[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby sketch » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:27 pm

It's in the WME Beta Testing subforum, so you probably should... You may have to contact a staff member to give you access.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ispyisail » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:16 pm

OyyoDams wrote:Hey,

Just for information, starting for now, if you want to speak about the beta version of Toolbox (in the beta editor), please use this topic, so we can keep this one for the public version.

I have access to the beta editor but not the above thread :(
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby OyyoDams » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Hey,

Just for information, starting for now, if you want to speak about the beta version of Toolbox (in the beta editor), please use this topic, so we can keep this one for the public version.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby orbitc » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:38 pm

qwaletee wrote:
orbitc wrote:
qwaletee wrote:Feature suggestions:

Ability to select a group of connected unnamed segments. Useful when creating parking lots or even regular roads, and you want to set the direction and names. Today, you have to painstakingly select every segment you have created before applying the change.

To prevent unwanted damage, it can limit itself to segments that were created on the same day as the first selected segment + today. (In case you come back after a day or two, facepalm on having forgotten to un-red the roads, add two tweaks, then press the button.)

You can do that using toolbox's landmark option

Which option are you talking about? I don't see a landmarks button on the bar, nor a landmarks checkbox in the pop-out selection list. I'm using WME Toolbox plugin v1.3.6.3 / WME Toolbox loader v1.2.2.

Create a landmark using WME over those roads you need to change. Click on the landmark button in the toolbar (toolbox). Click on yes, and when WME ask that it will refresh say yes. All withing the landmark will be selected. No need to save LM.
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby no1ne » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:47 am

No need to save the landmark...
no1ne
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby gizmouf » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:33 am

qwaletee wrote:Which option are you talking about? I don't see a landmarks button on the bar, nor a landmarks checkbox in the pop-out selection list. I'm using WME Toolbox plugin v1.3.6.3 / WME Toolbox loader v1.2.2.

You create a landmark over the area you are interested in and you save it.
Then you select that landmark and click on the 'Select in landmark' button (the one after the 4 roundabouts buttons) and that's all.
Don't forget to delete the landmark afterwards.

Edit: Another option is to use the 'Select Segments' feature, zoom at the level that is the most appropriate to roughly have all the segments you need in your window. Then filter the segments with the options 'In screen = 1' + 'Country = none' (for red unnamed segments) or 'In screen = 1' + whatever you want depending on the case.
gizmouf
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:14 am

orbitc wrote:

Ability to select a group of connected unnamed segments. Useful when creating parking lots or even regular roads, and you want to set the direction and names. Today, you have to painstakingly select every segment you have created before applying the change.

To prevent unwanted damage, it can limit itself to segments that were created on the same day as the first selected segment + today. (In case you come back after a day or two, facepalm on having forgotten to un-red the roads, add two tweaks, then press the button.)

Which option are you talking about? I don't see a landmarks button on the bar, nor a landmarks checkbox in the pop-out selection list. I'm using WME Toolbox plugin v1.3.6.3 / WME Toolbox loader v1.2.2.
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby orbitc » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:37 am

orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:23 am

Feature suggestions:

qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby ispyisail » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:16 pm

Feature request

When i'm do mass "city" name changes after a while my eyes start going cross eyed and its easy to tick "street" instead of "city". That can be a big problem because you could destroy a whole suburb of street names. :( (I suspect this has already happened a few times)

Any chance of a enable/disable lock in setting as a double check

[ img ]
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts