Voice Commands reference

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Voice Commands reference

Postby YorkieJaz » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:10 pm

Not working on 4.13.0.4
YorkieJaz

Postby omegadcuk » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:50 am

Hi,

Loving Wave at the momement, makes my journey to and from work much easier and seems better than Google in traffic detection thanks to the collaboration aspect ;)

Voice commands work IF i am not connected via Bluetooth in car. But once the car connects to the phone the voice commands can no longer hear anything I say - even if i pick up the phone and place right next to my mouth. Looks as if the microphone is disabled/redirected?

But in the same situation "OK Google" and "google maps" respond just fine, so its obviously a Wave thing.

Anyone know why this is? Any permissions i am missing or something?

Cheers,
Omegadcuk
omegadcuk

Postby mike20878 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:35 am

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and can't even get the voice command prompt. Waving does nothing.
mike20878

Postby Annie-Od » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:20 am

This is with a phone mic. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a Bluetooth headset working yet. I'm still working on that part.
Annie-Od

Postby Nicotunes » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi,

Is this with the phone mic or with a Bluetooth headset?

Thanks!
Nicotunes

Postby Annie-Od » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:46 am

Although I am still new to Waze, I have been able to resolve a few of my issues with Voice Commands and thought I would post that information here in case it helps someone else. I use a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime phone, Android 5.1.1 and Waze Version 4.5.0.1

I started with no access to Voice Commands at all. Went into Waze > Settings > Voice Commands and Enabled and set to Activate with 3 fingers. Unfortunately, my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime does not recognize 3 fingers as a "gesture". When that didn't work, I changed the selection to 3 fingers or wave.

With that I was able to get the Voice Command screen with the microphone. But, it would always show as "Waiting". It seemed to not hear me. I got out of Waze and went into my phone settings. Under System I chose Language and input > Voice input. Apparently my phone did not default to any type of voice input. I first chose Enhanced Google Service, but for some reason (which I don't understand yet) that didn't work. Then I chose Basic Google Recognition and exited settings.

I went back into Waze with that setting, and now Voice Commands work. It doesn't always recognize what I am saying, but I have able to do several reports by voice. If I figure that out, I'll let you know.

Hopefully, this is helpful to someone. :D
Annie-Od

Postby Annie-Od » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:35 am

I am new to Waze and can't get voice commands to work on my Samsung Galaxy Prime. Can anyone help? I have followed all of the instructions I have found without success.
Annie-Od

Postby RONY-KING » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:34 am

Voice & languages files came into one compressed folder when you downloadload the app. If you find any issue or missing comands.
For ANDROID: setting, applications, waze, clear data
OR you can re-install it but make sure there's nothing related to old one . Or things messd up
RONY-KING

Postby DC3Dreamer » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:26 am

pvaladares wrote:All current available commands can be found at \Waze\asr_cmd in Android platform.

I don't have a Waze directory.
DC3Dreamer

Postby Danny036 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:51 pm

This is very helpful while driving to use voice command, thanks for the tips
Danny036

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App