Voice Commands reference

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Voice Commands reference

Postby Annie-Od » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:46 am

Although I am still new to Waze, I have been able to resolve a few of my issues with Voice Commands and thought I would post that information here in case it helps someone else. I use a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime phone, Android 5.1.1 and Waze Version 4.5.0.1

I started with no access to Voice Commands at all. Went into Waze > Settings > Voice Commands and Enabled and set to Activate with 3 fingers. Unfortunately, my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime does not recognize 3 fingers as a "gesture". When that didn't work, I changed the selection to 3 fingers or wave.

With that I was able to get the Voice Command screen with the microphone. But, it would always show as "Waiting". It seemed to not hear me. I got out of Waze and went into my phone settings. Under System I chose Language and input > Voice input. Apparently my phone did not default to any type of voice input. I first chose Enhanced Google Service, but for some reason (which I don't understand yet) that didn't work. Then I chose Basic Google Recognition and exited settings.

I went back into Waze with that setting, and now Voice Commands work. It doesn't always recognize what I am saying, but I have able to do several reports by voice. If I figure that out, I'll let you know.

Hopefully, this is helpful to someone. :D
Annie-Od

Postby Annie-Od » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:35 am

I am new to Waze and can't get voice commands to work on my Samsung Galaxy Prime. Can anyone help? I have followed all of the instructions I have found without success.
Annie-Od

Postby RONY-KING » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:34 am

Voice & languages files came into one compressed folder when you downloadload the app. If you find any issue or missing comands.
For ANDROID: setting, applications, waze, clear data
OR you can re-install it but make sure there's nothing related to old one . Or things messd up
RONY-KING

Postby DC3Dreamer » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:26 am

pvaladares wrote:All current available commands can be found at \Waze\asr_cmd in Android platform.

I don't have a Waze directory.
DC3Dreamer

Postby Danny036 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:51 pm

This is very helpful while driving to use voice command, thanks for the tips
Danny036

Postby vince1612 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:18 pm

Oranges13 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Alert Commands
  • Thanks
  • Not there, gone, false
  • Hide, close, dismiss

I have never been able to get these to work. Is there a keyword you have to say to get waze to listen to you when an alert has appeared? Waving does not work until the alert has been dismissed manually, and then the voice commands do not refer to the previous alert.

I have to say I've never tried to use those myself so I don't even know if they work for me, I should give it a try someday ;)

I am not aware of any keyword, there are different activation methods however, maybe something from this link can help you:
https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6081262?hl=en
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Oranges13 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:42 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Alert Commands
  • Thanks
  • Not there, gone, false
  • Hide, close, dismiss

I have never been able to get these to work. Is there a keyword you have to say to get waze to listen to you when an alert has appeared? Waving does not work until the alert has been dismissed manually, and then the voice commands do not refer to the previous alert.
Oranges13

Postby bricot » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:33 pm

I just saw that you can report things in the opposite lane - is that also a voice command?
bricot

Postby tserBK » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:53 am

is this voice command function still available in iOS app?
I don't see it......
tserBK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby gas_85 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:02 pm

Why reporting language depends on country where you are driving? I have Russian Android interface, as also Waze, but Waze will request German Commands in Germany... Thanks God I can speak German, but it will not happen with all languages. Could it hold on what is set in Waze? Or at least as Phone language???
gas_85
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App