should be picked up with that, not the phones microphone. Seems like a software bug.
cigator
Send a message

Post by DamonZ28
I've been an avid Waze user for years, but just tried using Voice Commands yesterday. No matter what I try, when I attempt to use voice commands I get an immediate error message that says "Network not connected." I get this error message, regardless if I'm connected to my home wireless network, or my USCC data network. I can type & search just fine, and I can route to anywhere I need to go, so I know I have a network connection. But for some reason, voice commands and voice search will not work. Any ideas? I've tried disconnecting bluetooth, but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Waze Android 4.32
Samsung Galaxy S8
DamonZ28
Send a message

Post by Danny036
This is very helpful while driving to use voice command, thanks for the tips
Danny036
Send a message

Post by dborn62
What about other languages (such as french)?
I live in Montreal, Quebec and most all street names are in french and the text-to-speach has a terrible time at trying to pronounce those french names in english. As I don't have any problem with either language, I switched the text and speech to french and it's much more understandable now!
However, when I try to give it a voice command, it doesn't seem to understand anything anymore. I tried both english and french words/phrases and nothing get recognized.
dborn62
Send a message

Post by DC3Dreamer
pvaladares wrote:All current available commands can be found at \Waze\asr_cmd in Android platform.
I don't have a Waze directory.
DC3Dreamer
Send a message

Post by Dejangrk
9-084-1.jpg
(59.31 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

8-59-084.jpg
(105.08 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
 Hi all, 

not so new to Waze, but new to the Waze community forums. I tried to solve my issue thru support but the agent that I received  (or better say boot) was so incompetent to solve my problem that even microwave operation should require someone to explain in details few times how it work to that agent. But I will solve that some other way, already asked to speak with a manager. I hope Waze has a manager.

So now if someone can help here, that would be good. 
My issue is as follows:
1. Navigation is working perfectly. GPS, location, "Hey Google, navigate to xyz" all that bits and pieces.  

What doesn't work is "Voice reporting thru the app".

Example is I am on the either highway, national road, passing the school or even driving thru the park in the city center, so different locations. Trying to report police, roadworks, stopped car, traffic...literary anything that is in the menu and that worked maybe 1 month ago.

For all of that I am getting an error "Something went wrong - Can't find your position on the map. Try again"

Important to say that is happening in the middle of the ride. GPS has been tested (screenshot) attached and no matter what is the location, it just doesn't want to acknowledge my report. Everything was working fine like a month ago, flawlessly. Not sure if there was an update or something but now its a mess. 

I did sent my debug files to the agent but the only answer that I am getting is: "Its not us, its you!!" Funny enough I have 2 devices and my account has been tested on both of them, and no, it doesn't work on both. I would understand if one device has a broken GPS or something...but not two. 
I contacted Google also, as first I thought it's google assistant problem as it is integrated as a voice commands tool instead of  waze but for them all is ok.

How it works is if I press the orange bubble on the screen, select the category and report it by physically pressing. 

Does anyone has a clue why Voice Reporting thru the app doesn't work?

Dejangrk
Send a message

Post by Dejangrk

OlderTimer
Here is an answer, from a month ago, in another thread ... as yet, I am unaware of any fix other than the one I suggested below.  Apparently the WAZE programmers prefer eye candy to fixing a fairly long-standing fundamental error.    :(

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Waze on Android
  •  
by RussPA Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:42 pm RussPA
OlderTimer wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:29 pm Im currently using version 4.82.0.2
Whenever I make a Google Voice report while driving, I get an error message, " Woops something went wrong, can't find your position on the map"

Earlier, the only workaround was to get version 4.80.01.  Is there any more recent fix?

Unfortunately, this bug has not yet been fixed.

Thank you OlderTimer, at least community is aware of the issue.
I just feel being arsed by the support team in Waze. Like if you know that this shit is still a problem, let us know and work on it. Don't send me bullshit email replies that are saying that I am the one that to blame.  I put myself in danger to send the logs and measure GPS logs during driving as per instructions to their agent that I still think its a boot just to be told "It's not us, it's YOU" I hope this will reach some kind of management in Waze. Really an asshole move.

Thanks OlderTimer one more time.
Dejangrk
Send a message