Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Really frustrated with voice control...

Postby Humptydank » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:49 pm

This has been going on for so long -- why can my Samsung Galaxy S2 perfectly transcribe dictated texts at highway speed, voice commands to navigate my device, and even spoken addresses in Waze navigation search at highway speed, but can't consistently recognize the few commands involved in voice control?

I get perhaps a ten percent success rate, if that, and that's been true since I downloaded it over a year ago. Most of the time it's just "One more time?" and "I didn't understand you."

I've seen other discussions among Android users about this and keep hoping it's going to be sorted with each new update, but it hasn't been. Why can Waze understand spoken addresses but not the 55 words involved in voice commands?
Humptydank

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby marrero1990 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Any time i zoom out far enough on the app it takes me to a random spot on the map if i am not driving or zooms me in all the way while navigating.
marrero1990

Day/night mode broken in Australia

Postby cantanga » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:30 am

It seems there are a number of users over a variety of phones who have issues with the Auto day/night mode. It switches fine in the evening but in the morning it won't switch until about 10:30am even though the sun is up at about 6am.
There is a thread here https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77398 I started to see if it is happening to anyone else or just me and it seems it is occurring to a number of others as well.
ImageImage Image
Area manager: Southern ACT, Iluka/Woombah NSW
cantanga
Area Manager
Area Manager

Waze on Nexus 5 not working

Postby wiredNL » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:51 am

I just installed Waze on my new Nexus 5, and it does not work at all. At install, it says it can't access my location (tried it with Wifi, 4G and 3G) and the map looks like the attached screenshot.
Any ideas on how to solve this? I have no issues with Google Maps.
Screenshot_2014-01-28-08-45-44.png
Screenshot
Screenshot_2014-01-28-08-45-44.png (124.56 KiB) Viewed 628 times
wiredNL

Postby foxitrot » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:48 am

:) Someone recently discarded the "Bin ich Big" writing and someone painted the nice star, down there at /dev/null? :lol:
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread - sound broken

Postby energi22180 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:01 pm

cjpaddler wrote:
jlandwehr wrote:
soxfaninny wrote:Since upgrading to KitKat, the 'Play sound to phone speaker' option does not work properly. I use this so that I can be bluetooth connected to my car for phone, but still be able to hear the voice nav guidance through my phone speaker.

I have Waze 3.7.7.0 from Dec 11, 2013 which was running great on my Verizon Droid Maxx phone - until I got the KitKat4.4 upgrade pushed to me. Now the audio does not work / is missing words.

I suggest trying to uncheck "Play sound to phone speaker" again. This is what worked for me. I'm also on Verizon Droid Maxx (XT1080M) with KitKat4.4.

Jan28 update - still broken. Checking/unchecking the "play sound to phone speaker" doesn't work. If I have it checked, I get the missing words/broken sentences from phone speaker. If I have it un-checked, it does not work with the phone speaker, but if I am on a phone call with bluetooth audio active - I will hear the full instructions just fine on the bluetooth device (carkit or earpiece). Seems like we need an app update.
energi22180

Postby camilloth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:31 am

I am facing some problems with Waze widget.
1.Waze GPS version 3.7.7.0 version must be installed .
2.Enable DATA connection and open the app .
3.After Waze GPS load click on the waze icon at the left side.
4.Select "Navegar". (Navigate)
5.Set a location for "Casa" and "Trabalho". (Home and Work)
6.Go to the idle screen and add waze GPS widget4x1 to the idle screen.
7.After add the widget press the refresh Button.

Waze widget display some overlap and when is activated displays a sorry popup.
The device is LGD956 using Android JB, but also happens with other devices as LG G2 and Nexus 4.
camilloth

Re: Waze on Nexus 5 not working

Postby a4bolek » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:41 pm

hoompey wrote:I just installed Waze on my new Nexus 5, and it does not work at all. At install, it says it can't access my location (tried it with Wifi, 4G and 3G) and the map looks like the attached screenshot.
Any ideas on how to solve this? I have no issues with Google Maps.

Try this. In search box type in:

USA & Canada ##@usa
Israel ##@il
Rest of the World ##@other
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android N
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.1.0.1
a4bolek

Sound to Speaker not working after Android 4.3

Postby shortmancom » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:11 am

Sound to speaker is not working properly, verbal directions are truncated and useless. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Waze App and tried changing to different voice. Tom is my preferred voice. Please fix this. Directions over bluetooth isn't a reasonable option for me because I prefer to use my sound system for radio and I can't have both radio and bluetooth simultaneously.
shortmancom

Postby Quokka_I » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:22 am

The characters for Central European encoding on menus aren't displayed correctly on Android 4.0.3.
Attachments
splošno.jpg
splošno.jpg (57.66 KiB) Viewed 690 times
družabna_omrežja.jpg
družabna_omrežja.jpg (73.29 KiB) Viewed 690 times
ImageImage
Map editor • Translator
Quokka_I
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App