[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby Thortok2000 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:07 am

If you notice in the screenshot, the only way to delete 'other site and plug-in data' is to also delete cookies. And the only way to NOT delete 'other site and plug-in data' is to NOT delete cookies.

So somehow Chrome is throwing plugins in with cookies. Why I don't know. But that's probably why setting it for cookies also sets it for plug-ins. WME Toolbox is basically a plug-in.
ImageImage
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:08 am

Thortok2000 wrote:If you notice in the screenshot, the only way to delete 'other site and plug-in data' is to also delete cookies. And the only way to NOT delete 'other site and plug-in data' is to NOT delete cookies.

So somehow Chrome is throwing plugins in with cookies. Why I don't know. But that's probably why setting it for cookies also sets it for plug-ins. WME Toolbox is basically a plug-in.

Apparently. :-) Damnedest thing I've seen in a while. Part of what got me thinking about it was that when I would display cookie information for the domain, there'd be the usual entries you'd expect to see for a cookie reference, but there was also a "Local Storage" section as well. Clicking on that would only show how much space was being used - not anything pointing to the content (which was part of what made it hard to determine if it was the storage for the extension/plugin as it interacts with the Waze domain). So I took a blind shot, given that nothing else was working, and voila! It worked. Go figure.

Well, at least if someone else using Chrome is having problems like this in the future, we now know that we need to tell them to allow *.waze.com cookies to persist - if they're clearing cookies they need to except that domain from the cleaning.
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby paulkok_my » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:04 am

I'm facing the toolbox bar always shows up at the bottom of the screen every time I refresh the screen or open a new tab for the public WME even when the toolbox bar has been placed at the top. I do not face this problem on the beta WME.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Asus Zenfone 2 on Android 5.0

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby jondrush » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:46 pm

ispyisail wrote:
Arnoniem wrote:^^^ In the segment list you mean? You already can filter by selecting the columns.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

In this example im only interested in Highways filtered by citys

I don't care about streets, primary streets or parking lots etc (I want them filtered out)

I understand what you want, I'd like to see it too.

I use the poor man's filter. First sort by city, then sort by street type and the streets will be sorted in alphabetical city order.
Keeping the Waze maps tidy since 2009
jondrush User Page
jondrush
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby numbermaniac » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:10 am

Chrome won't let me install the Junction Node Fixer :( can you upload it to the Chrome Web Store?
Android 4.1.1, Sony Xperia E
Image Image Image
numbermaniac
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby no1ne » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:27 pm

Even if you download the extension file and then drag and drop it to the chrome extension tab

---- Look silly that's iOs fault
Imageaka Arbaot
AM Lorient et Vannes, N24=>Rennes et 76 Ouest , CM France
Perperam eventurum est quicquid perperam evenire potest
no1ne
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby nogetandet » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi

Could it be possible to include these in the "straighten"-tool ?

/Dan
Attachments
Double-Nodes.png
Double geo node
Double-Nodes.png (31.63 KiB) Viewed 706 times
ImageImageImage
Area Manager | Country Manager: Denmark |
WME Beta-tester | APP Beta Tester |
| Dansk Wiki | General Wiki | Script forum
nogetandet
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ispyisail » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:16 pm

Feature request

When i'm do mass "city" name changes after a while my eyes start going cross eyed and its easy to tick "street" instead of "city". That can be a big problem because you could destroy a whole suburb of street names. :( (I suspect this has already happened a few times)

Any chance of a enable/disable lock in setting as a double check

New Zealand and Papua New Guinea Country Manager
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:23 am

Feature suggestions:

Ability to select a group of connected unnamed segments. Useful when creating parking lots or even regular roads, and you want to set the direction and names. Today, you have to painstakingly select every segment you have created before applying the change.

To prevent unwanted damage, it can limit itself to segments that were created on the same day as the first selected segment + today. (In case you come back after a day or two, facepalm on having forgotten to un-red the roads, add two tweaks, then press the button.)
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby orbitc » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:37 am

qwaletee wrote:Feature suggestions:

Ability to select a group of connected unnamed segments. Useful when creating parking lots or even regular roads, and you want to set the direction and names. Today, you have to painstakingly select every segment you have created before applying the change.

To prevent unwanted damage, it can limit itself to segments that were created on the same day as the first selected segment + today. (In case you come back after a day or two, facepalm on having forgotten to un-red the roads, add two tweaks, then press the button.)

You can do that using toolbox's landmark option
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester
• iOS ßeta: Always the latest version
• WME ßeta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts